Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

havoc1482's Progression Thread

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Nice graphic - front or rear windshield?

So how did you trunk and door locks come out?

I haven't decided, but I'm thinking front.

And I have the lock in the trunk, but I have yet to rivet the chrome trim piece back over it, so there is just a piece of tape covering it to keep dust and dirt out of the cavity in which it sits

• 1 year later...

Hey guys. Its been awhile. Sad news. I turned in the plates for the Phoenix. Shes no longer a road warrior :(

No point in paying insurance on a car that doesn't get used as much as I'd like. Some guy offered to buy it off me.....

YEAH RIGHT, LIKE I'LL EVER SELL MY PRECIOUS PONTIAC!

Seriously, I need to get motivated and kick my own ass into actually putting time into that car.

PUT TIME INTO THE PONTIAC!!!!!

2610957_57_full.gif

Get on it!!!

I agree with the guys Havoc. You can't get laid in the back seat of a tractor! The Farmall isn't as big a chick magnet as the Phoenix is either.

I agree with the guys Havoc. You can't get laid in the back seat of a tractor! The Farmall isn't as big a chick magnet as the Phoenix is either.

Would it upset you guys to tell you that I got another one?

1899943_10202505897001484_86366122355357

I've been working 730-5 Monday thru Saturday for the past 5 months. I haven't even gotten much time with the Farmall...

I do start the Phoenix every once in a while to make sure shes still healthy.

In Pontiac related news. Does anyone know why my GP keeps telling me to service Tire Pressure Monitor System? Every couple weeks it will come up and then go away. Would that also throw up the check engine light? Its been going on and off on a week by week basis. I thought it was because of a vacuum issue in the tank because it would go away after I put a full tank in, but now its not going away.

Also, is it me or are GM wheel bearings garbage? I had 3 of them replaced last year and the worst of the 3, (front driver) is really noisy again. Recommendations? My friend has an 03 Impala that he replaced the wheel bearings on and he told me this aftermarket Made in the USA brand that I cannot remember the name is good.

TMPS senors are finicky. Most of the time it the pressures are just a tad low (29 instead of 32) atleast in my experience.

I've replaced my front wheel bearings on the GA once at ~100k with Timkin ones. Just fine sitting at 160k. last 60k was a rough too. Last 5k included autocross events and previous to that I delivered pizza. Can't say I took it easy while delivering.

Timkin! That was the brand my buddy mentioned.

Its not even that the tires are low. If I go into the DIC there is no readings, just 2 dashes (--) for all 4 tires. Something is up with it. The CE light is on now, if it still on after work tomorrow I'll swing into Autozone and see if they can pull a code or something.

Ditto with both front wheel bearings (at separate times) on my '04 4WD Avalanche. Made a helluva racket when they went bad...replaced them with Timkin bearings. Cost a few more bucks extra over the stock replacement but I had almost 42k miles on the bearings when I sold the truck with no issues.

I plan to do the same thing with my '08 4WD Envoy Denali if they go bad too.

Got the code pulled. p0128. Engine Coolant temp is always low.

Weird. The car warms up reasonably. I've never had an issue with it not getting warm lol.

Put down the tropical drink. Then put on some Wranglers. Make sure they are good and old with at least one hole from workin. In the garage is a red thing with shiny things. Those are tools. Get them and enjoy a beer afterwards.

Well this is my daily driver and I work 6 days a week 730am-430pm literally I wake up in the dark and come home to the dark lol. I only have Sundays to do anything. The Phoenix is no longer registered so I have no spare. I don't have time to f*ck around and mess something up.