Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2001 gtp special edition

in the grand prix which wire for the foglight is the power and what is ground i have purple and black wires. this is what my connection for the ballest looks like IMG_17621.jpg

yeah i got them used. for 80 bucks i got the hosuings cai and bulbs and ballist

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Looks just like mine. Mines an 01 GP GTP Special Edition. Had 64k on it when I bought it. I REALLY didn't like the rims. Oh and if/when the key gets stuck in the ignition: http://chrisb.users.superford.org/Grand_Pr...k_Solenoid.html.

Twins:

GTP.jpg

Looks just like mine. Mines an 01 GP GTP Special Edition. Had 64k on it when I bought it. I REALLY didn't like the rims. Oh and if/when the key gets stuck in the ignition: http://chrisb.users.superford.org/Grand_Pr...k_Solenoid.html.

Twins:

GTP.jpg

How many of are cars were made? And I just got mine with 105k miles it. But these foglights are a pain to get out.

How many of are cars were made? And I just got mine with 105k miles it. But these foglights are a pain to get out.

Funny thing is I wanted to know that too, so I looked around and found this: (goes to copy paste site). NOOOOO!!! I had this site that you typed in your vin and it breaks it down for you, telling you production numbers. According to that site, my car is 1 of 1, meaning no other cars has the exact option list as mine. I could be lacking options that you have, and vice versa. I've seen other Special Editions, one around here is a sedan like ours, but white. I want to get ahold of the guy and do a black and white photoshoot. And as far as the rims go, I took them of and got 18s. Took out that park-lock solenoid, and that's it, stock.

Funny thing is I wanted to know that too, so I looked around and found this: (goes to copy paste site). NOOOOO!!! I had this site that you typed in your vin and it breaks it down for you, telling you production numbers. According to that site, my car is 1 of 1, meaning no other cars has the exact option list as mine. I could be lacking options that you have, and vice versa. I've seen other Special Editions, one around here is a sedan like ours, but white. I want to get ahold of the guy and do a black and white photoshoot. And as far as the rims go, I took them of and got 18s. Took out that park-lock solenoid, and that's it, stock.

what options are u missing i have every one of them. and whats that site that breaks down ur vin?

what options are u missing i have every one of them. and whats that site that breaks down ur vin?

Not quite sure which ones I'm missing, I know I don't have a passenger side heated seat. And the site was www.compnine.com but when I went to the site to copy the url it said that the site has been shut down. There's gotta be more sites that break down the vin.

Not quite sure which ones I'm missing, I know I don't have a passenger side heated seat. And the site was www.compnine.com but when I went to the site to copy the url it said that the site has been shut down. There's gotta be more sites that break down the vin.

i dont thing passenger headed seat was a option i think they didnt put one on for weight savings

Then I'm not sure what the differences in our cars is. I'm surprised neither this site or the other Pontiac forum I'm a part of has a thread that either links to a VIN decoder or decodes the VIN within the thread itself.

• Founders

Then I'm not sure what the differences in our cars is. I'm surprised neither this site or the other Pontiac forum I'm a part of has a thread that either links to a VIN decoder or decodes the VIN within the thread itself.

Why VIN decoders are hard to come by is that a VIN really has only a few things in the actual number to decode like the manufacturer, year made, color and maybe an option package so display this on a forum statically would be pages upon pages. Where you get a LOT of the information is the manufacturer's database, this holds all the options and all the other information about the car. The only way to get a hold of this database is to have some agreement with the manufacturer or by other means :lol:

A VIN is really like your member number on the forums here it tells you what member you are and not much else BUT if use that number to look up your profile you know all the information that the member entered into their profile. Same concept :lol:

' date='Oct 29 2011, 11:09 PM' post='61032']

Rice.

Do a real retrofit, with REAL HID projectors if you want to go that route.

my housings are toast so i need a quick fix plus i love halos . and what do u mean REAL hid projectors ?

I dont like the ones you posted. sorry

black for a black car :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-03-GRAND-PRIX-D...ies&vxp=mtr

HL-PGPrix9703-HaloPro-BK-003.jpg

^^^^ these would look real clean on a black car.

these are not too bad either (smoked or flat black)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-03-GRAND-PRIX-2...ies&vxp=mtr

pro-yd-pgp97-1pc-ccfl-bk__1.jpg

I dont like the ones you posted. sorry

black for a black car :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-03-GRAND-PRIX-D...ies&vxp=mtr

HL-PGPrix9703-HaloPro-BK-003.jpg

^^^^ these would look real clean on a black car.

i love them but the shipping is too expensive and puts them out of my price range .