Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Notallthere's 1970 Chevelle Malibu

I've seen worse.... but then, we don't have inspections like sane places do.

What's a sane place?

I've never seen one before,

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Got a little busy today

Finished welding the new rear section in today

IMG_0284_zps4b7ggiaj.jpg

Cut out the bad mounts God I love having a plasma cutter

IMG_0280_zpshpxgklet.jpg

IMG_0281_zpsutxl1nrl.jpg

tacked in the new

IMG_0282_zps58bg6j6c.jpg

IMG_0283_zpszaki204z.jpg

then finished welded

IMG_0294_zps5cjwna0f.jpg

IMG_0295_zps3by9fbiw.jpg

Yeah the rest is just surface rust that is there. The body mounts trap moisture and over time it thins the steel and rots it out. I am fortunate that the rest of the frame did not suffer that much. Now that it is repaired I can just start boxing the frame.

• 2 weeks later...

Flux core - sounds like what keeps happening to GE's computer.

Pro - I think you need to pay GE a desktop visit, slap that boy upside the head (for general purposes), and fix his PC problem once and for all. You're call on what that truly means.

notallthere - great welding job.

• Founders

Pro - I think you need to pay GE a desktop visit, slap that boy upside the head (for general purposes), and fix his PC problem once and for all. You're call on what that truly means.

So a normal Tech Support visit :P

So a normal Tech Support visit tongue.png

Ain't nothing normal when you have to visit GE Ringo. stars.gifstars.gifstars.gif

With GE, its hard to know where genuine southern redneck stops and natural born stupidity starts...and knowing the difference. Case in point....the Deerslayer. I am afraid he's a man who's been educated above his intelligence.

• Founders

Ain't nothing normal when you have to visit GE Ringo. stars.gifstars.gifstars.gif

With GE, its hard to know where genuine southern redneck stops and natural born stupidity starts...and knowing the difference. Case in point....the Deerslayer.

rofl.gif

Nothing normal? Hmmm... I say that a lot. Beginning to think that is the new normal.

rofl.gif

Nothing normal? Hmmm... I say that a lot. Beginning to think that is the new normal.

'Fraid so. Sad really.

• 1 month later...

PROGRESS

Factory open channel frame

IMG_0298_zpsjsvoirgv.jpg

Cut this piece out

IMG_0304_zps7aad0ug7.jpg

Using some manly muscles the lower frame was straightened out.  Years of service this does get bent a little.

IMG_0303_zpstfhexca4.jpg

ABC Performance frame boxing kit

IMG_0306_zpstj1ks38t.jpg

Tacked into place then stitch welding started.

IMG_0315_zpsne9ok4us.jpg

Rear section stitch welded and finished

IMG_0337_zpsi3wh3g8p.jpg

Flipped the frame to get at the bottom welds easier

IMG_0339_zpslkbz0mp7.jpg

Started grinding, grinding then ground some more.  Finished it with a wire wheel and a whole wack of paint.

IMG_0340_zpsaletg7ih.jpg

Wow! Look at the crap all over that pretty new driveway! I hope the missus doesn't get mad at you again!

Looks real good buddy! Great work.

Ms Notallthere knows.  But the new pressure washer that I bought will get all that crap off.

Never too late.

NAT, I can honestly say those welds look as good as anything a TV host ever did. I'm just really skittish when it comes to migging with that much rust. What paint did you use?

I used Chassis Saver. paint and it worked really good then a top coat of VHT engine enamel.  The rust was just surface rust so a die grinder cleaned it off fast for a good weld base.  I only had one spot actually blow through.

Never too late.

NAT, I can honestly say those welds look as good as anything a TV host ever did. 

More real backyard engineering, hard work, and results in less time than a certain Power Wagon we know of too.

• 6 months later...