Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

My 99 Grand Am GT

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That hood is schweet man i wish i could have had one for my old ga....keep it up

thanks.

i wanted an sc/t hood for the longest time and all the ones i went and looked at in the junkyards were beat to shit and they still wanted 300+ for them.

Sweet ride dude!!! :cheers: in that vid is it the new muff or the old one?

the vid is the new muffler. the muffler is getting the flat black vht treatment this week.

i will also be painting the calipers two tone style. silver caliper black bracket.

the vid is the new muffler. the muffler is getting the flat black vht treatment this week.

i will also be painting the calipers two tone style. silver caliper black bracket.

Noice.... did you delete the res and/or replace it with something else?

ya prices were pretty high for one of them even in a junk yard. i found one for really cheap but my car blew up 2 days later so obviously i passed.

Noice.... did you delete the res and/or replace it with something else?

TOG (aka The other guys) headers with their downpipe and cat then SLP catback which has no res.

old pic. this is with the stock downpipe. 3 months later i bought a random tech downpipe off someone.

Picture-085.jpg

ya prices were pretty high for one of them even in a junk yard. i found one for really cheap but my car blew up 2 days later so obviously i passed.

i was looking for the longest time maybe 4+yrs and all the yards i called wanted way too much for something the body shop would have to repair and most likely paint to match my car.

hell i paid $40 for the hood i bought for the subaru and i went in the yard and pulled it myself.

have you thought of adding a glasspack where the res was to cut down some of the rasp... or is this the sound you were shooting for?

have you thought of adding a glasspack where the res was to cut down some of the rasp... or is this the sound you were shooting for?

i was actually looking at these hooker header tips 22006HKR http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOK-22006HKR

they have resonators in them. it should still accomplish the same effect as one inline with the pipe.

well got the wideband all hooked up and did some test driving with it. the car is actually ok at idle for fueling as the wideband bounces around between 14-15 on the gauge, so that's not bad. i was actually thinking it was going to be pig rich at idle.

now the area where i know i need to work on a little bit more is part throttle to WOT. its still a little lean in WOT as its not in the prime area where it should be.

but all in all with the small tune i did last year without the wideband wasn't that bad. now once it warms up and the temps are steady i can begin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

decided to add some tips a few weeks back. also i finally got around to getting started on the 2-tone of my interior.

i took the door panels apart and plastic welded the inserts back in. it looks better in person and really changes the interior in a good way.

finally got around to painting the calipers up too. i gave them the two-tone treatment too. silver calipers with black brackets.

IMG00150.jpg

IMG00152.jpg

IMG00153.jpg

IMG00154.jpg

IMG00155.jpg

the door panels came out pretty good. it was a slight pain to take them apart and put them back together.

it gives a little color to the interior besides all black. now i just got to decide what else im going to change.

the tips are are just the SLP tips i got with the catback kit like 4yrs ago.

ill get some better pics with the actual camera. all i had on me was the blackberry.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys.

i did the complete buff job on the paint this past friday and it looks pretty good. a lot better than it was. 3 step compound with 3 different steps in pads plus the final wax.

im gonna get some good pics one of these days soon when its not shitty out.

well since i spent the day last friday buffing the GA i figured it was time for some new pics. plus i dont think i ever posted pics of the tips i added. they are only the SLP tips that came with the catback i got 4yrs ago. not my first choice but they were the only ones i had that went on easy.

021.jpg

023.jpg

025.jpg

028.jpg

030.jpg

nah these look fine.

they dont stand out nearly as much as the stockers. the cops are not to friendly with the clear cornered head lights in this state most the state troopers.

the car draws enough attention and ive been lucky so far. once i get some money and time ill be adding something after the cat and before the muffler to quiet it down a tad.

it looks like the have a slight tint to the lens.

thanks it really changed the interior in a good way. it added that little bit i was looking for.

not sure if i have anything major planned as far as drive-train goes for the car this summer. might just enjoy it as it. just gonna work on that spare trans i got but that might be it.