Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

markpetersonii's 03 Mercedes-Benz E500 Sport

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2003 Mercedes Benz E500 Sport

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

You could have just gotten a 5.7 or 6.1 Charger, been a lot cooler if you did

streetcred.jpg

Oh god, yes!

I personally love Mercedes cars.

HOWEVER...

I hope your pockets are deep, Mark. These bad boys are pricey even for basic maintenance...unless you plan on doing your own oil change EVERY TIME, expect to shell out $95-$150 every oil change. You heard me.

The V8 in these cars, IIRC, holds excess of 9 quarts of oil, and NEEDS (you have no choice in the matter) FULL synthetic 5W-40 motor oil, preferably Castrol Syntec 5W-40 (German made) oil.

I know the basics of maintaining these cars, as a lot of them came into my old job at Sears, and they're high dollar for all parts needed. Don't be a cheap ass about maintenance, you WILL regret it.

The day I own a Dodge is the day that GM goes under and ceases to exist. I'll never own a Dodge, thanks for the advice though.

Previous gen chargers are mercedes...and...

7d737e64.jpg

Nice cars my dad brags about his Mercedes but it is a Smart car. How dark can you go with that for tint? The darker the better.

Previous gen chargers are mercedes...and...

7d737e64.jpg

Partially...

The LX platform was developed with the help of Mercedes, and Chrysler got some of Mercedes' know how tossed into their development: mainly the transmissions, suspension bits, and 50% of the electronics and driving aids are from the German automaker. The LX chassis is what Chrysler truely wanted out of the LH chassis cars (Intrepid, Concorde, Vision, 300M and LHS. Two generations of models existed on this platform)

Wait what? I thought you were in money problems bud? Did you find a steal on this?

Nice pick up though, how many miles?

Yes, nice car. But...

2c3e58e5.jpg

' date='Apr 13 2011, 08:32 PM' post='52584']

Oh god, yes!

I personally love Mercedes cars.

HOWEVER...

I hope your pockets are deep, Mark. These bad boys are pricey even for basic maintenance...unless you plan on doing your own oil change EVERY TIME, expect to shell out $95-$150 every oil change. You heard me.

The V8 in these cars, IIRC, holds excess of 9 quarts of oil, and NEEDS (you have no choice in the matter) FULL synthetic 5W-40 motor oil, preferably Castrol Syntec 5W-40 (German made) oil.

I know the basics of maintaining these cars, as a lot of them came into my old job at Sears, and they're high dollar for all parts needed. Don't be a cheap ass about maintenance, you WILL regret it.

I don't know how Mercedes is, but with my friend's BMW its $100 to do an oil change, due to the type and amount of oil needed. However the car is perfectly safe to run 15K between changes, so when you figure my car is about $30 and I only wait 5K between changes the oil isn't too bad. As I said though, that is BMW, I'm not sure how Mercedes is.

I don't know how Mercedes is, but with my friend's BMW its $100 to do an oil change, due to the type and amount of oil needed. However the car is perfectly safe to run 15K between changes, so when you figure my car is about $30 and I only wait 5K between changes the oil isn't too bad. As I said though, that is BMW, I'm not sure how Mercedes is.

Mercedes' engines have large oil capacities like the BMWs. On average, the intervals for them is 11K-13K. But these motors NEED synthetic, 5W-40 or 5W-50 works best in these engines (IMO, go with 5W-40) but they do NOT take nicely to any sort of conventional oil, as they'll burn through it in no time, and damage the valvetrain and oil pump. I've seen what using the improper oil weight in a German can does to an oil pump (2003 Passat w/1.8T motor, owner kept using 20W-50 conventional because of an "oil leak" which was really the engine burning the oil internally) and that car's oil pump was $1800 to repair. God only knows what an E500's would cost. (My guess, +$2900)

Holy posts guys! Thanks! I love it a lot so far.

03 with 90k miles, 1 owner (who custom ordered it from Germany), ALL the paperwork and original everything, completely stock and taken care of.

$15500 out the door, that's including a 100,000 mile 5 year warranty on just about everything (except for the little stuff like the carpet and stuff like that) and a $2000 down payment. So, only $13500 is financed.

Chaos - You're right about everything except the oil. No Castrol is going in this car, it specifically says Mobil 1, almost everywhere on the car. The cap, the radiator cover and there is a separate manual about Mobil 1 oil and Mercedes lol. I'm also surprised you like it haha, thanks!

DO NOT use Mobil 1. Mobil and Mercedes had a deal where they would use their names on each others products. Coming from my own research, and Euro owners, Castrol > Mobil 1.

Main thing, Mobil 1 isn't even a full synthetic oil! It's highly, highly refined conventional. You're paying +$7 for a quart of oil that's really worth $3.50. You will NOT get the proper protection with Mobil 1. The 5W-40 Castrol Syntec WILL. And FYI, Mobil 1 does not make a 5W-40 oil for gasoline motors, just diesel. No, they AREN'T interchangeable. :lol:

There's an oil forum with amazing facts and testing done to oil, and the results will surprise you. www.bobistheoilguy.com, or more commonly referred to as BITOG.com. The URL I stated, I'm not sure if it's the correct web name. Google searching will verify that for you.

Seriously, Mobil 1 is bullshit oil.

' date='Apr 13 2011, 10:17 PM' post='52599']

ASSUME THE POSITION.

And I'm Alpha as fvck, brah.

Get on my level.

You shall bow before me...

9eeffbe4.jpg

• Founders

Holy posts guys! Thanks! I love it a lot so far.

03 with 90k miles, 1 owner (who custom ordered it from Germany), ALL the paperwork and original everything, completely stock and taken care of.

$15500 out the door, that's including a 100,000 mile 5 year warranty on just about everything (except for the little stuff like the carpet and stuff like that) and a $2000 down payment. So, only $13500 is financed.

Chaos - You're right about everything except the oil. No Castrol is going in this car, it specifically says Mobil 1, almost everywhere on the car. The cap, the radiator cover and there is a separate manual about Mobil 1 oil and Mercedes lol. I'm also surprised you like it haha, thanks!

:lol: That's a lot of dough for a used Merc IMO but if you like it that's all that matters. There's only a couple Merc's I really like and same with Beamers. It's gotten to a point down here where if you have a Lexus, Merc or BMW you're a douche canoe, especially a Lexus.