Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Notallthere's 1970 Chevelle Malibu

Wait wait wait.......Why the hell is Pro even in my garage unsupervised or even touching my welder or grinder?

• Haha 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

16 hours ago, notallthere said:

Wait wait wait.......Why the hell is Pro even in my garage unsupervised or even touching my welder or grinder?

14 hours ago, Professur said:

Is there another room you'd rather I was unsupervised in, touching other things you consider precious?

Gotta admit, Pro has a valid point.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Professur said:

Is there another room you'd rather I was unsupervised in, touching other things you consider precious?

Yes the anchor room of the titanic would work.

• Haha 2

On 9/7/2017 at 12:08 PM, Professur said:

So how are the wedding plans coming?

Pro-Well, the plans are going good. Still trying to finger out just what vittles to have. It was gonna be a sprang wedding and we pushed it back to possibly fall of next year which may change back to sprang of next year heck who knows. I'll keep ya posted.

Frosty - Why I'd be filming everythang:D I thank that Pro and I can make some killer videos while we are test driving all the vehicles. Pro can weld up all the tools together and tie all the cords in a knot so electricity can't pass thru them. So rendering them making them useless to anyone. Taking the torch and heating up the rattlecans for some fun. Heck Pro and I would put our genius scottish brains together and maybe build a robot out of all the parts just for kicks and giggles to  destroy stuff:lol:

On 9/7/2017 at 4:52 PM, notallthere said:

Pro just like touching thangs:lol:

On 9/7/2017 at 5:57 PM, Professur said:

And you know that he would never have fun touching thangs or maybe just re-arranging things so it would make you look for them longer:lol:

Frosty - nah stuff with cheese curds just don't sound good to me. I'll stick with grits, fried okra, and liver pudding:D

9 hours ago, Guitarsextreme said:

Pro-Well, the plans are going good. Still trying to finger out just what vittles to have. It was gonna be a sprang wedding and we pushed it back to possibly fall of next year which may change back to sprang of next year heck who knows. I'll keep ya posted.

Frosty - Why I'd be filming everythang:D I thank that Pro and I can make some killer videos while we are test driving all the vehicles. Pro can weld up all the tools together and tie all the cords in a knot so electricity can't pass thru them. So rendering them making them useless to anyone. Taking the torch and heating up the rattlecans for some fun. Heck Pro and I would put our genius scottish brains together and maybe build a robot out of all the parts just for kicks and giggles to  destroy stuff:lol:

Indecision may or may not be your problem GE!!!!! -_-

As for playing with the tools and screwing up the works, too late - notallthere already beat you to it. After all, it's his garage!

Now GE you shouldn't talk about a man's garage after I saw yours (at least your old one). I am still trying to figure out why there are orange Challenger parts sitting on the front seat of the Oldsmobubble. Just think of the damage Pro, notallthere, or I could do to yours.....on your wedding night! With or with any Ol' Granddad. :D

52 minutes ago, Professur said:

What the hell is Turmeric, Cardamom, or Fenugeek? These sound like exotic poisons rather than spices.

Edited by Frosty

They're things Indian (the country, not the offended) wimmenz put into food to make your pee smell funny. I'm surprised you didn't comment on the rapeseed.

And for the record ... if I'm not working on something, I tend to organize tools very neatly.  Cables and cords are always the place I start.

Edited by Professur

3 hours ago, Professur said:

They're things Indian (the country, not the offended) wimmenz put into food to make your pee smell funny. I'm surprised you didn't comment on the rapeseed.

And for the record ... if I'm not working on something, I tend to organize tools very neatly.  Cables and cords are always the place I start.

Rapeseed oil is just another name for canola oil, or at least one variant of it. It is one the largest sources of canola oil in the world.

There is something wrong with a man who has neat and orderly tools all of the time. He has too much time on his hands and not enough projects. Say isn't there a Sierra that needs brakes and a Malibu that needs to be euthanized?

Let me guess - in-tank high volume fuel pump.

Also, are you looking at replacing just the electric pump or the entire pump/fuel level sender-float assembly?

Edited by Frosty

So I should not tell you on those trucks it is faster to unbolt the bed and move it back 12 inches to change the pump.

I continue to work on the car.  It has been keeping me up at night for the hydraulic clutch was not bleeding correctly.  So tonight I unbolt the master from the fire wall and rotate it 90 Degrees and the air started coming out of the system.  I will leave it like that all night and see what happens.

I also put a fuel pump cutoff on the dash.  Since it is black and the switch it not lite it could slow someone down who does not know the car.  I am also going to figure out the neutral safety this weekend.

Spin the nuts of fortune boys! Takes your chances!

Just think if you spin the bolts, you will have even more quality time with the Sierra and less with the family and the Malibu.

Rockauto had the whole fuel pump and fuel level sender assembly for under $200. The pump was well under $100.

Let's face it, when I was still at AC Spark Plug Division back in the 1980s, they developed the first roller vane high pressure in-tank fuel pumps that went in the Corvettes, Camaros and Firebirds because they had the Tune Port Fuel injected motors. These motors require higher fuel pressure than (at the time) conventional TBI and carburetors. The roller van pumps did tend to get noisy with age. It might also mean that some sort of contamination (e.g. dirt) got past the fuel screen and got sucked into the fuel pump and was slowly destroying it. Not sure which thing has happened with yours Pro, but it sounds like it needs to be replaced - just for sanity's sake. Double check your fuel screen regardless.

• Like 1

They should come with the fuel screen.  Well at least the ones that I bought.

WE HAVE AN OPERATIONAL CLUTCH NOW.

12 hours ago, notallthere said:

They should come with the fuel screen.  Well at least the ones that I bought.

WE HAVE AN OPERATIONAL CLUTCH NOW.

Agreed most reputable OEM/OERs will have one. Most.

I suppose this make you a clutch performer?       :D:P:lol:     Rimshot!

Edited by Frosty

21 hours ago, Frosty said:

Spin the nuts of fortune boys! Takes your chances!

Just think if you spin the bolts, you will have even more quality time with the Sierra and less with the family and the Malibu.

Rockauto had the whole fuel pump and fuel level sender assembly for under $200. The pump was well under $100.

Let's face it, when I was still at AC Spark Plug Division back in the 1980s, they developed the first roller vane high pressure in-tank fuel pumps that went in the Corvettes, Camaros and Firebirds because they had the Tune Port Fuel injected motors. These motors require higher fuel pressure than (at the time) conventional TBI and carburetors. The roller van pumps did tend to get noisy with age. It might also mean that some sort of contamination (e.g. dirt) got past the fuel screen and got sucked into the fuel pump and was slowly destroying it. Not sure which thing has happened with yours Pro, but it sounds like it needs to be replaced - just for sanity's sake. Double check your fuel screen regardless.

would this be that pump? imageproxy.php?img=&key=7a632d757925bc26https://goo.gl/images/sFtqyg

Edited by Professur

shipping method "consolidated". Yeah .. that's where I stop playing. If it's UPS or one of it's brother cumpanies that $48cnd + $10 shipping morphs into an extra $30 brokerage right up the ol' corn hole.