Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Red97GPGT - Progression

I just couldnt take... grey on darker grey anymore. lol makes the inside actually feel roomier and better finished. lol

total cost - one pack of hot dog buns, and 8 bucks in paint.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founders

total cost - one pack of hot dog buns, and 8 bucks in paint.

Darn I was hoping we went back to the bartering system :)

Yeah that's why I enjoy my interior, I think even though some people don't like the 2 toned stock interiors that GM did for at least the G6's and it's sister cars, I think they got mine right on the nose. Tan leather and inserts with black as a main then fake wood plating on the handles and shifter.

Although I love black interiors, I think that it's a good break like you said and gives the car a different feel.

Built me a intake today, and i must say - im quite addicted to the noise of that thing sucking in air :(

Stock intake hanging up on the kill wall.

f1af3b0a.jpg

And the pvc short ram :(

2d597309.jpg

yay

Good job and I spy with my little eye some g6 lower grills. ;)

I love the interior, that grey on grey sucks, you know it does!

Thats my old 6's resonator, cmessicks resonator, his lower grills and my grand prix's stock intake. BTW the freaking PCM in inside the airbox on these cars, i could barely fit my hand inside the actual "airbox" its that restrictive.

• 3 weeks later...

Its almost done, but i couldnt wait to share. :)

I know the 3800 is all chewed up, damn kids from next down came over and fingered up the enamel, there was a confrontation with the 300lb bubba who is there dad... needless to say, wasnt happy. Some touch ups where black spray got through the masking. no bigge, lemme know what ya think!

b310a891.jpg

I'm not a super huge fan of the plastic engine cover thingies but that's pretty slick. Gives it almost a retro feel, haha. Good job!

Its almost done, but i couldnt wait to share. :)

I know the 3800 is all chewed up, damn kids from next down came over and fingered up the enamel, there was a confrontation with the 300lb bubba who is there dad... needless to say, wasnt happy. Some touch ups where black spray got through the masking. no bigge, lemme know what ya think!

Looking good dood.. can't wait to see it!

As for the plasti-kill wall.. I wuv my wall.. *all warm n fuzzy*

I just cashed in all our spare parts.. $51.55 ca-ching!

I like painted engine covers, today's engines just arent sexy enough without them unless its a v8. But alot of v8's arent that sexy to look at anymore without some sort of engine cover. Now the older style motors had eye candy but not so much today. I know my 3500 is super meh without its covers, kinda meh with them but then I painted mine and that dresses it up real nice.

:)

• Founders

I like painted engine covers, today's engines just arent sexy enough without them unless its a v8. But alot of v8's arent that sexy to look at anymore without some sort of engine cover. Now the older style motors had eye candy but not so much today. I know my 3500 is super meh without its covers, kinda meh with them but then I painted mine and that dresses it up real nice.

:)

:dancingpontiac::dancingpontiac::bacon: