Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hiya From Australia

G'day All

My name is Phil and live in Adelaide Australia,I have a Pontiac Parisienne with a 350 chev in it..

I will be putting a big block in Later when i fix it up more,it was found in a Farm Barn as a shell with rats livin in it and was cleaned up and the motor put in,i bought it just after because the guy couldnt finish it,i got all the bumpers and chroming re done,disc brakes put on and new wiring as well its got a long way to go but i,ll get there..

Bit about Myself,im 44 married and love my fishing,i have a 23 foot 307 chev merc cruiser (you got to get to the fishing spots fast) lol...

covered.jpg

Sorry it is a 1965 Pontiac jedi

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

WOW all the way in Australia :blink::woot:

Great looking Parisienne, we got to see more pics of that! :lol2:

lets see how good I am is it a 1965?

:lol2:

• Founders

B) Great looking Classic Parisienne you got there!!! I love classic cars probably the number one reason I love cars so much is the '60s era of cars!

Please post more!!!!!

:woot: that is an awesome car. any fun videos? :unsure: um...is a Pontiac still a Pontiac in Australia?

The older ones, yeah.

Everything else, GM just sells as a Holden over there.

Mmmm...Holden. I wants me a Holden Commodore VXR8 Bathurst.

still a pontiac here i think my car originally came from canada but not sure,yeah our commodores are pontiacs over there but sure why they did this but,sell easier?

Not sure about that either. I wish I had a Commodore though! Shipping would be outrageous...

Welcome!

still a pontiac here i think my car originally came from canada but not sure,yeah our commodores are pontiacs over there but sure why they did this but,sell easier?

Few more pics here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3111905

Yea. Funny story about those. Almost all the 1970's and earlier Pontiacs sold in Canada were more or less Chevy's with Pontiac panels. The engines, trannys, and everything were all from Chevys.. unlike Ponitac who still had their own engines and trannys at the time. They also made "Kit cars" from these cars where they basically parted up all the parts and shipped them off to Holden plants in Austrailia, and they put them together, using some of their own parts like seats, and such, to create what you have now :lol2: They also shipped these kit cars off to South Africa as well.

I didn't even know they had Pontiacs down in Austrailia up until I just researched this. And by research I mean Wikipedia LOL. The only one I knew are the Commedore's with the "International" bumpers from the now defunct Pontiac G8. Boy would I love to get a Ute with the G8 pannel shipped over here... or the Wagon Commedore with the G8 bumpers... that's be teh sex.

Austrailia makes some of the finest cars. Some day I'm going to move down there, and drive around in the desert in a V8 Holden while the US will have probally outlawed them by then..

Not sure about that either. I wish I had a Commodore though! Shipping would be outrageous...

Look for a mid-90's Holden Commodore. The VR V6 models are dirt cheap. They have either the ever tough L36, or...yes, the L67. IN RWD. I've seen them on Aussie's eBay for between 1.5-3K in US $$, figure it's another 7-10K to import...I'd pay $12K for an L67 powered Commodore plz.

' date='Jan 27 2010, 05:38 PM' post='6114']

Look for a mid-90's Holden Commodore. The VR V6 models are dirt cheap. They have either the ever tough L36, or...yes, the L67. IN RWD. I've seen them on Aussie's eBay for between 1.5-3K in US $$, figure it's another 7-10K to import...I'd pay $12K for an L67 powered Commodore plz.

Definitely have to say I agree, why do you guys get all the good stuff? :lol2: