Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Here's a nutty question...

Dunno if this is the absolute correct section, so move the topic accordingly if I didn't please.

I know the company makes intake parts for the G6, but I'm interested in only one piece, the box or shield that surrounds the filter. I do have a true CAI for my GA, but it's not on, and if I'm gonna rock a short ram, I was wondering if the box was worth it. I know I'm gonna have to fab up my own mounting points for it.

Opinions?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founders

Its a great heat shield and definitely works better than the Injen (POS wannabes). The question is will the hot air from your engine creep into it with the fabbed up version of it?

• Founders
' date='Jan 25 2010, 07:47 PM' post='5559']

I wouldn't know for sure until I get my paws on one and tinker with it. It's hard to tell from the pics alone.

I'll try and get you diameters on Thursday or Friday if I can't get a hold of Robert by then. I know Thurs and Fri are far away but thats the only real time I have to tinker with my car lol

This is what I would do: I would take a piece of cardboard cut out the ruff shape of the L with the hole for the intake to pass thru. Cut it and refine the shape ect and then trace the final design to some thin metal (aluminum probably). Something bendable to the L shape cut out your final design and walla you got your heat shield. :cheers: A little sanding, some paint and and some sort of rubber gasket so it seals to your hood when its closed. All that would/should be pretty easy to do and you got one nice custom heat shield. ;)

what you think of that?

• Founders
' date='Jan 25 2010, 08:06 PM' post='5572']

Cool beans. Dimensions would be great too. I just don't wanna dump $80 for the box, and I'm boned with a useless part. :lol2:

Can always re-sell :lol2: I'll get the dimensions soon!

This is what I would do: I would take a piece of cardboard cut out the ruff shape of the L with the hole for the intake to pass thru. Cut it and refine the shape ect and then trace the final design to some thin metal (aluminum probably). Something bendable to the L shape cut out your final design and walla you got your heat shield. :lol2: A little sanding, some paint and and some sort of rubber gasket so it seals to your hood when its closed. All that would/should be pretty easy to do and you got one nice custom heat shield. :badGT:

what you think of that?

:agreed: that's how most vendors that design the system do it :(

:dancingpontiac:

Im sorry but Crabs are a G6 intake. It will not fit your car.

If your around San Antonio I can make one for you.

Ive done Malibus and Impalas before.

I dont do mail order fabrication. Thats way to much work and expense.

Try a post in the perf Mod area or Here

looks like your doing my idea unless the forum pooner provided has them.

:lol2:

Im sorry but Crabs are a G6 intake. It will not fit your car.

If your around San Antonio I can make one for you.

Ive done Malibus and Impalas before.

I dont do mail order fabrication. Thats way to much work and expense.

Try a post in the perf Mod area or Here

*facepalm*

I know they're for a G6. :dancingpontiac:

What my intention was, was using the heatshield ONLY. I'm used to making parts work in unconventional ways. This GA has been no different, hell, I had an 95 Intrepid before this. Making parts work from other things is all part of the fun. Hence, "custom".

It's going on in the springtime, when the 17"s go back on. It'll be easier then, since I have to go through the wheelwell. I'm gonna have Chris give me a hand since he had one on his GA.

• Founders

Topic moved to better serve its intentions.

I think the best idea would be to do what Jedi3 suggested. Unless you still have your heart set on a Crab-shield. Then really the best way is to buy it and test it out cause that will be the only definite way of finding whether or not it will work.

Let me know if you still want the dimensions

• Founders

Horrible diagram I know but just grab these dimensions real quick didn't have much time to get a better one, hopefully this helps.

Red is xx inch

Dark Blue is xx inch

Teal is xx inch

Green is xx inch

Orange is xx inch

Very very rough diagram, just to get an understanding of the size of this thing. Let me know what exactly you need.

edit:

pooner requested that we dont post dimensions of HIS product.

I compleatly agree with him and understand.

the mod team offer our sincere apologies!

Jedi3