Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

GXP Dyno sheet

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Do you know anything about the dyno? I know it wasn't ideal conditions, but that seems low.

:D

Scared to see what I'm at giving I was rated from factory in 2006 at 210hp :D

• 2 weeks later...

4750 is probably VVT. All dynos are wavy.

I've seen some pretty smooth ones, this one was all over the place. Also VVT isn't like vtec it doesn't just kick in if I remember correctly. It's changing the whole time, there is a intake runner flap I think that opens around 4500 if I remember correctly.

I've seen some pretty smooth ones, this one was all over the place. Also VVT isn't like vtec it doesn't just kick in if I remember correctly. It's changing the whole time, there is a intake runner flap I think that opens around 4500 if I remember correctly.

Look at the upper right hand corner of your dyno sheet. Dyno sheets can be soothed out to simplify the data. Your just hasn't been nearly as much as some. As for VVT, idk the details, thats just what I've heard.

• 2 months later...
  • Founders

I always preferred timeslips to dyno sheets anyday lol

I hear diff dynos give diff numbers (mustang, dynotech, etc. ), plus they have to be calibrated

Just improvements on technology.

The sensors at the track have to be calibrated as well. The radar for your speed and the timestop for when you cross the line :) Also just like on different tracks you'll get different numbers. There is yet a perfect system :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty impressive that you were able to run a 13.9 1/4 mile pass with a HP # that low. given the weight of the car I'd venture to say your making a bit more power than that. Heck even with my cobalt making almost 300 to the ground I only got a best of 13.7, could be I suck at driving alot as well.