Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

jedi3's Progression thread

Have the Latitudes and meh, they were awesome when I put them on but now they're just so so. My biggest peeve with these is once you're above 60mph they don't stick as well to your windscreen and you get jumps...

They do well in Rain dunno about snow...

They're excellent in the snow. How often did you clean yours? Windex and clean rag do wonders, I cleaned mine every other week, and they get filthy very quickly.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Founders
' date='Apr 6 2011, 12:18 PM' post='52014']

They're excellent in the snow. How often did you clean yours? Windex and clean rag do wonders, I cleaned mine every other week, and they get filthy very quickly.

When I wash my windows which is about every week or 2, depending on how dirty they are.

My biggest peeve with these is once you're above 60mph they don't stick as well to your windscreen and you get jumps...

I had the sam issue with the Michelins dont know about these thou. (havent been on the highway yet) I swear the factory ones sat lower than the Michelins and the new ones. I hate seeing the wipers when I drive and there not in use. Thats one thing I loved about 80s and older cars with the hide away wipers that tucked under the hood.

• 2 months later...

Just had to replace a fog light bulb this morning, $14.99+ tx for a stock color one. Yea I know you guys are going to say I should of gotten the fancy ones but I dident want to change 4 headlight bulbs and 2 fogs and spend $100.+ so :( im happy :D

. Thats one thing I loved about 80s and older cars with the hide away wipers that tucked under the hood.

They first appeared on Pontiacs in 1968 ;) Good ole John Delorean.

• 2 weeks later...

I washed Mommy's, Dad's and my cars yesterday. Today I detailed and shampooed my interior. Also ArmorAlled everything inside & out, boy im beat!

Ok here ya go Jim and friends. :lol: Funny how the camera makes my interior look gray :badGT: but trust me its all jet black. The shampooing got out all the water spots/stains from years of rain getting at the interior when getting out of the car. I also had a water stain from my ice coffee dripping on the front seat. Also had alot of water spots on the cloth on the door skin and some dirt stains from leaning on it. All of it came out and it looks great. :woot:

Here are some choice pics and the link to the album with all the pics.

http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n514/t...ior%20cleaning/

DSCN0926.jpg

DSCN0920.jpg

DSCN0922.jpg

put my rubber mats back in on top of the stock rugged mats. (really saves the rugs having them)

DSCN0930.jpg

Now thats a reflection to be proud of. :)

DSCN0932.jpg

DSCN0933.jpg

DSCN0931.jpg

But silver is harder to get that type finish. :o

• 2 months later...

I had my fuel injectors cleaned today thought it was time since im rolling up on 65k soon. I olny drove it home so I have not noticed a difference and im to sure I will but I keep up on my sh@t. :D The radiator is good till 150k so thats good for a while still. The tranny fluid is next to be changed out and Im not sure if this car has power steering fluid to be changes. The g6 uses hydraulic with electric assist steering.

Im also ordering new front & read dart overlays and new eyelids from our vendor the grafx shop.

So tonight I jumped on the car a bit and noticed the car is a bit more responsive in the lowend/rolling start take off speed. So I think it was worth it having the fule injectors cleaned. Well worth the $100 bucks to have them professionally done. I dident know that GM (as well most manufacturers) recomends that you have your injectors cleaned every 15 thousand miles. Im not sure I would do it THAT offten but every 20/30k couldent hurt. The reason you do it is that the gass leaves carbon deposits on the injectors and the hiles get smaller and smaller. Now this was not one of thouse kits that you put some shit in your gas tank. :D This is the stuff they hook up to one of your vac lines and fule lines. They run the car at 2000 rpms for 20 minutes till all the cleaning fluid is gone. Then run the car for another 5 to finish it up.

Worked on the car a bit today... I repainted the two front calipers they were all chiped up to hell. That took a long time since I dont have jack stainds. I had to jack up the car and and do one side at a time. That took alot longer than I thought it would. Im going to do the two back ones on my next day off but they dont need much work, just some touch up. I also replaced another fog light.... It just figures I replace one and the other one goes out like a week later. So after a month of not using them I finally replaced the bulb today. I also picked up a roll of chrome door edging to redo my chrome lower grill mod. I noticed the other day the old door edging was really beaten up. I also picked up one of the headlight restore kits for when my new eyelids come in. I dident get to it today but no big deal since the eyelids have not come in yet. My headlight lenses arent too bad just a bit not super clear anymore. So before they get too bad Im going to fix them up. I have never used one of the kits for it before and hope it actually works like they say.

Yea so tru Jim... I was behind a truck and saw my reflection and noticed the other fog was out and was like that just figures. :willy_nilly:

I have never used one of the kits for it before and hope it actually works like they say.

yeah they work i used them on my montanas headlights and you can see the difference they made. i have pics on my progression thread if you wana see.