Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Burnt to a crisp...

Yesterday I got a pretty scary phone call from my daughter... she had been in a car accident. She was on her way home with my other daughter in the car when she felt a car "bump" hers from behind (During rush hour on an over pass) she lost control and rearended a Trailblazer... She hit the TB pretty hard causing the DS airbag to deploy, the impact also caused the battery to explode causing a short somewhere which then ignited.

The car that bumped them never stoped to even check to see if they were ok.

The driver of the TB said that since it wasn't her fault she wasn't gonna stop either since she didn't have insurance, but when she saw smoke in her rear view mirror, she stopped and went to check on them... a few seconds later the car burst into flames.

When an officer asked my daughter how it happend, she told him and he accused her of lying because there was no visible damage to her rear bumper! Here's the funny thing though... even with all the front end damage done to the car there was not one scratch on the TB!!! So is he saying that my daughter didn't hit the TB either? dumb f*ck!

Thank god my girls are ok. The car... meh it can be replaced.

Here's whats left of the Aerio...

f2def21f.jpg

ebcd5b5a.jpg

ee3bf16f.jpg

6ea4e5de.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

While not burnt, I can relate to being hit on the highway. That alone is a scary experience. Adding fire to the situation...geez.

What the plate number taken down by the person who rearended her? If not, you're SOL. Cops won't do a damn thing.

' date='Jun 2 2011, 07:12 AM' post='54936']

While not burnt, I can relate to being hit on the highway. That alone is a scary experience. Adding fire to the situation...geez.

What the plate number taken down by the person who rearended her? If not, you're SOL. Cops won't do a damn thing.

This being her first accident and it all happening so fast, plus adding the fact that it was rush hour = No plate + Liability only Ins. = YES... I'm SOL.

This being her first accident and it all happening so fast, plus adding the fact that it was rush hour = No plate + Liability only Ins. = YES... I'm SOL.

Ugh, liability. Sadly...I always see people learning the hard way that liability SUCKS. I did. I have full coverage now, worth it.

damn glad shes ok. cops are f'n retards they dont know shit f them. and liability blowwwwwwwwwsssssssss i had it on my iroc and didnt get a dime for it it sucked

Yeah as said... don't buy the Aerio... ish, those cars aren't pretty but I never knew they were that dangerous! Good thing everyone's okay, although, are you going to have a claim against your ins. on that TB? Clearly... your car is going to the scrap yard (or is it plastic.... they don't like those.)

Wow. That's scary Pete! :)

I'm glad everyone is ok and that does suck about the car... I hope something good comes your way.

PS. Cali cops are not so good. I've met some decent ones but, I'd say most of the ones I have met, aren't that great of people.

• Founders

WOW! Sorry to hear Pete, glad everyone is alright!!

That just sucks, how fast were they going when she got bumped first?

are you going to have a claim against your ins. on that TB? Clearly... your car is going to the scrap yard (or is it plastic.... they don't like those.)

No the girl's TB only had a tiny scratch which she wasn't worried about... Yes it's going to be scrapped... get this... they're giving me 200 for it... I paid 180 for the tow... you do the math... FML

Wow. That's scary Pete! :welcomeFP:

I'm glad everyone is ok and that does suck about the car... I hope something good comes your way.

PS. Cali cops are not so good. I've met some decent ones but, I'd say most of the ones I have met, aren't that great of people.

I agree with you and I hope so too and soon!

WOW! Sorry to hear Pete, glad everyone is alright!!

That just sucks, how fast were they going when she got bumped first?

Thanks. I have no idea how fast.

Thats crazy man wow, Im glad your daughter is ok.

Thanks again fellas... so pick-a-part (local salvage yard) picked it up and gave me a WHOLE 200 bucks for it! :rolleyes:

Yeah I guess it did pay for the 180 dollar five minute tow from the freeway to my house... :rolleyes: