Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Watch the Florida Highway Patrol chase down a speeding Miami cop in his own squad car

Jedi3

Watch the Florida Highway Patrol chase down a speeding Miami cop in his own squad car

miamipdlopezpursuit.jpg

By Jonathon Ramsey RSS feed

You're a Miami police officer, so high-speed blasts down the highway probably aren't anything new to you. Therefore, it makes perfect sense that when you're late to your off-duty moonlighting gig, you'd run your marked, Miami-Dade Police cruiser up to 120 miles per hour through traffic and do whatever it took to clock in on time, right?

For officer Fausto Lopez, this also means leading an on-duty Florida Highway Patrol police officer on a five-minute chase down the turnpike when she wanted to pull him over for reckless driving. And since it's hard to get to work in handcuffs, we imagine Lopez didn't make it to his gig at the appointed hour.

There are two videos of the tense incident after the jump, the first is an ABC News report, the second is priceless dash-cam footage of the pursuit. As Lopez is being cuffed, he apparently says, "Oh man, I can't believe this." He's not the only one. Lopez is apparently only been charged with one count of reckless driving.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBHOTK4sQPY&feature=player_embedded

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq1sscJcZdA&feature=player_embedded

News Source: Miami Herald, YouTube, YouTube, ABC News

Source: autoblog.com

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/31/watch-t...ding-miami-cop/

:lol::lol::(

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

If the NY state troopers local to Long Island weren't in bed with the Suffolk Sheiriffs, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened here. Cops shouldn't feel above the law, and I've even seen Suffolk, Nassau, Suffolk Sheriffs and State Troopers on the phone while driving. Special treatment pisses me off.