Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hello every one i have a charging question.. im planning on installing a second alt .i have the stock alt and a 240 amp alt off of a chevy cavalier id like to add to the pontiac bonneville. Both are gm alts just one is chevy and orignial is pontiac. What my question is ,is the stock alt has 1 wire coming out of it. The hi out put has 2 wires coming out of it. how would i use the second alt to hook into the first alt being it has 2 wires and the stock alt has one. how would i hook this alt up properly.. what does the one wire do over the one with 2 wires. Thanks any help appreciated..

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

The first is if the bodies of the alternators are the same I would just swap in the 240 amp alternator into the car and not worry about the dual setup. You may also have to swap over the pulley from the Cavalier Alternator to the Bonneville one. As for the second wire I would not know since between 95 and 97 OBDII came into play which has changed some wiring and this maybe the cause of the second wire.

What are the colours of the wires?

If you did try to do it you would need custom brackets as I am not aware of any ones made for your application.

The single wire on the stock 95 alt is going to be the pcm input. The two wire alt is more than likely that, plus a sense wire that moniters the voltage.

I would second just getting a single high amp alt, plus doing the big 3 if you haven't already.

The other thing is your stock alt has the ability to add a sense wire. Here's more info: http://www.bonnevillepro.com/forums/viewto...=5856&hilit