Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

General Lee takes on Bandit T/A in classic Hollywood car showdown

Jedi3

who's your boy?   

9 members have voted

Please sign in/register to vote or see results of poll. Votes will be made public once the poll closes.

General Lee takes on Bandit T/A in classic Hollywood car showdown

general-lee-bandit.jpg

By Chris Shunk RSS feed

Posted Aug 26th 2011 12:31PM

You don't have to be born in the 1960s or 1970s to be able to recognize the General Lee from The Dukes of Hazzard and the Pontiac Trans Am from Smokey and the Bandit. These old school four-wheeled stars seem to transcend demographics thanks to the miles of film that show the orange 1969 Dodge Charger and the jet-black 1977 Pontiac Trans Am performing seemingly impossible stunts.

The folks at Hot Rod magazine are obviously hip to this fact, and they put together a fun video in tribute of the instantly recognizable duo. Hit the jump to watch on as Sam Young and James Smith replace Bo Duke and The Bandit for a bit of dirt-road shenanigans in a pair of otherwise well cared for classics. We're not so sure we'd call it the best chase scene ever, but it sure looks like a lot of fun.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kW7OBXsXck&feature=player_embedded

source: autoblog.com

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/26/general...od-car-showdow/

Autoblogs doing a poll so I thought we could too.

That was a pretty cool video.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I love the Bandit but I was so in love with the Dukes of Hazzard show when I was a kid. I just had to go with the General but still a hard call. I know this is a Pontiac site so I know the Bandit will win the poll lol.

I love the Bandit but I was so in love with the Dukes of Hazzard show when I was a kid. I just had to go with the General but still a hard call. I know this is a Pontiac site so I know the Bandit will win the poll lol.

Well we know who cast that 1 vote..... :lol: