Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2009 Solstice and 2006 G6 GTP

Got some new toys on order. Solo Mach Exhaust came in yesterday and I only ordered it on monday night. Trifecta and soft top I am still waiting on though.

Stock Exhaust

web.jpg?ver=12786354080001

Solo Mach Exhaust

1.jpg?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=false&height=500&width=770

Stock

1024.jpg

SOLO

web.jpg?ver=12786354190001

Gunning it at about 30

http://gallery.mac.com/zerosnipe#100323/IM...p;bgcolor=black

Bov

Revving

http://gallery.mac.com/zerosnipe#100323/Re...p;bgcolor=black

Take Off

Cruising

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks great!!!! :P

The Exhaust is kinda funny looking the way the piping works but what ever gets the job done. :lol2:

Why are you getting a soft top, whats the advantage of having one?

the hardtop you can't put into the back of the car, the soft top you can fold up and put in the back of the car. I love driving the car with the top off but I don't want to have it sitting outside all day with the top off of it.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I see now, then a very good investment! :lol2:

if you dont mind how much was it?

$935 with everything said and done. gmpartsdirect price was 731 but the S&H was about 225. crateengine was about $925 before S&H. So I just had my mom order it from the dealership they do business with all the time.

WoooooooooooooooooooooW that a sh@t load more than I thought it would be! :lol2::P;)

ehh its expensive but I think half of the reason why it is because there are only a pretty limited amount of the actual car made and than how many of the owners are going to spring for the other top also. Its BS but I can understand the logic of the BS.

ehh its expensive but I think half of the reason why it is because there are only a pretty limited amount of the actual car made and than how many of the owners are going to spring for the other top also. Its BS but I can understand the logic of the BS.

:lol2:

I dident even think about that, yea not many out there. You should keep that car for along long long time. I think they may be worth some big $$$$$ someday in the far future.

• Founders

Did I tell you lately that I love your Solstice? :P

I want one bad but I fear its not gonna happen because my crave for a V8 is greater :lol2:

Anywho good upgrade on the exhaust, I don't get anything when I click the thinks though the page just loads then says done. Could be that its Apple and they never think of other OS but their own...

I'm surprised you lasted this long without the soft top! That would've been my first investment with the car but then again you don't live in Florida where it rains every day or sun is beating down when it isn't.

Soft Top came today and it is as much of a pain in the ass as everyone has said it is. On a another note I was driving around the other day in a 08 Solstice Gxp vert with the top down. Much easier to put the top down and up on that car lol.

web.jpg?ver=12792464000001

web.jpg?ver=12792464180001

web.jpg?ver=12792464100001

web.jpg?ver=12792464270001

The thing is though that I never reallly drive the car when there is a chance of thunder storms at all. To put it on though you would have to duck in under a place to put it on anyhow because you have to snap those 2 bows back onto it. On the plus side I really like it because it lets people know that its a targa top and it is actually a good bit quiter to drive with than my hardtop I think because there is less to rattle around on it.

• Founders

The thing is though that I never reallly drive the car when there is a chance of thunder storms at all. To put it on though you would have to duck in under a place to put it on anyhow because you have to snap those 2 bows back onto it. On the place side I really like it because it lets people know that its a targa top and it is actually a good bit quiter to drive with than my hardtop I think because there is less to rattle around on it.

Gotcha, crazy how the "cloth top" is quieter then the regular "T-top". I'm thinking of joining your ranks of the Solstice GXP coupe club and the GTO club or I might buy a 2010 Camaro SS and transform it to a Firebird. I'm undecided but its not finalized till the end of the week when I know I have my job 100% :)

I'll be asking you a lot of questions if I end up going for Solstice Coupe!! Do you know what numbers these things pull on the track?

depends on if its a GXP or base. Stock gxp high 13's low 14's you see alot. slightly modded you can see times down in the low 13's and 12.99. I haven't really researched it that much though, also haven't been to a track. With my dashawk when i was messing around after my car had about 500 miles on it I got a 0-60 in 5.2 seconds with not launching it at all. Haven't done it since than though, I kinda baby it to much.

Coupe_GXP

2009 Solstice Coupe GXP #1123

Fully Loaded, Automatic, GMPP Stage 2

Soft Top, HID's & Solo Mach Exhaust

post-2-1279635078_thumb.jpg

full size

http://foreverpontiac.com/index.php?act=At...=post&id=80

I nomed you and did a little PS pic for ya. :lol2::D

• 2 weeks later...

Well my g6 is having some major transmission issues right now. It doesn't want to go anywhere in drive it just revs, you have to put in M than it will go but it is now slipping from 1st to 2nd gear.

• 9 months later...

Well my g6 is having some major transmission issues right now. It doesn't want to go anywhere in drive it just revs, you have to put in M than it will go but it is now slipping from 1st to 2nd gear.

Seems like it's low on fluid possibly.