Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Newbie From Florida

I have been a Pontiac owner for many years.

I have a 1964 Catalina/Ventura 421 H.O

A 1966 GTO hardtop and a 1967 GTO 2 door sedan.

I am happy to be here and I am looking forward to learning about other Pontiacs and their owners. :lol:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac!

I'll start I guess.

Name's Mike, I'm 17, Senior in highschool, and I live in western Massachusetts.

I own a 1978 Pontiac Phoenix LJ coupe with a landau top. It is powered by a 305 V8 with a 2bb carb.

The Pontiac Phoenix is based off of GMs X-body platform.

In 1977, "Phoenix" was the top trim name of the Ventura. In 1978 "Ventura" was dropped entirely and it was just "Phoenix". It had three trip levels for the first gen: Base, SJ and LJ. It was offered as a 2-door coupe or 4 door sedan.

The second gen Phoenix (1980-1984) was downsized and made FWD. It was basically a Chevrolet Citation.

Well, in light of Mike's post, I'll properly introduce myself as well. :lol:

Name's Chris. I'm 25, I'm a tech at a small repair shop full time, and live in the wonderful hellhole that is Long Island, NY.

My Pontiac: 2003 Grand Am GT Sedan.

The 5th generation Grand Am spanned from 1999-2005. It was the 2nd generation of GM's N-body chassis, on which the Oldsmobile Alero, Chevy Malibu (and Classic) and Oldsmobile Cutlass were built off of.

Powerplants consisted of the LA1 V6, 3.4 liter pushrod engine. Almost a 20 year old design, this version of the 60*V6 family saw use in the N-body Grand Am and Alero, W-body Chevy Impala and Monte Carlo, and the U-body minivans. Their last use were in the Pontiac Aztek and Buick Rendezvous.

For the SE models, 99-01 models could be had with the LD9 engine, a 2.4 liter DOHC I4. This was the last evolution of the infamous quad4 engines. 02-05 model received the wonderful L61, a 2.2 liter I4. This was the first Ecotec four cylinder GM made. Also, unlike the LA1, both these engines could be had with a five speed.

For the N-body GAGT, the LA1 made 175HP, 205TQ.

The LD9 made 145HP, 140TQ.

The L61 made 155HP, 150TQ.

• Founders

Hokay so I guess I will too then...

My name is Jim. I am 22 and the Web Manager at a global IT software company, hence why I am the owner/starter of a forum :lol: I have a degree in Computer Science and am getting my masters in Software Engineering

Anywho the G6 or 6th Gen Grand Am as it's been coined, are the grocery getters of 2005-2010 and I house the LX9 3.5L V6 engine in mine. Like the GA we share a platform with the Chevy Malibu, as well not like the previous GA we also share with the Saturn Aura.

Other engines in the G6 included:

3.5L LZ4

3.9L LZ9

3.6L LZ7

2.4L LE5

Fun fact, the '07 convertible G6 that are "GT Sports" actually have the LZ9 in them as GM was trying to get rid of left over parts per say at the time because they switched to the VVT engine 3.6L LZ7 as their high-grade GTP model engine (instead of the LZ9) and the VVT LZ4 as the GT version (instead of the LX9). Most GT's house the LZ4 or LX9 depending on year so it confuses a lot of people lol.

Jimmy, I just wanted to clear up the G6's chassis sharing:

The G6 was built off of the Epsilion I frame, which was developed by Opel for the Vectra, and Saab 9-3. Here's the whole list:

Standard:

2002 Opel Vectra

2003 Saab 9-3

2004 Chevrolet Malibu

2006 Cadillac BLS (Europe only)

Extended:

2003 Opel Signum

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx

2005 Pontiac G6

2005 Fiat Chroma

2007 Saturn Aura

2008 Chevrolet Malibu

Welcome aboard! :lol: I'm just an "old guy" here and some what new to this site myself. I have owned a few late 60's Ponchos and a 70 GTO myself. All long been sold. You've got some great cars. I currently have a 95 Firebird Formula. It has the LT1 5.7 liter engine with a six speed manual transmission. (Basically it is a iron block with aluminum heads, port fuel injected 350 cu. inch small block GM motor.) The Firebirds, Camaros and Trans Ams are all of GM's "F" body line. My 95 Formula belongs to the "Fourth Generation" group, ie; 93 thru 2002 which was the last year of production for the "F" bodies. I also have a 2004 GTO. It is basically a Holden (one of GM's divisions in Australia) "Monaro" that has been re-badged and called a GTO. These were produced from 2004 to 2006 with the latter 2 years receiving the 6 liter LS2 engines, and were available with an 4 speed automatic or a six speed manual transmission. The car was made in Australia and all though it wears the Pontiac badge, myself as well as many don't really consider it a "American Muscle Car". (It would have been nice if GM would have at least given it a hint of styling cues from the early GTO's and made it here) It's performance does live up to the GTO name as it has the 5.7 liter LS1 V8 engine (350 cu. inch/350 H.P) and really does "scoot"!. This is an all aluminum block and heads engine that was the fore runner to the LS2, LS3 engines. These engines are referred to as "LSX" engines because like the early Pontiac motors, these blocks support different displacements. This one has a 4 speed automatic transmission so my wife can drive it too. And finally I also have a 96 Bonneville with the popular "3800" series V6 and auto transmission. Like so many of these of this era, this one is a "peeler" and now needs a paint job.

I am Alex I am 20 and I own a 2008 Pontiac G6 3.5L. She's my baby and I first fell in love with Pontiacs when my uncle took me for a ride in his 1979 trans am 400 4 speed non t top. Youll soon fall for Pontiac like we all have

hello im Ghost and ditto the rest of the info that Ringo said. :lol: also, do you need someone to take care and/or drive your classic Pontiacs? cuz i could do it.

hello im Ghost and ditto the rest of the info that Ringo said. :lol: also, do you need someone to take care and/or drive your classic Pontiacs? cuz i could do it.

Did someone turn on a vacuum? I hear sucking up noises.

I own two classic Pontiacs, a '72 Lemans Sport Convertible and an '86 Trans Am (I am the original owner of this car). I've owned the Lemans for 16 years. I am a member of the Michigan Widetrackers chapter of the Pontiac Oakland Club International (POCI). I love Pontiacs, grew up loving Buicks too.

I'm Sadie! I'm 23 and finishing up my undergrad in Asian art history. I'm starting my MBA in Sustainable Business in January. I've had a love for Pontiac literally since I was born (in Pontiac, MI). I work full time as a shift manager at Starbucks and have been with the company since November 2005. I plan on working at Starbucks for the better part of forever, though I'd like to move into corporate someday.

I have two Pontiacs: a 1988 Fiero and a 2005 Sunfire. I come from a long line of GM and Pontiac love; my great-grandfather was Executive Vice President of GM and my grandfather was Manager of Special Vehicles at Pontiac. My uncle used to race in the Grand Am series (think Rolex 24 hour race at Daytona). If I could own and operate a restoration shop with my dad I would, but until then, Starbucks owns my soul. Starbucks and my two cars, anyway.