Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Just fell onto this Pontiac forum

Just curious, why stick with 16" wheels on the Bonnie? It's a big car, 16"s seem to small on these cars, plus...such a meaty sidewall limits the handling aspects. Running a 245/45 R18 tire would make use of the new suspension bits.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

' date='Nov 17 2011, 03:11 PM' post='62104'] Just curious, why stick with 16" wheels on the Bonnie? It's a big car, 16"s seem to small on these cars, plus...such a meaty sidewall limits the handling aspects. Running a 245/45 R18 tire would make use of the new suspension bits.

I have 14" on the Phoenix and shes a big car.

' date='Nov 17 2011, 03:11 PM' post='62104']

Just curious, why stick with 16" wheels on the Bonnie? It's a big car, 16"s seem to small on these cars, plus...such a meaty sidewall limits the handling aspects. Running a 245/45 R18 tire would make use of the new suspension bits.

With the FE2/41 springs and sways, you'd be suprised how well it handles on stock wheel/tire combos.

The sways are pretty serious.

The tires are decent... what I am running are sumitomo HTR A/S 01...

H rated, Directional, with a 100 load rating, 51 Psi maximum... And its a 500-520 wear rating... For what they are I am impressed... I usually like 400 wear rated... But these seem to be holding their own...

I have thought about the 17" swoops or saw Blades from the 00+ bonnevilles...

Sumitumos? Meh, I've had such lousy experiences with those. Bad traction, noisy, etc. They're cheap, but that's the only plus side.

I'm more swooned by Dunlop, Nitto, General and Goodyear (the only four good tires they make. ;) )

I'm used to switching tires every winter, but then again, you haven't mentioned your location at all.

I am ok with these tires... Not throwing the bonneville sround corners at insane speeds...lol.. Nor the van for that matter....ha ha.. I wouldn't mind a tire with a tad more grip... But thats a ways down the road...