Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Twenty's Twenty-twelve

Twenty

Some more tidbits for today, I picked up a Broadway mirror at last, and found a set of yellow bulbs for the fog lights at the same store so I grabbed them as well.

These are just a couple of things that the Grand Prix has, which I missed when in the Focus.

P1170720.jpg

Obviously the 'installs' aren't very complex or interesting, so here are just a few pictures to show them in place.

P1170734.jpg

P1170735.jpg

P1170739.jpg

A few more odds and ends and it'll be done as far as the initial touches are concerned.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

' date='Nov 5 2011, 09:11 PM' post='61468']

Where did you get the yellow overlays, and yellow bulbs from? I wanna pick these up for the Galant.

Both were bought locally.

The vinyl tint (Bought last summer) came from Perfect Dark: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Perfect-Dark/107492985955191

The mirror and bulbs came from Megazone, a little out-of-the-way accessory place that a shop in town told me about: http://www.yeedon.com/carmirror.htm

• Founders

Thing I hate about wheels are they can look good to me online when not on a car, look good in an illustration then when finally put on the car I don't like them :lol: so my input here really is rendered null because I do like these but am questionable.

Thing I hate about wheels are they can look good to me online when not on a car, look good in an illustration then when finally put on the car I don't like them :lol: so my input here really is rendered null because I do like these but am questionable.

The opposite can be true as well. A car may look shitty online but IRL it can look good. Its hard to tell.

Messin' around, getting ideas.

OZSuperturismoLM-1.png

So much win.

yea 335 each f that

They're legitamite, quality wheels. Not cheap Chinese made knock offs, nothing crazy about that price new...

Bill, give me the specs on the Focus' wheels. I know a certain wheel whore that can find you a set of those OZ wheels for an insane deal. You just pay him a $20 finder's fee if you land a deal he finds you.

Thing I hate about wheels are they can look good to me online when not on a car, look good in an illustration then when finally put on the car I don't like them :drool: so my input here really is rendered null because I do like these but am questionable.

The opposite can be true as well. A car may look shitty online but IRL it can look good. Its hard to tell.

Then there is Mitsubishi Galants shitty in real life and online! :lol:

sorry had to. :(

I have to figure out the specs on the Focus' wheels first. :lol:...I don't know. What do you want, bolt pattern and width/offset I assume?

$335 each is doable, I know people that will spend $1000 EACH on a set of wheels for their car.

Though, I am trying to slow down the spending for now, the Focus is nearing the end of the budget for the initial parts/tweaks, and the GP still needs work.

I have to figure out the specs on the Focus' wheels first. :lol:...I don't know. What do you want, bolt pattern and width/offset I assume?

$335 each is doable, I know people that will spend $1000 EACH on a set of wheels for their car.

Though, I am trying to slow down the spending for now, the Focus is nearing the end of the budget for the initial parts/tweaks, and the GP still needs work.

Yeah, I got the bolt pattern, but what offset you want?

Also, suggest me a small list of wheels you want, sizes, and budget.

Shoot, I haven't even begun to figure out widths and offsets. I'll have to do some figuring out at some point soon.

I don't even know which wheels to consider right now either, some of the OEM Focus wheels are on my list, and that's kind of it so far. :lol:

Wheel-wise, I did order some OEM locking lug nuts today at work, so that counts as an update, right?

Doing some googling...

Bolt Pattern: 5x108

Offset: +55

17" wheel I'd recommend a 235/45 R17 tire

18" wheel I'd recommend a 235/40 R18 tire

Me thinks a +40 to +35 offset would be great and not rub. My g/f's Galant has a stock offset of +55, and I've had my ROH's on there with a 235/45 R17 tire, and they have an offset of +38, no rubbing whatsoever.

I'm sending a message to the guy, hopefully by tomorrow he'll have a nice wheel list for you to choose from.

Working for Ford I may be a tad biased, but I have been really impressed with their products as well. Especially in the Focus' case, to do a complete restart for us by bringing over the Euro model, was a brilliant move. I'm really interested in seeing the new Escapes when they come out soon.

OEM locking lug nuts:

Here's today's very minor update. Driving a bright yellow car means getting attention, and being brand new it may draw other kinds of attention as well. I decided to invest in a set of locking lug nuts for the Fofo, yet another item that my GP has that I wanted the Focus to have as well. $40 for some extra security and peace of mind.

P1170777.jpg

Obviously this is a very self-explanatory and simple set, but my camera found its way into things so I snapped some pics. Maybe I just like shiny things.

Inside the package are the four lug nuts and the appropriate key. One nice feature I noticed is that the key has little 'grips' (Note the notched rings) for tightening and loosening the nuts by hand. My GP's key doesn't have these, but for such a small thing they're really nice. Details count.

P1170779.jpg

A comparison of the new nut and the stock piece it replaces. They are longer and stick out a little further than the rest.

P1170781.jpg

Each is torqued to 100 ft-lbs and it's done.

P1170785.jpg

I think that about covers it for factory accessories now, the Focus has what I wanted it to.

Just a heads up, you're not supposed to actually torque down the keyed lugs that much. The teeth in the key itself aren't meant to be used with an impact gun, or torque wrench, and are prone to rounding off, or worse yet...the teeth breaking off inside the keyed lug itself.

Huh. There's no notes in the owner's manual about torquing the locking nuts. The GP's have always been torqued the same as the rest, though the key is a different design.

Thanks for the heads-up.