Forums Gone... but not forgotten!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Pontiac of the Month

Pedja's 1968 Firebird

2019 March
of the Month

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

We are a community of Pontiac enthusiasts. The purpose of our community is to keep alive the Pontiac spirit by sharing (or showing off) our cars, discussing Pontiac, helping each other work on our cars and find information, plus attend various meets/shows/etc... To aid discussion, sharing, event planning and selling of parts/cars/anything, we have various parts of the website to aid this from Forums to an online Garage to Classifieds to even a Document Download Repository. You can find links to these in our navigation above based on what each section helps with (discussion, local events, learning, etc...).

We invite you to contribute, find help or just view some of our member's amazing cars! Don't forget, we also have great contests from time to time (like our Pontiac of the Month and yearly calendar contest) and our Pontiac This OR That, a fun game where you choose the best of two randomly selected Pontiacs from our online garage.

We look forward to seeing you around!

Sign in to follow this  
gandhi_2006

New(er) 350

Question

Wuts up guys, one of my friends have a used (30,000 miles) Chevy 355 small block and he offered to sell it to me for a really good price.

My question is would it fit/work in my 98 Grand Am SE 2 Door. It currently has a 3100 V6.

If it does fit/work should i go for it or not. Ive been told it will work by a couple of my friends one of them has done it before (or so she says).

Let me know guys thanks.

5 answers to this question

So let me get this right you want to put a Gen 1 or 2 small block for a rear wheel drive car into a front wheel drive?

Money makes the world go round and anything can be done for enough cash yeah it can. If you are trying to make your car a V8 that is front wheel drive then the 355 will not work easily. You would be better off with a Northstar V8 or a 5.3 out of an Impala or Monte Carlo.

If you are going to convert it to rear wheel drive. Anything is possible as I have seen an 01/02 Cavalier with a 572 but it would have been a hell of a lot of work.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

If it does fit/work should i go for it or not. Ive been told it will work by a couple of my friends one of them has done it before (or so she says).

I would love to see that BS.

Quite simply... No. Might as well go finance a brand new car with warranty and all the goods. Cuz thats what you will be paying in the end.

How about instead of buying the engine cuz its a good deal, you buy an engine that WILL fit thats a good deal? Look up 3400/3500 swap info.

How about instead of buying the engine cuz its a good deal, you buy an engine that WILL fit thats a good deal? Look up 3400/3500 swap info.

:lol:

Just because you're getting a good deal on something doesn't make it the right part or worth your while for that matter.

yeah i knew it would be alot of work of course i just kinda wanted to say what you guys would say, i pretty much dropped it after i thought about it. For one i kinda want everything to be mostly original, and two i sure as hell dont have the money, but i think it would be kinda cool to see something like that.

yeah i knew it would be alot of work of course i just kinda wanted to say what you guys would say, i pretty much dropped it after i thought about it. For one i kinda want everything to be mostly original, and two i sure as hell dont have the money, but i think it would be kinda cool to see something like that.

Tell him to sell it to me!!!! Id love to move up from my 305! :lol: