Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

432HP AWD swapped 8th gen Galant

Very impressive Galant, a lot of performance work has gone into this.

proshoot8.jpg

proshoot10.jpg

proshoot4.jpg

proshoot3.jpg

proshoot14.jpg

Rear diff and suspension setup:

HPIM1414.jpg

f9ade30c.jpg

49215828.jpg

His build thread for the AWD setup:

http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=47689

HPIM1409.jpg

HPIM1411.jpg

HPIM1412.jpg

Dyno Sheet:

VP2Js.jpg

4G64 block, Evo DOHC head swapped, Works wheels, Brembo calipers front and rear, lots of mods. Full list of mods here:

http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garage_vehi...hicle&id=91

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I saw this beast in person today at MOD (Mitsubishi Owners Day) in Camden NJ, pictures do this car no justice. Everything is just so clean, and done right. This is one of only two USDM Galants to successfully be converted to AWD and work.

Maybe it's just the whole domestic bias with the regs here (no bad mouthing) but I just love the way the 8th gen Galants look, and over ten years later, they're still very popular and not dated looking.

A Galant like this really makes me want to buy the local blue 8G in my neighborhood, the potential these cars have, the aftermarket, etc...I see more of a enjoyable car to mod in the Galant than my GAGT.

Meh and yes im bias and proud of it! :D At lease if your going to be a foreign car lover now could you at least love one better than MitsuBullShitse. Try Ferrari, Lambo or Bugatti then maybe we will get interested.

Chris you know I love ya but boy over the last year you have gone from American car guy to a foreign lover. You really have lost your way bud. To each his own I guess but you have to realize were a bunch of pro american car people on this site. So your not going to get much of any love with this stuff here. (or at least from me)

Love Jedi3 ;)

' date='Oct 9 2011, 02:58 AM' post='60108']

Maybe it's just the whole domestic bias with the regs here (no bad mouthing)

i don't know about domestic bias but there aren't many imports that appeal to me and as of the last few years there are very few if any domestics that appeal to me too.

the only imports i have taken a shine to the last 4 or so years are subaru's.

it's a nice buld with the car you posted but it just doesn't visually appeal to me. never really was a fan of toyota,nissan or mitsubishi. not hating on them but nothing visually appeals to me.

Meh and yes im bias and proud of it! :D At lease if your going to be a foreign car lover now could you at least love one better than MitsuBullShitse. Try Ferrari, Lambo or Bugatti then maybe we will get interested.

Chris you know I love ya but boy over the last year you have gone from American car guy to a foreign lover. You really have lost your way bud. To each his own I guess but you have to realize were a bunch of pro american car people on this site. So your not going to get much of any love with this stuff here. (or at least from me)

Love Jedi3 ;)

Haha, to be honest, I've never been headoverheels loyal to Pontiac. I do like GM, and I still do like Pontiac. I'm more open to any car type that I'm exposed to. Any car is as good as the owner maintains it, and every car has it's fair share of quirks. No car is perfect.

I think it's become more obvious with my liking of the Galant, mainly due to the fact that I'm bored to death with the GAGT. Add the fact, that the possibilities with these Galants is just way higher (again, no offense) in both exterior bits, and performance (just look at this Galant, half of the engine was rebuilt with Evo parts).

I wasn't expecting everyone to worship the ground this car drives on, but I've seen the car on the forums, met the owner a few times (he's a local on Long Island) but seeing the car in person...damn.

The Bias goes both ways though, I've shown my GAGT on TGC (The Galant Center) and while I do get a lot of surprised members that really like it, you still have the import fans that just see a bland, style-less GM rental car, the same way you guys see this Galant as dull and boring. When the fact of the matter is, the GA/G6 and Galant are not so different at all, both perceived as ordinary grocery getters, yet both sides love their dull cars and modify them anyway.

Bottomline, I'm just trying to expose you guys to new and different things.

' date='Oct 9 2011, 12:51 PM' post='60117']

I'm just trying to expose you guys to new and different things.

No thank you :D

love Jedi3 ;)

I really have no loyalty to anyone. I drive all sorts of cars everyday, they all have there own merits. The four cars I have are completely different beasts. I love the styling on all of them.

i cant imagine the man hours in that thing...

After seeing it in person...you can tell the owner (Brian) certainly put a ton or work into this, and it's just done right in every aspect, and so clean.

This is how you do a performance build. Period.

• 2 weeks later...

New dyno vids with his AWD setup:

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/EvoIn...80101095357.mp4

On C16 race gas, and 25psi: 440WHP

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/EvoIn...80101110618.mp4

On pump gas (93) and 19psi, it still laid down a respectable 362WHP.

Done on an AWD Mainline dyno, similar in HP numbers like that of a Mustang dyno.