Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

[ChaosweaveR]'s Mitsubishi Galant ES Progression

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF's with the band-aid

Crack in the front bumper, on the rear, Jess backed into one of her friend's car earlier in the year. The big one in the rear actually says fail. :P

Holy 4 x 4 Batman. :(

Rally car, foo.

surprised you didn't tint the JDM tails. You swap rims for just this meet? cause if she takes a turn too hard i think its going to rollllll

NO tint for these JDM tails. The 2nd gens are getting few and far between. They're staying as is.

Roll? Or rub? Even with the aggressive offset (for the Galant) they don't rub. As for body roll...the GA is worse. :(

• Founders
TGCNYMeet7.jpg

Please tell me he just had an accident and didn't have time to paint that and it's not a "look" lol.

I'm not a fan of Mitsubishi but that Orange car, isn't half bad. Just not a fan of those scoops on the front bumper.

It's just not painted. It's no longer his DD, so he's just been piecing it together. He brought it as is for the meet. The headlights, grille, fenders and front bumper are the VR4 pieces, for the 7th gen Galant, the US never got the VR4 model, which came turbo with AWD. After the meet, the car is going under the process of the AWD swap.

As for that orange Galant, that's one of my favorites on the forums. His front bumper is special, it's the highly sought after Super VR4 bumper. It's an actual OEM piece, not a replica. Only two are in the US, and he has one.

dents, unpaintedness, i saw portholes on one......i would have ran....

The silver one...He's not a regular on the forums, he's a cousin of the guy with the dark blue Galant (VR4 front clip, Evo VIII wing) but nobody liked his Galant. :D

The other one, it's just a work in progress.

Wow who knew a Gaylant could look pretty cool?! I like the orange one!

Google search Galant VR4, and Super VR4. :lol:

Nothing wrong with a legitimate work in progress. During its initial overhaul, a local Integra was being driven around as a mix of green, blue, white, and red panels. Once all of the body work was done (JDM front, Type-R wing, Type-R doors, etc) is was fully repainted and looked amazing, but it did have to temporarily live as a multi-coloured car. :)

• Founders

Nothing wrong with a legitimate work in progress. During its initial overhaul, a local Integra was being driven around as a mix of green, blue, white, and red panels. Once all of the body work was done (JDM front, Type-R wing, Type-R doors, etc) is was fully repainted and looked amazing, but it did have to temporarily live as a multi-coloured car. :)

I guess I just see things under a little more wraps then most ;) Maybe it's my programming background I dunno. My thinking is if a car isn't visually complete, it doesn't belong in a visual show ***Unless it's just like a few buddies or a car club that wants to see your progress then it's ok (which I think this was). I see that as a kind of Beta, if you will. OR if said car is a DD then you have some excuse but not much :D

My thing is don't unveil your project to a real show unless it's minimum ready for said show. Just my thinking, I know no "project" car is ever finished so that's why I say minimum lol. Judging in a real show if there's mismatched body panels and that's not intended then it's going to the straight bottom of the list because it's a car show, you're supposed to wow me with the visual of your car then the engine bay. Not like a track where you can go all out and the visual of your car is just icing on the cake.

Then again everybody has their own way they feel about it, that's just how I do.

Gotta remember, Jimmy, this was just a big meet. A lot of these guys know each other very well. Myself and Jess being n00bs, they still were very friendly, and even helped out installing the JDM tails on our Galant right at the meet! And you know how modding is...soon other cars were getting new mods. :)

• 1 month later...

New JDM folding mirrors! They're already silver, but they're meant for a RHD Galant. Notice how the driver's side mirror is more inwards than the passenger side.

GalantJDMmirrors1.jpg

GalantJDMmirrors2.jpg

GalantJDMmirrors3.jpg

GalantJDMmirrors4.jpg

GalantJDMmirrors5.jpg

Still need to be wired up, and replace the glass for LHD. Motor is possibly burnt out for the power folding feature. Sounds like a project to me. :P

• 1 month later...
  • Founders
' date='Nov 10 2011, 05:50 PM' post='61693']

That bunny logo was from the movie, Amber had a mech in one scene, that bunny was on the mech.

Must be a Galant thing ;) jk

Never seen this movie.... Guess I'm not up to date on things.

I haven't seen the movie but I remember the previews for it. I love the idea of dressing up with your car, I've tried to get my club to have a Halloween meet for years and hardly anyone is up for it lol.

Jess loves to cosplay, she does the I-Con convention every year here. So when I told her people do themes like this for the show, she got really excited and did a SuckerPunch theme. I thought she really did a great job.