Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

havoc1482's Progression Thread

What about these?
/>http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TAY-74606/?rtype=10

I know they are just spark plug wires but I want a Pontiac blue. Add some color to that dark space that houses my lil 305.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Hey guys, What would cause my gauge lights and headlights to be dim. Last week I noticed that they were not as bright as they used to be, almost like there is a drop in voltage. My alternator isn't stock but I don't know how old it is too. Any thoughts?

Was the dial on cars back then? I can't remember :lol:

Modern cars have a dial that you can turn up or down that dims your cluster and lights inside....

Yeah I have it, but the dial only affects my gauges anyways, not my headlights. I've ficked with it and the highest setting is dimmer than what I know it to be.

I would test it and see if the alternator is putting out like it should. It could even have a voltage regulator going bad on it.

false. its called aiming. not matter how you put it, what kind of bulb it is it can be aimed. I dont care what internet fool told you that HIDs just scatter light or some shit. if its a housing that can be aimed, the light can be aimed, period. it may alter the pattern from stock so adjust for it. a housing will limit the direction that the light rays can flow. thats what they are made for. regardless of how the light leaves a bulb be it regular or HID, the housing will direct the light rays. a ray of light cant come out of a headlight straight then magically curve up to blind drivers.

ab1ea694-ed71-488b-8b92-6ec586f57c3c.jpg

Physics nerd incoming.

This is true. Light will always travel in a straight line unless some massive force distorts spacetime itself to curve its path. Unless you happen to work at the LHC and routinely drive through the ATLAS detector, light curving is unlikely to be an issue. From some reading, the only difference between a bulb and an HID is that the HID uses an electric arc rather than a hot filament to produce light.

So unless there is some mirror altering the direction of the light, assume that the light will travel in all directions from the center where there is nothing opaque in the way of doing so.

• 2 weeks later...

Plans for Spring/Summer!!!!!!

Finish my other wheel well liner

264057_2009169103510_1072187700_2256740_1163929_n.jpg

Put my carpets in

Get some new seats

Install my new plug wires

yeahtb.jpg

I'm also gonna get some new vacuum hoses.

Also going to remove my rear bumper and do some restoration. My father and I are on the fence about selling the BMW for another car for me and then either takign the Phoenix off the road or getting Antique plates so I can do some serious work on her.

Get a new carburator

On the topic of carburator. I'm looking for a 2 barrel. Any suggestions for a 2 barrel carb for my 305?

Goddamn I am so excited!

oh and on the side I am gonna look for some Pontiac rims. I hope I can sell my Old rally rims for a good price. That requires that I get a new car blah. Well at least I'll have a job.

I'm also need that new Arrowhead lololoolol

Get a 4 barrel carb if its not going to be your daily driver anymore!!!!

:lol: I Facken love the post it not on the dash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are those the right wires? cuz there wicked toooooooooo long for the car and kinda look like pop...............

So after about a week of usage with the new wires I can say that the old ones were definitely the cause of my engine knock/misfire.

Here is the culprit:

1328318082000__6367658178d1.jpg?th=700&tw=1500&s=false

Car runs smooth and is quick on the throttle now

Got the compressor out. I also had to take the accumulator with it because the nut is too stiff to get of without torquing the metal pipe that goes into it. All in all it was easy, every nut/bolt was still greased and came out without a fight.

432298_2905285225853_1072187700_2869093_858380759_n.jpg

I also accidentally activated my camera while I was brining it down stairs into the basement hahaha.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lIHaa6VVxo

Glad to see that the car is running better.

As for the carb. Save some cash or craigslist a dual plane intake for the car. I have an Edelbrock intake on the truck. Do not pay any more then $100.00 for the intake. Either Edelbrock or Holley both are good carbs used do not pay any more then $150.00 for either with no more then 600 cfm for that little motor. I think I got rid of all my Q-jets some time ago otherwise I would just send you one.

Glad to see that the car is running better.

As for the carb. Save some cash or craigslist a dual plane intake for the car. I have an Edelbrock intake on the truck. Do not pay any more then $100.00 for the intake. Either Edelbrock or Holley both are good carbs used do not pay any more then $150.00 for either with no more then 600 cfm for that little motor.

Cool, thanks for the advice. $100-$150 is well within my budget.

I think I got rid of all my Q-jets some time ago otherwise I would just send you one.

Damn! haha

• 2 months later...

34 years ago there was a Pontiac that rolled off an assembly line in Canada. That Pontiac was a Platinum Silver, Phoenix LJ with red interior. After exchanging a few hands she finally found her way into a junkyard, thought to be forgotten forever, until decades later, a man found this old relic and restored her. He added a fresh coat of Black Metallic Sparkle paint, restored the red interior to tan. He also gave her a nice set of Pontiac Rally rims and fresh Radial T/As. Her old glory was restored, until that man sold her to a boy and his father. Together that boy and his father took her apart. They took her wheels, her seats, her soul. She was left to rot out in a muddy shop yard, exposed to the elements. It looked as though her days were numbered, until an eager 16 year old boy from Massachusetts found her for sale. He bought the car, much to his families discomfort because she was his first car, but he didn't care, he was naive. The boy had no knowledge of cars, or how they work, or even the history of Pontiac. As he worked on her, trying the best he could to fix her, he met many new car enthusiasts. As his knowledge of cars grew, so did the bond between him and his Phoenix. She defined his youth. Now, 2 years later, the boy bought a newer Pontiac, a 2007 Grand Prix and will be off to College, leaving his Phoenix behind. After 34 years, she has survived 2 junk yards, harsh north eastern winters, and teenage recklessness. She is finally being retired, and is at the end of her journey as a daily driver.

She was and still is a great first car.

I will be getting her a fresh pair of Antique plates to put on.