Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

My 99 Grand Am GT

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a chambered muffler like the others. i know someone who has one and it sounds good.

i was going for a borla pro xs but 270 for a muffler is insane especially when all the other borla mufflers of the same brand brand but different inlet sizes were around 100 bucks i said screw that.

i already had a flowmaster and was looking for something better.

normally 110 but its on sale for 65 right now at summit

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-55762/

plus i had a code for $20 off that i used on this order.

i got it along with some mandrel bends for the tips.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HED-12018/

my flowmaster looked new on the outside but on the inside there wasnt much left. i high temp painted it when i first got it and it never rusted on the outside.

I have Flow Master exhaust on my truck, and that thing has been sunk in water, covered in mud, basically given hell, and it still runs like new... They are built to last a very long time, I'd say you have a good 5-10 years before you should even worry about replacing it :bacon:

well i got the full sweep oil pressure gauge mounted and working just got to put the other screw in on the pillar to screw it to the car.

i had a short sweep oil pressure already in there and came across the full sweep on ebay cheap and brand new so i picked it up. i always wanted a full sweep for a little more detail.

AUTO-4353_LRG.jpg

also got the muffler installed and for now it just got the pipe for tips. it was getting late and i was getting annoyed so i just got everything welded up and mounted on hangers and called it a day.

it looks like this pic. this is the way i ran it for awhile after i got the SLP catback years ago. i will eventually mount the tips i posted above but for now ill keep this look.

Picture-176.jpg

no pics today i didnt bring the camera. i honestly didnt think i would get anything pic worthy today. i got a tripod so the pic will come out better. i may get an in garage exhaust clip next week.

still got to install the wideband. made the cutout last week so i could mount the wideband gauge in one of the vents on the dash. next week ill start running the wires for the wideband.

decided it was time for a change so i removed the PONTIAC i had at the top of the windshield as seen in this pic.

011-1.jpg

thanks guys.

i only did a quick test run to check to see if the oil pressure gauge worked and well i had to hear how it sounded.

sounds pretty damn good i cant wait for spring to come. ill get some pics of the setup next week and maybe a video clip too.

well since it was nice out i decided to take it out for a quick spin so here are some pics and a video. its still a little dirty from when i had to take it out in January to get a sticker.

dont worry ill get some better pics soon.

th_015-2.jpg

021-1.jpg

023-2.jpg

017-2-1.jpg

019-1-1.jpg

i havent done anything with the two holes between the headlights and the mesh on the hood is whatever they put on when it was made.

the mesh i put in the lower part of the bumper is that cheap gutter guard stuff. i was actually thinking of taking it out.

fixed the pics didnt realize photobucket screwed up.

between the hood and the headlights it really changes the look of the car.

an old pic from last year. i think even with just the hood it would have looked 100x better.

023-1.jpg

i always wanted the factory SC/T hood and all the ones i went and looked at were either beat to shit and they wanted a fortune for them. most of the hoods i looked at were in the $300 range plus add in paint and the cost to fix the fiberglass. then this groupbuy came up for the carbon fiber hood so i went for that.