Forums Gone... but not forgotten!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Pontiac of the Month

Pedja's 1968 Firebird

2019 March
of the Month

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

We are a community of Pontiac enthusiasts. The purpose of our community is to keep alive the Pontiac spirit by sharing (or showing off) our cars, discussing Pontiac, helping each other work on our cars and find information, plus attend various meets/shows/etc... To aid discussion, sharing, event planning and selling of parts/cars/anything, we have various parts of the website to aid this from Forums to an online Garage to Classifieds to even a Document Download Repository. You can find links to these in our navigation above based on what each section helps with (discussion, local events, learning, etc...).

We invite you to contribute, find help or just view some of our member's amazing cars! Don't forget, we also have great contests from time to time (like our Pontiac of the Month and yearly calendar contest) and our Pontiac This OR That, a fun game where you choose the best of two randomly selected Pontiacs from our online garage.

We look forward to seeing you around!

Sign in to follow this  
Ringo64

Pontiac Museum!

This was brought to my attention by someone on another forum and I thought this is very cool! They are opening a well deserved Museum for Pontiac in Pontiac, IL!

:willy_nilly:

http://visitpontiac.org/webpages/index.php?art=961

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

if anyone in IL wants to go ill prolly hit it up this summer whilst arraging a meet there with some goats...

That is very cool

This is Tim Dye's Pontiac-Oakland Museum. I have his book on early Oakland and Pontiac collector memorbillia. A member of our club is heading to the grand opening on July 21st. Another member is on the museum's advisory board. I just wish the City of Pontiac Michigan had made the offer to Tim to set up shop here instead.

On a lighter note, there is a petition before the City of Pontiac to rename the Woodward Loop (the northern end of Woodward Avenue) back to Widetrack Drive. It is expected to pass without much opposition this spring or summer.

I've been to Pontiac IL before. Nice town off Route 66. They have their own Route 66 museum too. It's worth a look. The old Standard Oil Gas Station in nearby Odell is way cool too.

nice.

This is Tim Dye's Pontiac-Oakland Museum. I have his book on early Oakland and Pontiac collector memorbillia. A member of our club is heading to the grand opening on July 21st. Another member is on the museum's advisory board. I just wish the City of Pontiac Michigan had made the offer to Tim to set up shop here instead.

On a lighter note, there is a petition before the City of Pontiac to rename the Woodward Loop (the northern end of Woodward Avenue) back to Widetrack Drive. It is expected to pass without much opposition this spring or summer.

I've been to Pontiac IL before. Nice town off Route 66. They have their own Route 66 museum too. It's worth a look. The old Standard Oil Gas Station in nearby Odell is way cool too.

I still think/hope Pontiac, MI will still do something of importance like this.

I would honestly love to go visit this Museum and the Route 66 Museum, definitely sounds like fun!

Here is the Lemans in front of the old Standard Oil station in Odell on Route 66.

Lemans-Rt66-PontiacILL2.jpg

yep i read about him when i wrote my paper on pontiac

I'll bring the minivan to see it haha... and maybe even cruise the '99 after the SSE conversion lol

I guess there is going to be a new place for the US Pontiac meets, huh?

I still think/hope Pontiac, MI will still do something of importance like this.

I would honestly love to go visit this Museum and the Route 66 Museum, definitely sounds like fun!

I just heard on Saturday that the City of Pontiac Michigan is indeed going to restore signs to the Woodward Loop with Widetrack Drive. So Woodward will be duelly marked as both Woodward and Widetrack Drive. Seems the city counsel unanimously voted for this. Now I guess it has to go to the city planning commission for funding and implementation and such. So no timing yet when the signs will go up. Hopefully it will be done in time for this year's annual Woodward Dream Cruise.

There are changing it back cool. Wait did I miss a meeting?

'Fraid so pal. You didn't get the memo?

Oh that's right, we have to translate it into Canadian first, eh! :lol:

I just heard on Saturday that the City of Pontiac Michigan is indeed going to restore signs to the Woodward Loop with Widetrack Drive. So Woodward will be duelly marked as both Woodward and Widetrack Drive. Seems the city counsel unanimously voted for this. Now I guess it has to go to the city planning commission for funding and implementation and such. So no timing yet when the signs will go up. Hopefully it will be done in time for this year's annual Woodward Dream Cruise.

Awesome. I really want to make it to the Woodward Dream Cruise one of these years. I was born in Pontiac MI and my grandfather (who used to work for Pontiac) still lives in Birmingham.

I think I know where in going for vacation. :)

Professor and notallthere joined me last year at Woodward. As Pro said, "I like this type of car show, it comes to you!".

Still no word yet when the city of Pontiac will put the Widetrack signs up, but I can't wait.

So when are you going to visit your grandfather?

PIMP!!! One of these days I'll get there... that's a long drive from FL.

Professor and notallthere joined me last year at Woodward. As Pro said, "I like this type of car show, it comes to you!".

Still no word yet when the city of Pontiac will put the Widetrack signs up, but I can't wait.

So when are you going to visit your grandfather?

Not soon enough! :rofl: I need to make it out there at least once this summer to help him organize his basement, as well as attempt to steal his '73 Grand Am wagon.

I'm totally going there once my GTO is done!