Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

jedi3's Progression thread

:agreed: the GTR is one hell of a system and needs time for the muffler to where in. I beleive GTR even says it needs time for it to settle in to get rid of the raspyness. Just not what im looking for or have $800.00 for it either.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The LX9, LZ4 and LZ9 will all pretty much sound the same. The VVT doesn't affect the exhaust note, since they're all still pushrod motors.

Plus, the price of a GTR exhaust? Excuse me as I lol.

I paid about $350 for the exhaust parts, (Flowmaster, glasspack, exhaust tips) AND labor. Oho.

Yeah, it is way to pricy. I would have never have bought one if it hadn't have been used. I payed around six after the valence, which was 110. And it only had a couple thousand miles.

Jedi I think Chris's setup will be a great, and affordable option. :D:bacon:

• 1 year later...

Replaced my two front rotors and pads AGAIN!

Factory rotors warped, replaced with new factory ones and now again thoses were warped bad. So technically im on my 3rd set of front rotors. :willy_nilly: come on gm make better rotors its been an issue for years. But from what im told all new cars have that issue not just GM. still it dont make feel any better about it thou. This time I did not buy the GM ones I got a set at the parts store with a two year guarantee for warping. $116.00 for two rotors and pads then paid one of the techs $40.00 to install them. I think it was a good deal. lets see how these hold up this time.

Yea well im poor and saving up for something :willy_nilly:

Jim are you still on the set that came on the car or have you replaced them once allready? Im on my second time replacing the rotors.

Jean-Seb thanks :cheers:

Chris I just dont have the money right now and I would want to do all for at once if I did it. ;)

If money is an issue...

Rotors Online

Excellent source for quality rotors, I'm talking $85-$105 for a pair, same price you paid. They're a sponsor on GAGT.com.

An excellent set of pads to use (and not make noise due to the D/S surface) EBC Green Stuff brake pads. Lots of sites sell them, usually range from $45-$58 for a set.

The GA had issues with OEM rotors warping as well, you should have brought this up, Joe. I could have easily sourced you a great upgrade for the same price.

I know how you feel Joe, I need new rotors :cheers:

Take advantage of the info and link I posted for Joe!

Thanks Chris but I just needed to get it done asap. maybe next time lol

• Founders

Joe - I'm on my stockers, oddly enough they haven't been bad enough to where I've needed to replace them till a little while ago. It's on the list of things I need to do lol.

Chris - Yup from the second you started naming stuff I was gonna look to buy mine from them lol.

Keep this in mind, Jimmy:

D/S rotors CANNOT be cut. Also, do NOT use ceramic pads. Use a high quality semi-metallic (like the EBC green stuff, or Hawk street & strip pads, which are designed for use with D/S rotors)

' date='Mar 22 2011, 06:52 AM' post='51165']

I have a huge source of parts bookmarked.

well getta moving dood. bring them here!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok some of you know and some dont so for the ones that dont. lol

I hit 60k last weekend and I paid off my car 3 1/2 months early. So a :angry: and a :woot: all in one.

Also another new mod yesterday. :lol:

I hope these are better than the Michelin ones I had before. These suckers are kinda pricey so they better work and hold up better than the Michelins. They sucked form day one and dident last very long either but they get used alot in NE.

$47 bucks and some change! :blink::angry:

post-2-1302104144_thumb.jpg

24" & 21" :blink: ..............thats what she said! :lol:

post-2-1302104249_thumb.jpg

You'll be happy with those. They come with the funky clip you need to attach them (be proud, one of the few domestic cars to share wiper blade clips with German cars. :blink: ) I had a set of Lattitudes for almost three years, before the passenger side streaked and couldn't be cleaned anymore. Granted, I switched back to a conventional blade (Bosch and Michelin suck).

• Founders

Have the Latitudes and meh, they were awesome when I put them on but now they're just so so. My biggest peeve with these is once you're above 60mph they don't stick as well to your windscreen and you get jumps...

They do well in Rain dunno about snow...