Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What do you use to clean your car?

Mariachi

What do you use to clear your car? Engine, interior, Exterior, Rims, etc.

I use Meguire's Car Wash to wash the car. Adam's Polishes detail spray to leave that streak free shine on the exterior. I use the same detail spray on the rims and it works great. I also use Black Magic tire wet spray for my tires. When I was my car, I use Meguire's all the way. Cleaner Wax, etc. Meguire's is really good stuff.

For my undercarriage and wheel wells, i use Adam's Polishes Wheel well spray. Works so great. for my engine, i use that Orange can of degreaser (forgot the name) and a lil bit of Black Magic tire wet spray to detail some of the plastic and rubber in the motor.

Since i have plastic interior for the dash and door panels, i use ArmorAll. Don't recommend that for the vinyl since it cracks it (from experience). I use black magic for the vinyl. -_- For my seats, i just buy that Turtle Wax foam spray with the brush and scrub the hell out of it. then go over what i sprayed with my wet vac and it gets as clean as a can get it. (kids dirty the hell out of my interior).

anyone else want to share what they use to clean their cars?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the spring i will do one good wash with dish soap, and then rewax.

Any other time i use a $3 gallon jug of some purple stuff.

I never touch my rims. Because they are ugly and stock and its just a pain.

And my engine i will mix up some TSP and wash around when i feel it needs it.

Shop vac the inside.

Use armorall interior crap for the dash, and other parts.

Then vinegar and water on a cloth for my windows. Can't be messing up the tint.

If it wasn't a daily driver and subjected to salt 5 months out of the year i would spend more time on it and do it better.

In the spring i will do one good wash with dish soap, and then rewax.

Any other time i use a $3 gallon jug of some purple stuff.

I never touch my rims. Because they are ugly and stock and its just a pain.

And my engine i will mix up some TSP and wash around when i feel it needs it.

Shop vac the inside.

Use armorall interior crap for the dash, and other parts.

Then vinegar and water on a cloth for my windows. Can't be messing up the tint.

If it wasn't a daily driver and subjected to salt 5 months out of the year i would spend more time on it and do it better.

i feel ya. I have a lot of sun out here in AZ so i try at least 3 times a week to pass through it with detail spray to make sure the dust doesn't start to collect on it. (that is when the sun is out for several weeks in a row) lol

I like both the ICE detail spray and the Meguire's Ultimate detail spray. The ICE car wash works damn good, and I have an absorber to dry it. Again, I use the ICE paste wax. The shine is great, and it holds up to winter with flying colors, but it leaves a greasy film until it gets washed again.

Speaking of which, my GA will be professionally detailed come April. The paint just has too many swirls, and I want it done right.

i use this stuff my mom uses on her car..its blue no idea but i am almost out so time to get more. i use armorall on the rims and the interior pretty much use armorall products the most..never dull polish for the exhust tips, mcguires wax, scratch out to keep the oxidation out of my headlights, and many more products =] an i am with ya chris i am getting my car detailed and so is my mom.

i use this stuff my mom uses on her car..its blue no idea but i am almost out so time to get more. i use armorall on the rims and the interior pretty much use armorall products the most..never dull polish for the exhust tips, mcguires wax, scratch out to keep the oxidation out of my headlights, and many more products =] an i am with ya chris i am getting my car detailed and so is my mom.

if you 2 were out here in AZ, i could get you hooked up with my team. some of the guys either used to or still detail in the side and are pretty damn good at it. the one of my friends details lexus's all day.

I really haven't tried ICE. i think ill have to try some of the wax bcuz i did hear some good stuff about it.

if you 2 were out here in AZ, i could get you hooked up with my team. some of the guys either used to or still detail in the side and are pretty damn good at it. the one of my friends details lexus's all day.

I really haven't tried ICE. i think ill have to try some of the wax bcuz i did hear some good stuff about it.

well i might take you up on that offer when i drive to az. my best friend mmoved to suprise az and i might be coming out to see her this summer =]

and yeah i wanna try some ICE too i have heard nothing but good about it.

i use Meguiars to wash. then the ICE spray, rarely used (recently needed) Turtle Black wax. Turtle or Black Magic rim spray with a soft rub then rinse right away. Turtle tire foam. Black Magic tire gel. Turtle Chrome wax polish.

I use:

Wash -- Simple Green car wash

Clay Kit -- Meguiar's Clay kit

Scratch remover -- Meguiar's Scratch X

Polish -- Mequiar's Deep Crystal

Wax -- Meguiar's Gold Class wax

Rims -- Meguiar's Hot Rims

Tires -- Murphy's Oil Soap

Dash/Plastic -- Meguiars natural shine

Seats and Carpet -- Home Depot Carpet Cleaner rental -- Zep carpet cleaner

Window -- GM window cleaner

Engine -- Simple Green Degreaser but I do want to try to shampoo the engine but I am not sure how to go about it on a fuel injected engine.

I work at a dealer selling cars so after hours I can use anything and everything in the detail shop bay. :dancingpontiac:

I use a high pressure hose for the exterior w/ some car wash stuff, and for the interior I use a micro fiber cloth with some armorall stuff. As for the rims......the same way I clean the rest of the car..... :dancingpontiac:

I hope this helped

For the G6, it gets taken to a professional to get detailed... The other cars get washed with whatever we have, but usually involves Mother products...

yes!!! someone uses Mothers! I was waiting to see who uses this stuff. i heard it works really really well just never buy any. i always get whats convenient from autozone which is meguires. lol

Wash: Pinnacle Body Shampoo

After Wash: Pinnacle Paintwork Lotion

Claybar: (when applicable) Meguire's Claybar kit

Wax: Pinnacle Liquid Souveran

Tires: Gel tire shine, I don't remember the brand suddenly. It's purple.

Rims: A quick detailer and cloth to clean off brake dust

Interior: Meguire's interior quick detailer spray or wipes to clean the dash and other various surfaces

Seats/floor: Bissell's little green machine to steam wash and such when needed.

Glass: Turtlewax glass cleaner (mostly 'cause it had a pontiac pictured on the front)

yes!!! someone uses Mothers! I was waiting to see who uses this stuff. i heard it works really really well just never buy any. i always get whats convenient from autozone which is meguires. lol

:dancingpontiac: Yeah, I love to give my vehicles the best that I can ;)

I sure dont... I can have the most dirty, rusty, and dented up car....just as long as its fast. So I just dont see the point of spending soo much money on waxes, clay bars, and detailings... So im def for the GO rather then SHOW.

I sure dont... I can have the most dirty, rusty, and dented up car....just as long as its fast. So I just dont see the point of spending soo much money on waxes, clay bars, and detailings... So im def for the GO rather then SHOW.

What he fails to tell you that, in reality, he lives in TN, and it gets dirty out there, so it's more a hassle to clean all the time, than it is to just let nature wash it off :agreed:

:agreed:

But I still would love for a car to go fast instead of being flashy....

everyone has their own opinions. :lol2: I chose to make my car flashy bcuz its not a very fast motor. yes their is a potential but im going to spend more money on making my car faster then making a show car. now if i had another eclipse, thats a diff story. ;)

go get another eclipse. There not expensive. Im a ex-dsm guy myself...good times, but broke the wallet. I had a 650hp 92 GSX, but Ive owned almost all generations of Eclipses except the 3rd gen.

go get another eclipse. There not expensive. Im a ex-dsm guy myself...good times, but broke the wallet. I had a 650hp 92 GSX, but Ive owned almost all generations of Eclipses except the 3rd gen.

hahaha. same here! 1g GSX, 2g GS, and 4g GT! wow! yeah i am probably going to get either a 1g GSX (if i can find one running) or a Mitsu Mirage and go with a 4g63 swap. you can actually drop the 4g64 block right in and go with an evo head and boost for about $3,000. dirt cheap and lots of power.