Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Pontiac Museum!

• Founders

This was brought to my attention by someone on another forum and I thought this is very cool! They are opening a well deserved Museum for Pontiac in Pontiac, IL!

:willy_nilly:

http://visitpontiac.org/webpages/index.php?art=961

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

This is Tim Dye's Pontiac-Oakland Museum. I have his book on early Oakland and Pontiac collector memorbillia. A member of our club is heading to the grand opening on July 21st. Another member is on the museum's advisory board. I just wish the City of Pontiac Michigan had made the offer to Tim to set up shop here instead.

On a lighter note, there is a petition before the City of Pontiac to rename the Woodward Loop (the northern end of Woodward Avenue) back to Widetrack Drive. It is expected to pass without much opposition this spring or summer.

I've been to Pontiac IL before. Nice town off Route 66. They have their own Route 66 museum too. It's worth a look. The old Standard Oil Gas Station in nearby Odell is way cool too.

• Founders

This is Tim Dye's Pontiac-Oakland Museum. I have his book on early Oakland and Pontiac collector memorbillia. A member of our club is heading to the grand opening on July 21st. Another member is on the museum's advisory board. I just wish the City of Pontiac Michigan had made the offer to Tim to set up shop here instead.

On a lighter note, there is a petition before the City of Pontiac to rename the Woodward Loop (the northern end of Woodward Avenue) back to Widetrack Drive. It is expected to pass without much opposition this spring or summer.

I've been to Pontiac IL before. Nice town off Route 66. They have their own Route 66 museum too. It's worth a look. The old Standard Oil Gas Station in nearby Odell is way cool too.

I still think/hope Pontiac, MI will still do something of importance like this.

I would honestly love to go visit this Museum and the Route 66 Museum, definitely sounds like fun!

I still think/hope Pontiac, MI will still do something of importance like this.

I would honestly love to go visit this Museum and the Route 66 Museum, definitely sounds like fun!

I just heard on Saturday that the City of Pontiac Michigan is indeed going to restore signs to the Woodward Loop with Widetrack Drive. So Woodward will be duelly marked as both Woodward and Widetrack Drive. Seems the city counsel unanimously voted for this. Now I guess it has to go to the city planning commission for funding and implementation and such. So no timing yet when the signs will go up. Hopefully it will be done in time for this year's annual Woodward Dream Cruise.

There are changing it back cool. Wait did I miss a meeting?

'Fraid so pal. You didn't get the memo?

Oh that's right, we have to translate it into Canadian first, eh! :lol:

• 1 month later...

I just heard on Saturday that the City of Pontiac Michigan is indeed going to restore signs to the Woodward Loop with Widetrack Drive. So Woodward will be duelly marked as both Woodward and Widetrack Drive. Seems the city counsel unanimously voted for this. Now I guess it has to go to the city planning commission for funding and implementation and such. So no timing yet when the signs will go up. Hopefully it will be done in time for this year's annual Woodward Dream Cruise.

Awesome. I really want to make it to the Woodward Dream Cruise one of these years. I was born in Pontiac MI and my grandfather (who used to work for Pontiac) still lives in Birmingham.

I think I know where in going for vacation. :)

Professor and notallthere joined me last year at Woodward. As Pro said, "I like this type of car show, it comes to you!".

Still no word yet when the city of Pontiac will put the Widetrack signs up, but I can't wait.

So when are you going to visit your grandfather?

Professor and notallthere joined me last year at Woodward. As Pro said, "I like this type of car show, it comes to you!".

Still no word yet when the city of Pontiac will put the Widetrack signs up, but I can't wait.

So when are you going to visit your grandfather?

Not soon enough! :rofl: I need to make it out there at least once this summer to help him organize his basement, as well as attempt to steal his '73 Grand Am wagon.

• 1 month later...