Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Notallthere's 1970 Chevelle Malibu

• 2 weeks later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I did some stuff

IMG_0455_zpsu0xqvsnd.jpg

IMG_0456_zps0vatirjn.jpg

IMG_0457_zpsgcpygsjh.jpg

IMG_0458_zpsikuyam2f.jpg

The seats are not bolted in and yes I sat there and shifted gears and made engine noises.

On 3/7/2016 at 8:37 PM, JUSTA6 said:

Actually BOTH will take every penny from your pocket.

But we won't get any crap from our cars like we do our women.

I recognize those seats. It was major destructive therapy to get them out of that S-10.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2016 at 0:53 PM, Professur said:

Says you wouldn't send it to Canuckistan in the ad

We have ways of sneaking it past those Dudley Do Rights at the border. Ship it to Indymanjoe, JUSTA, or me, then a weekend breakfast with notallthere. Viola! Nothing to declare.

• 2 months later...

Okay sunshine boy, it's been a couple of months since you posted some new pictures. Stop swilling your double-double Timmy Horton's long enough to post some pictures. I know you've been doing stuff.

• 7 months later...

Okay I have actually done some work to the car.  Painted the interior, mounted the rear bumper, put on the rear valence with exhaust cutouts in, painted the trunk and hung a door.  All without pictures.  Maybe this weekend.

• Like 1

• Founders
35 minutes ago, notallthere said:

Okay I have actually done some work to the car.  Painted the interior, mounted the rear bumper, put on the rear valence with exhaust cutouts in, painted the trunk and hung a door.  All without pictures.  Maybe this weekend.

Pictures nao!!

Isn't there a site rule issuing a punishment to people who do work on their cars without taking pics?

Oh, wait ... it's only a bowtie. Nobody cares. Move along ... nothing to see here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Professur said:

Isn't there a site rule issuing a punishment to people who do work on their cars without taking pics?

Oh, wait ... it's only a bowtie. Nobody cares. Move along ... nothing to see here.

This coming from the guy with the Malibu, Oldsmobubble Vista Cruiser, and his supercar dream is a Yugo. 

However, he does have a point. There needs to be punishment for no pictures. I think he needs to watch 3rd rate DIY/car shows "Clock Work Orange" style.

• Like 2

Woah, woah, woah. The Malibu is NOT mine. That sad remnant of a car is 100% on the missus. And the Olds isn't a baby Vista ... it's the big mama Custom Cruiser. And as much as I love it ... it was only the complete and total impossibility to find a Safari that led to the desperation that drove me to it.

As for the Yugo ... yeah ... that's on me. But that's not so much about the car .... it's the same gut response that makes you come home with the most pathetic runt they had at the animal shelter. It's the underdog of cars. C'mon ... you root for Detroit sports teams. You know what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

Pro, I apologize for the Oldsmobile comment. I still think notallthere should be forced to watch Gearz reruns until he posts pictures.

Pro, it's a Yugo (or the Zastava Koral as it is really called in Serbia). It is about the car. It has been universally pan as the worst car on the planet since the Flintstone Mobile. You can compare it to Detroit sports team, runt puppies, the Elephant Man, and Charlie Brown's Christmas tree as much as you'd like. They all get more love than the Yugo....for a lot of good reasons. I blame Malcolm Bricklin for bringing the Yugo to North America in the first place.

You are like Linus sitting out in the Great Yugo Pumpkin patch waiting for the Great Yugo to appear in your driveway and Sally is about to beat the crap out of you...and call you a lot worse names than blockhead.

Now, if you save only the sheet metal and body, put a full frame under it, ditch the rest of the biohazard drivetrain, and make it a V8 gasser....then you've got something there..

Edited by Frosty

I was actually thinking the engine from a Weedwacker would be more than enough of an upgrade.

As for the Linus comment .... I've got a 'Charlie Brown Christmas tree' on my TV, with Linus' blanket wrapped around the base. But I would still happily make one the mascot of my stable.

WIN_20161228_125232.JPG

Edited by Professur
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Professur said:

I was actually thinking the engine from a Weedwacker would be more than enough of an upgrade.

As for the Linus comment .... I've got a 'Charlie Brown Christmas tree' on my TV, with Linus' blanket wrapped around the base. But I would still happily make one the mascot of my stable.

WIN_20161228_125232.JPG

Weed wacker?  Wanna upgrade to a 2cyl snowblower motor?

• Like 1

:picard:  Why am I not surprised? Is it possible that Charles Schultz wrote about you people?

5 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Weed wacker?  Wanna upgrade to a 2cyl snowblower motor?

Sorry JUSTA he'd have to remember to pre-mix the oil and gas every fill up!

4 hours ago, Professur said:

Now you're just being silly. What would I do with that much power? Go try and beat GE to the next possum? 

Do you think you can? I dare you to try! I have money that the possum totals the Yugo and lives.

• Founders
8 hours ago, Frosty said:

Do you think you can? I dare you to try! I have money that the possum totals the Yugo and lives.

:lol: I can see that. The possum will walk away.

• Like 1