Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

in case you guys know someone with a 09 Vibe

i got the vibe bcuz it was a lil cheaper than the matrix and also i had $1000 GM rewards to put down on one. it has been the best longest lasting, beat taking car that i have had. min e is an 06 with close to 85,000 miles on it and boy is it still running strong. i do agree and wish it still had the 2.2 ecotec but the lil 1zz-fe has takin a damn beaten on my behalf.

OH EM GEE ON THE TRD CAVALIER!!!!!!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

' date='Jan 27 2010, 07:59 PM' post='6159']

TRD made quite a bit of parts for the exterior, and some go fast bits for the LD9's in them.

Dunno if the L61 made it's way over there too.

It's still TOYOTA though, only Toyota I would ever own would be a Supra....

Heard on the radio it was a North American company that supplied the part. It was produced in Canada.

Damn Canadians

Video: Matt Lauer interviews Toyota Pres. Jim Lentz on Today Show

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/01/video-m...z-on-today-sho/

F'ing liar!!!!!!!!!! you have know for years!!!!!!!!!!

Toyota has a long history of not admitting to a need for a recall!!!!!!!

Video: Matt Lauer interviews Toyota Pres. Jim Lentz on Today Show

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/01/video-m...z-on-today-sho/

F'ing liar!!!!!!!!!! you have know for years!!!!!!!!!!

Toyota has a long history of not admitting to a need for a recall!!!!!!!

:D:woot:

' date='Feb 1 2010, 05:55 PM' post='7343']

You should see the ignorance on Toyota's FB page...

:agreed::agreed:

There have been a lot of reports that Toyota has falsified crash data for their SUV's for the 5 star crash ratings. But this guy from Toyota should be a politician. He tried to side step every question but Matt kept up the heat. I get the impression Matt is probably a Toy driver who is pissed off.

On the up side I know of some GM customers that have been sent out with other brand new cars to use until there is a repair that they are confindent in.

• 1 month later...

No problems yet with my '09 Vibe. I did get the recall done just because... I dunno. I don't really feel that their proposed solution (mechanical) was the right solution if it turns out the problems are more severe (electronic). But I'm not really following most of the news on this... after they first broke the story, it's all about hyping it up for the ratings. I love my car and I pay attention to what it's doing and I know how to disable it if there is a problem... so... whatever. What I'm more interested in is the power steering issues that the Corolla was being investigated for... since a Vibe is a Matrix is a 5-door Corolla. Haven't heard much about that lately.

The media isn't hyping anything up for ratings. Toyota simply dug themselves in this hole, now the walls are caving in on them. The drive by wire throttle is the main problem, which is a programming error, no matter what Toyota tries to hide it with. The power steering failure, it isn't too much to worry. Power steering is only really noticeable at speeds lower than 15mph, above that, you can't feel much of a difference.

power steering over 15 mph? lol try to drive a land rover with p/s it goes one way with out strong arming it and that's straight , lost mine at 145xxx miles and it was a pain, never again my friend if mine starts acting up i fix it (if i can if not sell sell sell) XD but the lr was a small tank too. hope the vibe it good to ya and u have no problems

' date='Mar 12 2010, 01:50 AM' post='16615']

The media isn't hyping anything up for ratings. Toyota simply dug themselves in this hole, now the walls are caving in on them. The drive by wire throttle is the main problem, which is a programming error, no matter what Toyota tries to hide it with. The power steering failure, it isn't too much to worry. Power steering is only really noticeable at speeds lower than 15mph, above that, you can't feel much of a difference.

The media always hypes things up for the ratings. I'm not a Toyota sympathizer any more than I'm a Toyota hater (I'm pretty neutral) I just have a general distaste for the media. I think it's mostly because, after the story initially broke, none of the stories are reporting anything new, it's just rehashing the same stuff day after day and it gets old. The only new information is on dedicated car blogs, nothing anywhere in the MSM. That's why I think this (and 90% of any other news you read/watch) is mostly just for hype. Now if there was some actual investigative journalism going on to try to get to the bottom of this, that would be cool and respectable.

But meh, my husband used to work in news and told me about what goes on even on a local level, so I take everything from the MSM with a grain of salt. :(

My car's made it from Atlanta to Chicago and back without any problems. Doesn't meant there couldn't be problems, or maybe my car is fine and other cars have problems. And I hope if the problem is more serious than they thought, that it gets revealed to the general public, and if it turns out it was being covered up I hope they get what they deserve.

So in summary... not freaking out about it, just keeping an eye on things.