Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Little Yellow Car That Could

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• 11 months later...

Long time, no update.

Yellow Car and I are still together! Toward the end of last year her clutch started to get soft; air in the lines. I stopped driving her, put in some Sta-bil and stored her for the winter. A few weeks ago, Mark and I bled the clutch and discovered that the bleeder screw was stripped. My dad noted that the slave has always been a bit wonky on this car, so Mark was nice enough to buy a new aluminum slave for me from Rodney Dickman. Yellow Car made it to Automotion in Wisconsin Dells this year as a result, but on the way home puked nearly a quart of oil all over the engine bay. After some careful investigation, we found that the oil pan is leaking from the seal. It doesn't have a gasket but seals with some heavy duty RTV type sealant. Currently, I'm trying to find someone to repair this for me before the Fiero 30th Anniversary show in Indianapolis June 27-30. My dad and I would do the work ourselves, but we don't have enough time between now and then since this is a very labor intensive repair, and we have an immobile Corvair on our hoist at home. We also are working on buying a trailer to haul both Fieros with.

In the meantime, I have been conducting research and compiling information and resources on my supercharged ecotec swap. The more problems I have with YC's Iron Duke (and the move I drive the Cavalier with the supercharged ecotec currently installed) the more motivated I am to get moving on the swap. I'll start posting progress here and there, though as I'm sure you all can tell with my sparse activity, it could likely be awhile. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about all of you! I actually miss you quite a bit.

Thanks for reading :)

Over a year and still no swap?

Unfortunately, my dad and I have a lot of other projects to deal with (both fun and less than fun; the price of running and living on a farm), and I lived three hours away from him until I moved back home due to unavoidable circumstances in February. The weather in Wisconsin has been less than desirable and my dad had to take on another job to keep up with the mortgage. I wish there was more time and money so we could focus on our fun projects, but we're getting there. Slow and steady wins the race, right? :)

Sadie! Hi lady!

Hey, all the Iron Duke is doing is poking you to do the swap faster now.

Oh! I have a nifty Fiero related item if you want it. =]

Well hello there Chris! I agree with your statement about the Iron Duke. It's pretty much exactly what I said to my dad last week! What do you have?! I'm intrigued!

Yay update from Sadie!

Sucks that the seal is leaking :(

And what you have a Corvair now?!

My dad's father has had a 1969 Corvair since new. It only has 15,000 miles on it. We have it to get ready for sale, though there's a chance my dad could end up with it (long story). The fuel line is leaking badly and needs replacing so it's out of commission until we can find the time to fix it. Too bad neither my dad or I get weekends (or the same days) off, we'd have this and all our other projects done in no time!

Cool beans! How was the Dells? I miss that place.

Sent from my mind using telekinesis.

Ahhh, the Dells! I generally avoid it unless Automotion is going on, but man do I love Automotion. It's always a blast! The Dells is still the Dells, the super touristy small town with a population of as many water parks as permanent residents. ;)

I was in Michigan in July. I was in the upper peninsula for about four days and in the Detroit area for about two days for my grandfather's birthday. I'm hoping to be over there again this year, but only time will tell if it will work out. I still have never made it to the Woodward Cruise, which I'm pretty sure is some sort of crime.

Corvairs were, much like the Aztek, ahead of their time and therefore misunderstood. I think both of them are exemplary automobiles, and I speak from practical experience. The Corvair is a truly beautiful creation. It's incredibly unique, functional and stylish. Ours is a coupe, red with white racing stripes. Simply gorgeous! Once we get it running I'll post some pictures of it.

The Fiero was another one of GM's attempts to create something entirely it's own and very progressive, but it was also misunderstood and was obtaining the wrong market, among other things. Apparently I'm a fan of GM's supposed failures!

Sadie, it's a Fiero emblem for a wheel centercap. I found it at work when looking for a set of centercaps for some truck wheels last week. We have a bunch of manufacturer logos for custom wheels, but this one was not where it was supposed to be and I've never seen this with the others we have.

I'll get a pic of it later on, might even just post it on your FB.

Sadie, while it would be great if you could make the Woodward Dream Cruise, you could always let people like me, JUSTA6, notallthere, indyjoe know you are coming to town. We can still cruise Woodward without the Dream Cruise. We just need some advanced warning to make sure we're going to be around and arrange for a meeting spot. Heck, we can actually go down Woodward and back in less time if we did that way. So we could make it our own mini-cruise. YC is not required either - but it sure helps. Just be sure to bring your grandfather along. I'm sure he'd love it.

We could always take one of his classics! Or his 09 G8 GXP or 06 GTO. Haha. :) I will definitely keep you guys in mind for the next time we head that way! And I will do my best to give you all as much advance notice as possible.

Chris, please send me a photo! That is really cool!

A Pontiac pulling a Pontiac :D

Isn't it great?! (Better yet, an Aztek pulling a Fiero... It's GM's redheaded stepchildren back with a vengeance!)