Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

My other project

Sam

First the problems. It is presently not drivable. Has bad compression on one cylinder, around 75 psi. I suspect it is a broken ring land. Also is leaking much oil from the front main seal (the primary reason it is not drivable). The clutch is slipping when heavily loaded, so it possibly got oil on it, though I am not sure of the cause of that.The windshield has a crack running across it. Transmission will grind 3rd unless you go easy on it, as is common to these cars. Engine will start and run, though. So my plan of action is to replace the motor and transmission. It would be cheaper than rebuilding them.

original stock F22 with 202xxx

5spd

chipped ecu

Zeitronix ZT-2 wideband afr meter (will connect to computer for data logging etc) and lcd display which shows boost/vacuum and air fuel ratio

stainless header which has been reinforced to avoid cracking

t3/t4 turbo (do not know the manufacturer)

internal wastegate

saab bov

silicone couplers with t-clamps

aluminum piping

intercooler mounted discretely behind the bumper

exedy stage 1 clutch

Optima battery

The headliner, carpet and all interior behind the front seats is removed. Presently there is no exhaust installed after the downpipe, though I have the rest to go with it. I paid $400 for the car as it sits.

Laugh if you want, cry, make jokes, I don't care. It will be a fun little project.

000_0085.jpg

000_0087.jpg

000_0088.jpg

000_0089.jpg

000_0102.jpg

000_0105.jpg

000_0109.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Just wait until Manuary comes 'round.

Sounds a little too much like mammary for my taste! :lol2:

On the topic of the wagon: I approve. I think it will be a hoot and a half when you get it going. I love wagons/hatchbacks and sleepers and this certainly fits the bill.

• Founders

Just wait until Manuary comes 'round.

Is this like Movemeber? Cause I am shaving my mustache off tomorrow! Even though i did it actually for a cause, I am glad it's over. My mustache looks weird.

</thread highjack>

Is this like Movemeber? Cause I am shaving my mustache off tomorrow! Even though i did it actually for a cause, I am glad it's over. My mustache looks weird.

</thread highjack>

Picture so we can verify weirdness? This goes for anyone else who participated in any sort of No Shave November activity.

EDIT: Man can we get off topic! :lol2:

Seriously people?? Manuary is the same as No Shave November.

Manuary (Noun)

During the month of January, men who grow out their facial hair. Exact reasons for this are unknown, yet theories have arose as it being in response to the high stress nature of the holiday season, thereby men resorting to mantastic facial hair to compensate for seeing their in-laws.

• Founders

Seriously people?? Manuary is the same as No Shave November.

Manuary (Noun)

During the month of January, men who grow out their facial hair. Exact reasons for this are unknown, yet theories have arose as it being in response to the high stress nature of the holiday season, thereby men resorting to mantastic facial hair to compensate for seeing their in-laws.

:lol: There are too many things where it is "cool" not to shave, I can't keep up.

I'll post pictures of my stache this weekend :P

Dude Sammy that's what's up! When I was done with my accord, I had a $3,000 sleeper that put buss lengths on a 3.8 genesis coupe. I've always had so much faith in the f-series cars, they're cheap as FORD, cheap to build, iron sleeved, capable of a solid 400whp on a stock bottom end, & 9 times out of 10 they haven't been torn up like civics.

If you need any help, tips, etc. let me know. Now go buy a good parts car for another $500, & have a ballpark $1,000 sleeper lol.

• 3 months later...

Hell yeah Barry, I haven't touched the car in months since I'm so broke. I'm hoping for a new job this summer so I can really get this project going.