Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Twenty's Twenty-twelve

Twenty

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

:wub: Don't let the GP lose your attention :lol:

Focus doesn't look half bad though :(

Thanks! GP will still get his fair share of attention, but the Focus will now too.

' date='Oct 3 2011, 06:32 PM' post='59865']

Chrome delete!

I like the Focus's small touches. I need to get behind the wheel of one...

Figured you'd like it.

You really should. Avoid the autos though, go for the 5-speeds....or wait for the 6-speed ST that's coming.

DON'T FOCUS ON THE FOCUS

Ba-da-tsh. :lol:

Dont get the clear bra they look good at first but in 5 years they look like hell!!!!! I dont even like them when there new cuz they arent really clear and you can tell there on the car. When they get old they yellow, crack get water under them and trap dirt and rucst you car out!!!! I have alot of expreance with them and I hate them to death!!!!!! Do like Nancy Reagan says and JUST SAY NO!!!

I like the blacked out trim looks great! :wub:

Dont get the clear bra they look good at first but in 5 years they look like hell!!!!! I dont even like them when there new cuz they arent really clear and you can tell there on the car. When they get old they yellow, crack get water under them and trap dirt and rucst you car out!!!! I have alot of expreance with them and I hate them to death!!!!!! Do like Nancy Reagan says and JUST SAY NO!!!

My dealership has a guy on call that wraps new vehicles for us. I've seen his work and it's hard to tell that the material is there. I've also seen bras that have obviously been on for a few years and they still look okay.

Either way, it's kind of a lesser-of-two-evils scenario. I don't really want the brand new paint being chewed up and damaged by 6 months of rocks and salt right after buying the car.

Funny how short new cars sit stock, even we we say they're not going to get mods :lol:

Cool, interested to see how these look

This does work both ways, cars do sit shorter (lower) stock these days, and yes they do sit stock for a short time. :lol:

I knew I'd tinker on it, but I think the scope of the project will increase as time goes on. Speaking of which...

...parts!

P1170443-1.jpg

On Wednesday I ordered a couple of things and was told to expect them next week. While I was at work on Friday however, my co-worker from parts let me know that my order had come in early. Next week I'll get to throw these on the car:

OEM front mudflaps (Not really exciting, but needed)...

P1170445-1.jpg

...and of course, OEM black/chrome foglight bezels, found only on the top trim level, called Titanium.

P1170448.jpg

Slowly but surely the Focus is starting to progress.

*Photobucket is being annoying tonight, despite rotating the images they still show sideways. I've tried several times to fix it, I'm leaving it for now.

Looking good so far! Can't wait to see the stuff on there. :welcomeFP:

Thank you! Scroll down and you can, the bezels are in! :lol:

Last night I went ahead and installed the Titanium bezels. More or less a straight-forward affair; remove the undertray, remove fog lights, unclip old bezels, and reverse the process.

While the fog lights were out of the car though, I used it as an opportunity to redo the yellow tint since I had better access now.

P1170536.jpg

Back to the bezels, here are the two kinds side by side. On the left is the chrome S/SE/SEL bezel, and next to it the black/chrome Ti bezel. As part of the Sport package on my particular Focus, the front grill is Piano black, which goes well with the black of the Ti bezel.

P1170528.jpg

Installed:

P1170540.jpg

P1170538.jpg

P1170544.jpg

Still wanting to change more though, I used more of the leftover vinyl to lightly darken the rear bumper's reflectors. It's the same tint used on the Grand Prix's tail lights.

P1170553.jpg

Next will be the front mudflaps when I get a chance to throw them on. I also have my eye on a couple more OEM accessories that will hopefully come in due time.

Not a fan of the yellow tint but it works on the color of the car. :welcomeFP: I like the new fog bezels cleaner looking for sure a small touch but thats what its all about with my car. Alto of small thing add up to alot of win so good job in my book. I kinda think black headlight bezels would look great on that frontend.

Thanks guys! I love doing the little things that only certain people notice. OEM+ is my favourite way to go.

' date='Oct 11 2011, 06:52 PM' post='60197']

I'd crack open the headlights and paint the inner bezels black.

No need good sir, OEM Titanium headlights are blackhoused from the factory. :lol:

YBTi.jpg

Lookin' at about $400 for a set from Ford, brand new. I'll either save for them for a later date, or keep an eye out for any used lights that pop up.

I thought I had this great idea to do a full Ti light swap, but upon registering on a Focus forum, I see most people do it to lower models anyway. :welcomeFP:

Still too much chrome on thouse lights IMO any aftermarket ones out there yet?

Debadge! It doesn't effect the warranty at all.

There it is! :welcomeFP:

I'm a diehard GM but for a Ford it looks great :lol:

The new fogs look great, still not a yellow kinda guy though, but that's just me.

Something needs to be done to the rear of the car. I just don't know what.

^^^ black tails. ;)

Im a diehard GM guy but Ford is better than the other F word. ;) (Foreign) :lol: