Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

My new 01 GTP

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW please excuse the mess in my garage..... I've been super busy and haven't been able to clean or put stuff away

You should see mine :lol2:

Looks good man!

Cool! So the engine is ok running the stock LIM?

Yep its running fine. The blower is ported and has the H bar removed but they are fine to run on a stock LIM.

• 1 month later...

On June 11th I came outside to start my car and head to work.... My car started misfiring extremely bad. It ran fine Sunday night... Anyways I left my car sit in the garage and drove the truck to work. After work a friend and I checked the codes and came back with a PO 300 code (multiple random misfires) Checked all the ignition related stuff etc and all was good. Even replaced the ICM, and Coils for shits and giggles... No changes... Plugs were not fouled out,wires are fine etc (the wires and plugs have less than 500 miles on them)... Needless to say I got pissed off and left the car sit again. Wednesday I had my car towed to a local place which I've really gotten to trust with my vehicles.... I had them do a compression test and was going to scope the cylinders but their scope went down :( .... All but one of the cylinders had a reading of 160-180 ish and lone cylinder which is number 4 had 70-80..... I thought it was tuning related but its not.... My car is still sitting there at the shop because I'm overly frustrated and haven't had time to tow it back to my house....

With that said I'm going to need to tear into this motor a third time now and find out what the hell happened. After the problems are solved I'm going back stock as far as the pcm, blower etc are concerned and getting the car to run correctly , then it goes bye bye... 11 grand in the hole with this car and I'm done spending money on it.....

it very well could be. There has been absolutely zero knock anyplace or sounds of shit pinging in the motor.... I won't know for sure til I pull the rear head,,,, I'm leaving the other side alone since all is good there.

• 9 months later...

Well guys its been a long time.... A lot has changed. I was in a bad accident and totaled out my explorer in January this year. My son and I are both fine although I am still continuing chiropractic sessions once a week... So I was forced to bring my GTP out. I've since installed a brand new crate engine direct from the GM plant in detroit. Its a brand new L67 with the black valve covers,aluminum oil pan etc etc. Anyways here's some pics from today. I've also got an SD hood on it now.

af40e79e-d807-4558-817f-1b6b076d0cd7_zps

4fea4120-cb3f-480e-ab9e-bd72353a8863_zps

7e3ca25a-8a4f-4d63-9c98-998178912269_zps

Wait.....This wasn't your daily driver why?

cliff notes.

Had a GP GT.

Got a GP GTP.

Engine blew.

GT was gone or something so he bought a beater.

Fixed GTP.

Engine blew again.

Then we are here with the update that the beater was in an accident and he is driving the GTP now

Edited by Young gun