Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

havoc1482's Progression Thread

I love that car, reminds me of my first car. :bacon:

good job Gosty :indian:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Gapped and installed 8 brand spankin' new spark plugs! Fixed faulty connection for the #5 Cylinder on the distributor, BYE BYE MISFIRES! :D:)

Also got some GUNK Engine Degreaser, it made some of the Chevy Orange come off and guess what was under it!? PONTIAC BLUE xD hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

So my dad just bought a 1999 BMW 323i and I'm going to be driving his 2010 Chevy Equinox. You know what that means? Progression is going into overhaul mode this summer, body panels are coming off and the frame is going to get some attention :lol::)

Everyone get excited!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! I have an update for The Phoenix.

So I picked up some black cloth seats, that came out of a Firebird, from a tag sale. They cost my a whopping 25 bucks for the pair. They are to replace the tan leather seats that were in the car. Those seats sucked for a few reasons.

1. They are electric, and my car never had the necessary wiring to power them. They just sat unpowered, with the wires hanging out into the floor space.

2. Since they were unpowered the never moved, and since my car is a 2 door that created some obvious complications for people trying to get in the back.

3. They were too tall. A person at least 6ft tall would hit the ceiling. I'm 6ft and luckily the driver side seat is about an inch lower :P

Another thing I did today was put a cover on my rear seat. If you recall it was dry rotting at the top and it looked terrible. I just cut off the dry rotting pieces and wrapped the seat in an old bed sheet to protect the exposed foam. It is a temporary thing until I bring it to get reupholstered.

I currently do not have the seats in the car. I was just assessing the bolt patterns.

Oh, and deer.

20110619135158.jpg

20110619135111.jpg

20110619135321.jpg

Original Pontiac Platinum paint!!

20110619140116.jpg

20110619142234.jpg

20110619172917.jpg

20110619172923.jpg

Oh, and deer.

ohdearsy.png

so what color are you going to recover the f&b seats?

Thats good for a minute there I thought you were going to have a Bambi fur interior. :(

• Founders

Thats good for a minute there I thought you were going to have a Bambi fur interior. :(

Not yet, little Bambi will only cover a portion of the seat :bowdown: jk

no haha, that just happened to be a picture that I took that day that snaked its way into my uploads xD. Yes I plan for a black interior haha

Not yet, little Bambi will only cover a portion of the seat ;) jk

We can work with that, we'll just make Bambi seat insearts. ;)

post-2-1308682278_thumb.jpg

:bowdown:

Okay boys I have a question about my wheel well liner

Some background info before I ask:

I removed it to get at some of the areas inside my 1/4 panel and I decided to clean it up and put a coat of Rust-oleum on it. The primer I used was Rusty Metal for heavy rusted metal and rust prevention.

Now I've run into a problem. What color should I paint the liner? It side I'm painting will be visible in the engine bay. Should I paint it black? or Silver? or something else? You decide (within reason)

264057_2009169103510_1072187700_2256740_1163929_n.jpg

269189_2009169503520_1072187700_2256741_1857626_n.jpg

If the car is saying black then paint it black.

Here is an update on the wheel well liner. The driver side is done. Here is the final product. (A little scratched, but I had to fiddle with it to get it back in)

54389262.png

20110629111032.jpg

Here is a comparison to the passenger side liner.

20110629111044.jpg

Shes comin' along a little at a time.

Nice good job, now do the other side and the rest of the bay :lol:

I'll get to it next week. I have a few parties to go to this weekend so I'm just gonna clean up the outside of my car and make it look good :lol:

• 1 month later...

"Thank you for ordering from JC Whitney. A summary of your order 11267760 is shown below. A confirmation email will follow when your order is shipped. Meanwhile you can always check the expected ship date of your order by checking the order status page on our website."

A surprise? :agreed: We will find out