Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Update On My Fire

Yeah I was chilling in my room playing Forza 4, and I could hear my folks upstairs (I live in the basement half of the house) talking about how we were under a severe thunderstorm warning and that it was canceled, so I figured I would be ok if I left my car outside.

Usually when I hear of a bad storm with a slight chance for hail I usually take over the garage and put my car in there, but seeing it was canceled I left it outside. A hour passes by (I had headphones on blaring music) and I could just barely hear my Dad saying, "Is that rain or hail?" So I threw my headset off and ran up the stairs only to see hail all over the place in between lightning flashes and car headlights. All I could do was look on in horror. It stopped a few moments after I got up, and I went outside and drove my car the half block to the gas station to check for dents or damage, and it seems to be ok. Thats twice this year my car has been caught in that evil stuff.

First time this year was April 4th. To make matters worse, it was 2 separate waves of hail, one right after the other:

1001718s.jpg

1001719i.jpg

1001720q.jpg

1001722v.jpg

Video:

BOO HAIL

My camera is terrible for catching noise, so excuse the breathing :huh:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

I live on a mountain in western Massachusetts. Is this bad?

Don't get me started on how the snow in Massachusetts sucks :willy_nilly: It's not really snow it's more slush and ice

I sure dont miss the white stuff, im glad to be in my shorts in sunny SC.

but im still a MassHole at heart. :willy_nilly:

Haha you guys are great! :willy_nilly:

Yesterday I had some fun:

Finally got around to unbolting my seats so I could clean up the mess under them all sorts of random debris from leaves to money under there (about 15 cents)... but here are pics:

100_4304.jpg

Seats removed, that wire and harness in the middle of where the drivers seat sits is such a pain in the butt, you have to unbolt the seat, move it backwards, then unclip it, it clips into a sensor under the seat, which deals with the seatbelt light (Thanks for the correction Jedi3!).

100_4305.jpg

Mostly cleaned.

100_4306.jpg

Will definitely have to steam clean the whole carpet next spring.

100_4308.jpg

Clean passenger seat.

100_4310.jpg

Driver seat back in.

100_4311.jpg

Both seats back in, took about a hour total, had issues with the passenger side seat being place back in, the rails are spring loaded, so one side was pushed back all the way, while the other rail was pushed forward, had to mess around with them and the seat to finally get them in the same spot.

Great job!

(drivers side) That wire tells the car if you have your seatbelt on. For the reminder light on the instrument cluster and the bell that goes off if you dont have it on.

If there is one (a harness) under the passenger seat that one is for the airbag. It tell the car that someone is sitting in the passenger seat. If knowone is in the seat the airbag wont go off. They started doing this to save the insurance companys money in new airbag replacments after a crash. The second reason is it has a minumum weight so an airbag wont go off if a babby seat is being used. So the airbag wont kill the child.

Look at me and my big brain! :)

now if I could use it to learn how to spell better. :lol:

Nothing new or exciting, going to wash the car in a bit, the hit and miss rain showers by me have been annoying and my car is filthy. Gotta make it look nice for the drive I have later today. :lol:

Which is why Sadie has a nice front bumper with out the holes for the bracket, I want to do it too.....but maybe after I get a new bumper :/

Which is why Sadie has a nice front bumper with out the holes for the bracket, I want to do it too.....but maybe after I get a new bumper :/

Talking about Sadie again, somethings def going on here. :P