Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

as stated, whats is a good drop kit for the 2002 wide track GTP? my brother just installed 245/40zr/18 on his car.

these are the rims and tires

rims

http://topspeedautosport.com/images/RL06BK-Small-Lip.jpg

tires

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/tires/kumhh0.l.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

it is for my brothers BLACK GTP

Wait a tick this makes sense now :lol:

Funny thing is I read this at like 6 this morning before work and understood that then when I come back to comment at lunch I guess my mind was somewhere else... :lol2:

AGXs are the best struts outside of using the Bilsteins that came on the GXPs.

Spring choice is dependant on how far you want to lower the car.

as stated, whats is a good drop kit for the 2002 wide track GTP? my brother just installed 245/40zr/18 on his car.

these are the rims and tires

im going with ssc. 1.5 in drop all around. if you need a little bit more, eibach springs are the favorite when you want to be low, but not slammed. id suggest getting new struts with that. kyb agx are the main choice, but even gr2's do well.

also, next time get 245/45/18 tires. ur just making the wheel well uglier, and ur not really gaining much by running a lower profile tire. plus his speedo is a bit off.

The KYB AGX struts are what you want, since they're make to be used with lowering springs, where the GR-2 is an OEM style, and running a lowering spring on them will cause premature wear and tear.

Also, ditto with Adrian, you need a 45 profile with 18" wheels, no benefits from running a 40 profile, unless you're going to be stupidly low ALL the time.

• 5 weeks later...