Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

jedi3's Progression thread

well I got my two stickers Saturday when my sticker guy picked up his daughter. The forums order will be in my hands next Saturday. I had duplicats of all my sticker incase they ever got messed up or needed to be redone. I took off all my stickers and redid it all and took some pics with my phone. I also added a Saturn logo since I have strong feelings for Saturn (I work for Saturn and my dealer is closing at the end of the month) and needed to fill a hole in the stickers layout I did and put on my GM perf parts + sticker. A little bold looking but im realy happy with it all and think it makes the car a little racey. (not ricey)

all the pics

I miss my dig camera :dancingpontiac: sorry for the camera phone pics but its all I got now. :lol2:

http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w71/jedi3/FP%20STICKERS/

SSPX2062.jpg

SSPX2059.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys Im loving them! :badGT:

I was outside at work today by my car like 4 times and had to check out how it looked each time. :D

• Founders

Thanks guys Im loving them! :lol2:

I was outside at work today by my car like 4 times and had to check out how it looked each time. :badGT:

:lol2: I do the same!! Sometimes I walk out of my way when I install/add an appearance mod just to look at it :lol2:

• 3 weeks later...

when we sell thru the site stickers and I get my money back im either doing the GS stripes or start piece by piece getting exhast stuff. Just so people know I put up my mod money for us to get the stickers and Im not making anything on it all the proffit goes to the site. (I know you know this Ghost)

Do the Flowmaster 80/glasspack combo. You've already heard Mark's, not to mention mine. :welcomeFP:

Off the top of my head, here's a rough idea on price:

Flowmaster 80 muffler: $90

Cherry Bomb glasspack (2.25" inlet & outlet, 18" in length) : $25

Stainless steel exhaust tips: $20-$40 a pair, depending on style.

thanks

so ill have to replace all the piping too? I dont want mine to be too loud but just have a nice tone. Not saying your is too loud its just not my style. What will the Cherry Bomb glasspack do/accomplish?

Also if you want me to go do this go buy a sticker! :welcomeFP::rofl:

The stock pipe size on LX9 and LZ4 motors, is 2.25". I'd keep the size.

The glasspack will mellow out rasp, and add a deeper tone and rumble. The Flowmaster 80 is actually one of the more quiet of the Flowmasters. You'll have minimal interior drone. On my trip to MA, it was very liveable, and doesn't drown out your music either. :welcomeFP:

OK thanks

BTW you owe me $10 bucks for your new siggy dont forget. :welcomeFP:

I think his suggestion would be best for you Joe. My guess is you wouldn't care for the GTR. It is kinda loud around 2200-3000 RPM, so you hear it a lot when driving around town. It isn't loud on the highway though. I think the 80 series will be great for you :welcomeFP:

:rofl: Jim & woody over on g6p have the GTR and I have heard there cars in person and its too loud for me. Im also going to need a new lower bumper cover for the 2nd cut out and thats another 80 bucks too. :P No matter what I do its still going to cost a lot for me. :welcomeFP: But I think when I get my money back from the stickers Im going to pick up the muffler and just hold on to it then save up for the bumper cover.

I think his suggestion would be best for you Joe. My guess is you wouldn't care for the GTR. It is kinda loud around 2200-3000 RPM, so you hear it a lot when driving around town. It isn't loud on the highway though. I think the 80 series will be great for you :welcomeFP:

I've heard clips of the GTR exhaust. Didn't impress me. My Flownaster 80/glasspack combo has gotten quite popular with the GA crowd, glad to see it catch on with the G6 guys. The FM 80/glasspack combo will sound good on any pushrod 60*V6 actually. :rofl:

BTW you owe me $10 bucks for your new siggy dont forget. :welcomeFP:

' date='Mar 17 2010, 09:12 AM' post='17520']

You still need to make my other banner, sir. :P

so thats not a NO to the 10 bucks? :rofl:

If you all want to give me money i'll take it but I dont think it would be right to charge you all. :P:rofl:

I was just yoking around Killiger2009. :welcomeFP:

I think the GTR sounds sweet on a 3.6. On mine it sounds pretty good. When I first put it on I was a little sceptic bc it had some raspyness and I didn't want to be called a ricer, but last night I was out taking pics of the car and I felt like beatin on her a bit and I think the muffler has settled in a bit and it sounds WAY better. No rasp at all.

Well, you got to remember that the LY6 motor is a DOHC 60*V6, so of course it'll sound different. IMO, I think the GTR exhaust caters to the LY6 motor better than the LX9, LZ4 and LZ9 motors.

I know its DOHC, I think DOHCs are easier to make sound good. And I agree with you. The GTR sounds the best on that engine, but still sounds good on a lz engine. I haven't heard it on the lx though.