Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

So my names tony, i just made an account on this site and i gotta say its pretty cool

ive always loved pontiacs and have always grown up around them, my first car was a 1985 grand prix, but i just could never get her running just right, then a few months ago i traded it to some one for a 1983 pariseene, which i must admitt before i got the car i have never even heard of it and have never seen another one like it

on the subject of the pariseene, does anyone know just how rare they are in this area? the one i have looks alot like a box chevy type car, i know the pariseene was made mainly for canada as mine has a sticker that sais canadian transportation but just wondering if any one has any info of just how many of them there are, i live in dealware, there are many, olds cutlasses, chevy Caprice, ect..but never another pariseene

ive been thinking of getting a newer car, but im stuck on if i wanna trade in the pontiac or my 1996 f150 which is like my baby..wondering if anyone knows what kinda value or how rare pariseenes are?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

What you have there is a Bonneville. Assembled in Canada and called the Pariseene. The rarity of the actual Pariseene is most likely high because I've heard more about the Pontiac Phoenix than the Pariseene. On the other hand, rarity compared to the Bonneville is not as high because more people have Bonnevilles than your Canadian counterpart.

Nice cruisers.

The way I understand it is the Parisenne for certain model years were retained in Canada so to suffice the Canadian manufacturing laws. XXX number of cars had to be produced in Canada for particular manufacturers to maintain a presence in Canada or receive hefty tarriffs. So in Canada we received the Beaumont (Chevelle) Acadian (Nova). There have been a few more but I cannot remember what.

:lol: I'M SUPER MEGA JEALOUS. and I don't talk like that. I want. Like, want. My gramps had an 84 Parisienne... beautiful car. It's virtually the "box chevy" Chev Caprice aka Cheviac. I want it (pending upon condition.) Remember my Grandpa's like yesterday, pretty light brown paint job and the most comfortable seats you ever sat in (aside from his 1991 Cadillac). Yep... I'm just plain and simple jealous... :) and :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

3.8 (229) v6

turbo 350 trans w/ after market shift pack

My 86 Parisienne has a 305 5.0L v8 and also came with a 307

check it out i uploaded pics

Welcome to the site!!!!

A little history of your Model car, as was previously stated, up to 1983 the Parisienne was strictly a Canadian Market car, equivalent to a US Bonneville. But in 1982 the US Bonneville was drop from the Full Size A-body platform, and but onto the G-body Plateform that was formerly Called the Lemans and known as a Bonneville G. This was done to meet the goverment average gas milage regulations for the 82 Model year, the entire Pontiac brand had to get some average gas milage (sorry I do not know the specific MPG number) or better.

They found out that the move was not nessissart as the Brand met the gas milage figure with ease. And as the full sized Pontiacs were still in production in Canada, they decided to start importing them to the US starting in 1983. The 83's look exactly like a rebadged Caprice with different tail lights and grill, then either 84 or 85 not sure exactly the old Bonneville front end body dies were shipped to Canada, and used for the remainder of the production run, so the later cars look much more like a 77-81 Bonneville or Catalina.

Have fun with you car, they made quite a few, but very few survive today.

Have fun with you car, they made quite a few, but very few survive today.

:D

Mine still around ;-) and vroomin!

with 60 or is it 70ish thousand miles on her and the luxury brougham edition!

your 83 vs my 86 :agreed: (legally of course)

then after i win ill take everyone out for :lol: