Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Just fell onto this Pontiac forum

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 91 LE before it was totaled

Alloypontiaccentercap01BC.jpg

My 95 Bonneville SE in its hay Day... Needs paint bad these days...

HPIM0016.jpg

The 03 SLE

DSC04038.jpg

The 1995 Pontiac Trans Sport

95TransportTrannyRemoval073.jpg

Vans replacement powertrain... L26 under L36 induction...lol... Put about 20k on it.. so far... Need to make more changes to it...lol

Vanengineswap048.jpg

The van has a Comp Cam NA performance cam.. LS6 springs, ported lower intake, ported front exhaust manifold, magnaflow exhaust... Mildly modded... a little bit of fun for a van...lol.. and it does tow and haul...lol

The 95 Bonneville is on engine number 3( 30k with no issues ) original trans... But its running the 97 PCM and harness.. Want to mod it more soon...

also have a 94 SSE sitting here... Still pondering what to do with it...lol... Thats about the gist of it...

Wondering what to do with the 93 and 95 Bonnie?

http://foreverpontiac.com/index.php?showtopic=1879

I believe that should inspire you...

As for teh van, pretty cool you did an L26/L36 hybrid build of sorts. That's the beauty of GM V6s.

Wondering what to do with the 93 and 95 Bonnie?

http://foreverpontiac.com/index.php?showtopic=1879

I believe that should inspire you...

As for teh van, pretty cool you did an L26/L36 hybrid build of sorts. That's the beauty of GM V6s.

Oh, we all know Mike really well, he's been a member at PBC for years, LOL. We've seen his car through all of that. :welcomeFP:

We love our Pontiacs... I look at many of the J, N, H and C Bodies and the W bodies and think.... HMMMM what we could do to that car and freak people out...

The van... well, it just kind of happened... Then I started to mod it a little... It had the odd ball 95 TPI 3800 engine built with the series II crank... I did some porting, added 1.8 roller rockers... we rebuilt a trans for it ..... it was doing 21 in town and 28 on the road... Pretty good for a van... A good time later I was on the interstate and Got on it hard... when I got off I noticed the oil pressure was shall we say low... This was followed with a light knock... It was cheaper to graft a newer 3800 into it as opposed to using another TPI 3800.. as well we had a good starting point with the original 95 L36 bin file.. so it made it pretty easy.. later my buddy grafted a 97 PCM set up onto it so we could tune with the HPT that he had... I have the DHP...

Its all been interesting.. and I hope to find the time to tinker with the 95 Bonneville as I have some of Mikes old mods...LOL

Right Mike

The J & N-body are really just the blacksheep of the Pontiac/GM crowd. On cross platform forums like these, I have gotten scoffed at (not here though) over owning and modding a Grand Am. I've seen worse horrors with Sunfires (The Cavalier's reputation swallows it)

Our cars aren't exactly the fastest, and modding with limited to no aftermarket, sometimes I wonder if I am crazy to mod such a limited platform. :welcomeFP:

Its all been interesting.. and I hope to find the time to tinker with the 95 Bonneville as I have some of Mikes old mods...LOL

Right Mike

Lol. Yep, I loved that cam and spring setup.

Oh, we all know Mike really well, he's been a member at PBC for years, LOL. We've seen his car through all of that. ;)

There might be a few things you haven't seen in that thread.

' date='Nov 16 2011, 11:57 PM' post='62043']

The J & N-body are really just the blacksheep of the Pontiac/GM crowd. On cross platform forums like these, I have gotten scoffed at (not here though) over owning and modding a Grand Am. I've seen worse horrors with Sunfires (The Cavalier's reputation swallows it)

Our cars aren't exactly the fastest, and modding with limited to no aftermarket, sometimes I wonder if I am crazy to mod such a limited platform. ;)

The van was intended as a driver and hauler... Got it from a good friend... Trans was shot... we used a trans that we learned on... Later I found a hair line crack in the case... after that I took the vans original trans and rebuilt it... Found that it was poorly rebuilt before and the wrong Diff was used.. But I found it was a 3.33 Diff so i liked that idea and used it...LOL... The van has pissed off a few fart tube equipped cars...

After all who would suspect the minivan...LMAO....

You familiar with FullThrottleV6? I'm over there, it's an all V6 domestic performance forum, and LOTS of 90*V6 guys frequent there, manily F-body guys, but it's a good source of performance info, especially for forced induction.

You know that van needs a snail...;)

I might be a member... Don't remember tho....lol... I have done some reading over there looking at what has been done and what can be done... always interesting to see whats going on...

I have 2 problems with the van right now, First is I have an HV3 on it, great at 6000 Rpms but not so friendly at 3000... I also believe that the Comp Cam was designed with the stock longer runners in mind... I think I have lost a bit of low end grunt that I had.... The cam is not radical by any means,but on a hot start you know it has a cam...lol... The cam is said to be good from 1000-5500...

Other problem is the torque converter, got the numbers off the converter( GM SRTA Trans ) and its got a low stall... Pissed about that... But I have a new GM factory oriented performance stall for a 3800 on my desk( typical car guy I guess, store the converter on the desk LMAO ) its a 1900 stall, should stall 2100-2300 in this application...

When I can get to it, the 95 Bonneville will have the GT1 cam, HV3 insert, Plog on the front, LS6 springs with the proper retainers... New chain, new tensioner, aluminum oil pan among a few other bits... It already has a Ported lower intake, intake ports on the heads are kissed.. The injectors are flow matched, and were 2% to the front for the Plog that was there at one point... I had the FE1 suspension, I install the F41/FE2 Firm Ride and Handling suspension, poly links, 235 60 16 tires...

Not sure what it is about that car but I love it...lol

Thinking about building a Trans for it... The current 4T60E is at 191,000 miles... I have no fear of leaving it in there as it still functions... But I have a couple of 96 SSEi units I can rebuild for it... So thats crossing my mind... still can't believe it runs as good as it does and still good on fuel..

so I have my work cut out for me...lol... Good thing is all of the parts for the 95 have been bought and paid for... Same with the van parts.... Just need the days off.... without any injuries... lol