Forums Gone... but not forgotten!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Pontiac of the Month

gscherer78ta's 1978 Trans Am

2019 February
of the Month

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

We are a community of Pontiac enthusiasts. The purpose of our community is to keep alive the Pontiac spirit by sharing (or showing off) our cars, discussing Pontiac, helping each other work on our cars and find information, plus attend various meets/shows/etc... To aid discussion, sharing, event planning and selling of parts/cars/anything, we have various parts of the website to aid this from Forums to an online Garage to Classifieds to even a Document Download Repository. You can find links to these in our navigation above based on what each section helps with (discussion, local events, learning, etc...).

We invite you to contribute, find help or just view some of our member's amazing cars! Don't forget, we also have great contests from time to time (like our Pontiac of the Month and yearly calendar contest) and our Pontiac This OR That, a fun game where you choose the best of two randomly selected Pontiacs from our online garage.

We look forward to seeing you around!

Sign in to follow this  
[ChaosweaveR]

Car hunting!

Hey guys, need your help car hunting...my dad is still searching for a good deal on a car. The 08 Chrysler Aspen Limited he found the other day got sold before he could test drive it today. He's been pretty bummed trying to find a car. I'm looking, but I KNOW some of you can find a good deal.

No more than $23,000

Only +04 models and up

Mid-size to full-size sedans

Mid-size to full size SUVs

MUST have leather and other luxury features (power everything)

UNDER 55,000 miles, the lower the better

Post the links you find for future use!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Give us some zip codes so we know where to check. :willy_nilly:

Oh yeah, that would help. :willy_nilly:

11727. Anything in CT, don't bother.

I think we have a winner!

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?t...mp;aff=national

Just because I know you love the new Camaro so much Chris :willy_nilly:

I think we have a winner!

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?t...mp;aff=national

Just because I know you love the new Camaro so much Chris :D

Umm... It says it's an LT with the V6, yet the badging says it's an RS.

Umm... It says it's an LT with the V6, yet the badging says it's an RS.

You can have the RS package with the LT, I think?? I dunno, I haven't really cared to look to be honest because I know I'm getting an SS

its an RS dealerships are retarded and stupid the RS is a V6 with the ss look its the same like it has been since the beginning of the camaro....except in the begiinning they had V8s

No Camaro. :D

I would like to help but..... the more I think about it the more I think you just wont like anything I sugest Chris.

Large suv:

Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia & Saturn Outlook

(V6, drives great, great value & good looking)

small/med suv:

last gen Saturn VUE

(great looking, can steal them right now, auzzy platform & well built)

New gen Chevy Equinox

(on the used market you can still get one still in warentty, great new platform)

New gen Jeep Cherokee

(the only thing Chry makes thats good and still popular and they havent F up)

Mid/fullsize cars:

Chevy Boo

(great platform :D )

Ford Taurus

(I must say im impressed with this car, looks great inside and out, good on gas and peppy as hell)

Caddy CTS, DTS ect.

(its a F'ing caddy lol)

But I know what I like and trust is so diff than you.........

I never got to update you guys on what car my pops settled on.

310161_1979639742704_1594493783_1675980_1250532583_n.jpg

2008 Cadillac DTS, bought for $19K, and 40K on the clock.

Tons more bells and whistles than the 01 DeVille. True bi-xenon HIDs, LEDs all out back, even for the backup lights, LED lights on the inside, car is trick.

MY only issue...it's the same chassis the 01 DeVille is based off of. Granted, superior brakes, suspension bits, steering system...but still that Northstar in FWD format under the hood. A Blown headgasket sealed the 01 DeVille's fate, at 146K. I hope they don't keep this one long enough for shit to go horribly wrong like the 01 did.

You know what they say about the Northstar V8s..... they aint running right if there not leaking oil. lol Great motor but they do like to leak a bit.

You know what they say about the Northstar V8s..... they aint running right if there not leaking oil. lol Great motor but they do like to leak a bit.

Oil? :lol: The 01 liked to shit out coolant parts and leak coolant. :lol:

HOPEFULLY, GM actually designed this newer Northstar to be more well behaved in older age. We all know GM has that nasty tendancy to dive in the surplus bin to save engine development costs...

Yea that too...

The thing just likes to leak but still a great motor it you can keep it from leaking. If I remember right it takes a crazy anount of oil too. 7.5 or 8 quarts of oil. that a lot of oil for a motor of its size. lol

Yeah, I mean it's only 4.6 litres...hell, the 5.3 and 6.0 don't take as much.

IIRC, with the new DTS's...I believe it's 8.5 qts now.

Yea the 5.3, 6.0 & 6.2s only take 6 quarts.

Yea the 5.3, 6.0 & 6.2s only take 6 quarts.

Damn, I've lost track how many Tahoes, Silverados, Yukons, Sierras and Suburbans I've worked on with those engines. :lol:

Does Caddy make most of their models that color cause I swear that's the most common Caddy color :lol:

Looks great though! How does your pops like it?

I poke fun at him for having the most boring color on the planet. :lol:

He loves it, cushy ride, extremely quiet, he loves the heated and cooled seats and steering wheel, the projectors he took awhile getting used to, the cutoff they have was unusual for him to adjust to. But he now knows why I loved my HIDs. :lol:

' date='Oct 20 2011, 01:02 PM' post='60588']

I poke fun at him for having the most boring color on the planet. :lol:

He loves it, cushy ride, extremely quiet, he loves the heated and cooled seats and steering wheel, the projectors he took awhile getting used to, the cutoff they have was unusual for him to adjust to. But he now knows why I loved my HIDs. :lol:

:lol: good!

Nice, good he likes it. I would die for the cooled seats, been wanting those in my car since I bought the 6 :lol: I hate those seat cover ones otherwise I would use those, I just think factory installed ones in the seat look cleaner too.

I think Caddy and Buick call that color "old man sand beige" :lol:

NICE! I am pretty sure I suggested the DTS on FB. I can't remember though, since I don't have a FB anymore...