Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Just installed a GM/Hurst oem short throw shifter with a short stick and Hurst leather wrapped knob in the "Bird" Wow! What a difference! Toughest part was removing the center console. The rest was a breeze! :cheers: Next will be new shocks/springs and sway bars. ( I have pictures on my cell phone but I don't know how to get them from the phone to here)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Cool! :D :D

1 of many ways to get them from the phone to online is email them to yourself then save them to your computer then upload them to Image Shack or another 3rd party image hosting service then put it in the BBCode with the image's URL here and done.

There are many different other ways like using the USB transfer cable that your phone might have came with (if it's a recent phone), using WIFI (if it has it), going to image shack or other 3rd party host and uploading straight from phone, etc... etc...

There are a lot of ways to do it but I usually do the email way since it's quickest and I get a copy of it for my computers hard drive.

OK. so now I have the pictures in my email. Just have to down load them I guess? UGH! The wife is going to have to help me with this...........You guys make this all sound so easy.......I'm more of a "Hardware Guy". If it's broken, chances are I can fix it, if it it needs built, I can probably build it........ this "Software" stuff just baffles the crap out of me.......... :D

How to post photos If you want to be able to post photos on the forum you will need a http://photobucket.com/ account or something similar. These type of accounts are free and you will need to sign up for one. Once you have signed up for the photobucket.com account all you have to do is upload your photo to PB from your computer. Then PB will provide you with four links, the one out of the four you want to use is the bottom on called "IMG code". Just highlight the IMG code and copy and paste it into you post. That's it its that easy!!! If you want to post a photo you found somewhere like Google Images that is just as easy. Click to open the desired photo then highlight the link in your address bar and right click it and hit copy. Next paste it into you post then highlight it again and click on Insert Image found " "in your post options menu bar. This will add this code around your image link [img.]your image link[/img.] minus the two periods I added so you can see the code. let the staff know if you need any further assistance. happy photo posting!!!
:D

I didn't think to take pictures until I was 1/2 way thru it but here we go...........

7.jpg

Above is both shifters, the top is the new one. Below is a picture of the "cup bushing" that fits at the end of the shifter into the transmission. The next picture is of the end of shifter that fits into the cup bushing. The cup bushing is plastic and is considered as a "wear item" so while I was there I thought it would be a good idea to replace it.

3.jpg

5.jpg

This picture is of the new shifter installed with the "Short Stick" This is also from Hurst, But the spacer is from TNT Motor Sports. The spacer is needed to set the shifter in the correct position. You can see this in the photo of the original shifter.

6.jpg

9.jpg

OK, I didn't completely remove the console, I just loosened it enough to get the primary dust boot off. A universal joint on the end of a 1/4 drive ratchet made it possible although some what difficult. Next picture is everything all back together again with the new knob.

4.jpg

' date='Nov 27 2011, 11:24 PM' post='62528']

Whoa...tiny pictars. Why did you resize them so small?

Looks good from what I can tell.

I really didn't re-size anything.....don't know how to do that yet..LOL doing good just to get this far. :D

• Founders

Nice! Good upgrade, great looking bird too!

Once you get a hold of posting pictures, you can pretty much can do it all. Everything on Windows is usually intuitive for the most part till you get into advanced things which probably you won't have to do to just surf the net. :D

Thanks guys! :D Little by little I will get a handle on this stuff. I have a few more mods planned for "The"Bird" so now I will be able to share. I'll try to make the pictures a little bigger next time as well as do a better job of start to finish.

Cool, what do you have in store? :lol2:

Got a few things stacked in the corner of my shop waiting on me..............SLP Level 2 suspension (Bilstien Shocks and Eibach Springs), New Strano Performance Parts (larger) front and rear sway bars and end links, Firehawk Style Composite Ram Air Hood with WS6 Airbox, Aluminum Drive shaft, SLP Throttle Body Air Foil, Skip Shift Eliminator, C5 Brake upgrade, SLP LT4 Exude Honed Exhaust Manifolds, Custom Exhaust to replicate SLP "TOTL" ( Two Out The Left), new clutch and eventually new carpet and new leather seat upholstery (front seats). Who knows.......after I get this all done I may get a wild hair and pull the motor and go thru it and re-paint the car. Somebody stop me!!!! :lol:

Got a few things stacked in the corner of my shop waiting on me..............SLP Level 2 suspension (Bilstien Shocks and Eibach Springs), New Strano Performance Parts (larger) front and rear sway bars and end links, Firehawk Style Composite Ram Air Hood with WS6 Airbox, Aluminum Drive shaft, SLP Throttle Body Air Foil, Skip Shift Eliminator, C5 Brake upgrade, SLP LT4 Exude Honed Exhaust Manifolds, Custom Exhaust to replicate SLP "TOTL" ( Two Out The Left), new clutch and eventually new carpet and new leather seat upholstery (front seats). Who knows.......after I get this all done I may get a wild hair and pull the motor and go thru it and re-paint the car. Somebody stop me!!!! :lol2:

Ah, good, you really are "one of us." If you didn't have 18 projects pending I wouldn't have been sure. :lol:

• Founders

Got a few things stacked in the corner of my shop waiting on me..............SLP Level 2 suspension (Bilstien Shocks and Eibach Springs), New Strano Performance Parts (larger) front and rear sway bars and end links, Firehawk Style Composite Ram Air Hood with WS6 Airbox, Aluminum Drive shaft, SLP Throttle Body Air Foil, Skip Shift Eliminator, C5 Brake upgrade, SLP LT4 Exude Honed Exhaust Manifolds, Custom Exhaust to replicate SLP "TOTL" ( Two Out The Left), new clutch and eventually new carpet and new leather seat upholstery (front seats). Who knows.......after I get this all done I may get a wild hair and pull the motor and go thru it and re-paint the car. Somebody stop me!!!! :lol:

:o:lol2: Can't wait to see the progress!

Ah, good, you really are "one of us." If you didn't have 18 projects pending I wouldn't have been sure. ;)

:lol: