Forums Gone... but not forgotten!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Pontiac of the Month

gscherer78ta's 1978 Trans Am

2019 February
of the Month

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

We are a community of Pontiac enthusiasts. The purpose of our community is to keep alive the Pontiac spirit by sharing (or showing off) our cars, discussing Pontiac, helping each other work on our cars and find information, plus attend various meets/shows/etc... To aid discussion, sharing, event planning and selling of parts/cars/anything, we have various parts of the website to aid this from Forums to an online Garage to Classifieds to even a Document Download Repository. You can find links to these in our navigation above based on what each section helps with (discussion, local events, learning, etc...).

We invite you to contribute, find help or just view some of our member's amazing cars! Don't forget, we also have great contests from time to time (like our Pontiac of the Month and yearly calendar contest) and our Pontiac This OR That, a fun game where you choose the best of two randomly selected Pontiacs from our online garage.

We look forward to seeing you around!

Sign in to follow this  
G.I.Ceo

Grand Am Custom SLP Exhaust.

Well I finally had my cat back made last week and figured I would post the video. It is super quiet and I'm not sure if I like it or not. It does rumble really nice and deep at idle though. When this video starts the car is actually running. I do have S&S headers with a high flow cat installed already and like I said it's quiet. The muffler is a 2.5" inlet/dual 2.5" out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl8U3zQ7FJ0

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

holy quiet and WHAT THE FACK IS THAT BUMPER?!

WHAT THE FACK IS THAT BUMPER?!

It looks angry :agreed:

holy quiet and WHAT THE FACK IS THAT BUMPER?!

Yeah I did that before I knew any better and haven't changed it. I am almost positive I am going back to stock parts but I have re-buy all of them because mine were taken from storage a while back. If I still had them I would probably be back to stock already.

I'd say go back to stock on the bumper, that thing is weird IMO

Exhaust is really really quite, I didn't even realize that was the car for a while lol. Has a bit of a rasp to it I noticed when you gave it a good rev.

Other than that not bad.

I fixed your youtube link so it shows up here. Also the exhaust is super quiet IMO and not really what I would of wanted out of it, kinda a bummer. The bumper isent my taste but not horrible. :agreed:

Well I pulled my MAF sensor and put my ported one back on and got some bite out of the exhaust. I am going to drive it tomorrow and see how it responds to the ported MAF sensor again. I had troubles with it for a while and that's why I went back to a stock one. We shall see. I will say though when this car gets opened up on the expressway this exhaust sounds pretty sweet!

Well I pulled my MAF sensor and put my ported one back on and got some bite out of the exhaust. I am going to drive it tomorrow and see how it responds to the ported MAF sensor again. I had troubles with it for a while and that's why I went back to a stock one. We shall see. I will say though when this car gets opened up on the expressway this exhaust sounds pretty sweet!

I used to have a 1999 grand am, miss it sometimes lol

So now that you have had it in on for a while, how do you feel about it? Do you get any of that dreaded "drone" at highway speeds? I have a SLP muffler similar to yours (only it is 3" in and dual 2 1/2" out) that I am thinking about installing on my LT1 Formula. I listened to your YouTube video and it sounds like it comes alive when you give it some throttle.

Ah, the SLP Loudmouth catback for the GA. Very hard to find nowadays.

To the OP, you've heard my opinion on the bodykit. At least you're going back to stock.

' date='Dec 2 2011, 12:46 AM' post='62685']

Ah, the SLP Loudmouth catback for the GA. Very hard to find nowadays.

I don't think he has the Loud Mouth exhaust. The Loud Mouth muffler (if you can call it a muffler as they are very loud LOL!) is bullet shaped and really more of a "resonator" than muffler. He said his SLP muffler is 2 1/2" in and dual 2 1/2" outlets. I think that is a universal SLP muffler used on several applications. I have one of those also along with a SLP version that is 3" in with dual 2 1/2" outlets that was used on trucks and was touted as being a replacement muffler for the TOTL exhaust used on the 95 Firehawks. This style of SLP muffler was reported to be quiet unless under throttle, thus eliminating "drone" at highway speeds. Thus my question to him about the "drone" (A loud exhaust is cool until you spend two or three days driving thru a dozen states listening to it.) Unfortunately, they don't make these anymore and last I heard were closing out their remaining inventory. (Oh yea, and they are stainless steel.)