Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Penelope the g6

Whats up guys.. im from g6performance, and g6ownersclub.. i was told about you guys from JEDI3 and told me to check this site out as well so here i am...

ive got a 2005 pontiac g6 gt. bought used with 23K on it. I'm rolling up on my 1st year this Nov. She's got 34k on it now. her name is penelope.. P for pontiac.. and possible because of Penelope Cruze how is just beautiful... im 20 years old and engaged..

Here she is bone stock and still on the lot

3.jpg

first night home

5.jpg

1st mod was taillight tint with VHT

6.jpg

2nd mod was window tint

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

got the calipers painted

2.jpg

painted the grilles silver, black wasnt cutting it

0629012012.jpg

freshley washed and detailed

1.jpg

painted engine and battery cover

0629011116.jpg

painted engine and battery cover

0629011116.jpg

Cold air intake, by crabs

crabbyintake.jpg

intake resonator delete... in several pieces lol.

deletedintakeresonator.jpg

got some new grilles

grilles.jpg

first 1 installed

39.jpg

both installed

40.jpg

lowers also installed

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

i had overlays on the darts but they werent holding up well soooo i took the darts off all together

45.jpg

46.jpg

darts painted all black

48.jpg

dechromed the grill trim

47.jpg

then redid the lower grilles

52.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome. :willy_nilly:

Nice G6 you have there. Are you planning to install any subs? I have a fiberglass box that a good friend of mine made for my old G6 and it's all carpeted and everything. It's built for 2 10s.

mods are being put on hold for a little bit but heres the latest shots ive gotten of her

penelope.jpg

1-1.jpg

p><p><!--ImageUrlBegin--><a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc498/penelopetheg6/3-1.jpg' alt='3-1.jpg'>

4-1.jpg

looks great.

thank you!

' date='Sep 13 2011, 07:26 PM' post='59356']

Not bad. Welcome to the site!

Needs more low, debadge and wheels.

Oh, if you want an exhaust, I'll hook you up.

eibach springs are in the making soon. it is debadged, and wheels will be on her next summer

Welcome. :willy_nilly:

Nice G6 you have there. Are you planning to install any subs? I have a fiberglass box that a good friend of mine made for my old G6 and it's all carpeted and everything. It's built for 2 10s.

thank you! and i prolly wont mess with subs not big on audio honestly but thanks for the offer

Looks pretty good! Rims gotta be next for your appearance, that would really set your car apart from the rest. Love the dechroming cause i hate it lol

yea definitely! just not in the budget right now lol but will be taken care of soon i hope.

• Founders

:willy_nilly:

Good lookin 6. I'm not a fan of those grilles on the lower but on silver 6ers they look better than others.

You say your engaged, at 20!! :o Congrats! ...but damn I'm 22 and still can't imagine being married yet :picard:

i was told about you guys from JEDI3 and told me to check this site out as well

:willy_nilly::picard::o

welcometothetribe-1.gif great looking 6!

bah another debadge and painted arrowheads, does not compute. Anyways, looks great! Love the color of the engine cover and batt cover. I would have personally painted it Pontiac blue. Looks too Chevy.

New rims are definitely a must, get chrome, it will go with the silver of the car and chrome grills.

Welcome to the site!

:welcomeFP:

Good lookin 6. I'm not a fan of those grilles on the lower but on silver 6ers they look better than others.

You say your engaged, at 20!! :o Congrats! ...but damn I'm 22 and still can't imagine being married yet :lol:

thanks man. i know its either you love them or you hate them lol no really in between. i got a good deal from a fellow modder on g6o. and yea it was shocking for me as well but its going well, and date is set for next august.

' date='Sep 13 2011, 08:21 PM' post='59365']

Look for wheels secondhand. Also, stick with legit brands.

wheels are on the list of things to do, just not on the budget list right now. next summer should bring good things. going to run some 19's for summer i think

:willy_nilly::picard::o

welcometothetribe-1.gif great looking 6!

thanks for referring me, seems to be a little friendlier here so far

BOO!!!

i mean...PUPPY!!

:blink: wait...nice! :D grilles look better with the black surround accent color.

i got him for my girl but hes takin a liking to me sense ive been laid off.. so he ends up in most of the pics cuz hes up my ass 24/7 ha

and thanks, i thouht it looked a lot better this way to sense i blacked out the trim and what not. going to go with the least amount of chrome as possible. i like the chrome lips on the black rims so that'd will prolly be the only chrome on the car when im finished

bah another debadge and painted arrowheads, does not compute. Anyways, looks great! Love the color of the engine cover and batt cover. I would have personally painted it Pontiac blue. Looks too Chevy.

New rims are definitely a must, get chrome, it will go with the silver of the car and chrome grills.

Welcome to the site!

i just went with red sense its what the theme of the car has been. with the cluster gage inside being red and what not. didnt want a bunch of colors all over the car

i got a text from a good friend while fishing this weekend that he's got a good connection that owes him so LED's for some work he did for his buddy. he told me if i wanted some leds for under the dash and seats he'd be able to get them for free, so hopefully this weekend ill have some interior leds!

19"s? I wouldn't...odd size, tires tend to be pricey, even with off brand ones that won't have as good of grip as say, a Continental, General or Michelin tire.

Stick with 18"s, you'll still have a meaty sidewall (245/45 R18 is your best bet upgrading from 225/50 R17 you currently have) better tire selections, and much better wheels to choose from.

Also, take note of the wheel's dimentions. No sense buying a rim heavier than OEM, or not any wider than OEM. And the offset! Fill out that wheel well.

Penelope looks great so far! I like the silver grilles, however I love the honeycomb shape of traditional Pontiac grilles so they're not my most favorite. I do like everything else you've done so far. Keep up the good work, and welcome to Forever Pontiac!

' date='Sep 14 2011, 12:28 AM' post='59378'] 19"s? I wouldn't...odd size, tires tend to be pricey

I can vouch for this. You know how hard/expensive it is to get 14" BFGoodrich Radial T/As? I do...

' date='Sep 14 2011, 12:28 AM' post='59378']

19"s? I wouldn't...odd size, tires tend to be pricey, even with off brand ones that won't have as good of grip as say, a Continental, General or Michelin tire.

Stick with 18"s, you'll still have a meaty sidewall (245/45 R18 is your best bet upgrading from 225/50 R17 you currently have) better tire selections, and much better wheels to choose from.

Also, take note of the wheel's dimentions. No sense buying a rim heavier than OEM, or not any wider than OEM. And the offset! Fill out that wheel well.

ill keep all that in mind... i know what offset is on a wheel but how does this fill out the wheel well? or is it just looks. i was considering going a little wider wheel that so i could run the 245 tires anyways but not much.

Penelope looks great so far! I like the silver grilles, however I love the honeycomb shape of traditional Pontiac grilles so they're not my most favorite. I do like everything else you've done so far. Keep up the good work, and welcome to Forever Pontiac!

i did like the honeycombs a lot also but i didnt think it'd look right to swap 1 and not the other . i appreciate the compliments!

I can vouch for this. You know how hard/expensive it is to get 14" BFGoodrich Radial T/As? I do...

cant say i do but ill take your word for it

I vote 18s and Continental DWS Extremes.

ive never had anything but the goodyear eagle gt's and i loved them. they did awesome this winter to so i will prolly stick with them

thanks for all the input and info people i appreciate it

ive never had anything but the goodyear eagle gt's and i loved them. they did awesome this winter to so i will prolly stick with them

Those are really good tires. Once I get new wheels for my Benz, I'm getting those tires as well.

thanks for referring me, seems to be a little friendlier here sofar

Thats one thing we really have worked hard on here, this is a drama free zone here.

thanks and your welcome. :D

The offset is how far the wheel will poke out from the hub. The lower the number, the more aggressive it'll sit (further out)

I dunno the stock specs on a G6, but using an aggressive offset makes wheels look 100x better than sunk inwards.

' date='Sep 14 2011, 07:44 PM' post='59417']

The offset is how far the wheel will poke out from the hub. The lower the number, the more aggressive it'll sit (further out)

I dunno the stock specs on a G6, but using an aggressive offset makes wheels look 100x better than sunk inwards.

do you have something for me to look at? i personally liked the deep dish wheels

do you have something for me to look at? i personally liked the deep dish wheels

I'll look for some wheels, I have my sources.

You like deep dish, anything else? Number of spokes, color, etc...

Here's a few I found...

enkei_ekm3_gm_2.jpg

enkei_PF01_sg_2.jpg

Enkei_PF01_Black_2.jpg