Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

markpetersonii's 03 Mercedes-Benz E500 Sport

Thanks for the support guys and Chaos, I'll have to look into that oil thing a little more.

Trust me, Mark...Mobil 1 is teh garbage.

Also...IIRC, these can use a 0W-40 if you want a bit better MPGs.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

' date='Apr 14 2011, 03:58 PM' post='52668']

Trust me, Mark...Mobil 1 is teh garbage.

Also...IIRC, these can use a 0W-40 if you want a bit better MPGs.

Yeah, I've read the 0w-40 thing already. Thanks for the info.

congrats Mark but so not my thing so I'll be nice. lol

• 1 month later...

So I came across a few things in the last few days. Here are some future goals:

Exterior - I would like to do a flat white wrap and have black accents.

Wheels - I found these on eBay and since I won't be racing this car, I'm not worried about weight. These caught my attention and I think they would look great with the white/black theme:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-Rims-Whi...#ht_5394wt_1172

diablo5hmbm2.jpg

All the chrome would be gone and would become black. The chrome accents and the side markers would all be black along with the tails...

I hate chrome. lol

Hrmmmm...not bad.

Me personally, the AMG E55 body panels/bumpers are much more aggressive, and would look better than just the lip kit posted. But...are you trying to say you're lowering the E now?

bag it and dub it out. :lol:

anyways, i was reading through that oil stuff that chaos was yellin about and he is right. I use nothing but castrol in my car. always have and its a friggin import. lol. leaves my engine nice and gunkless.

anyways, nice ride mark.

just matte black the whole car and call it a day. would look dope!

20090515091351189.jpg

oh.. and go AMG bumpers please. no lip. AMG bumpers do def look more aggressive than the lip does like chaos says. but thats my opinion.

Lowering, yes. There are links that will work with my airmatic suspension and that way I can lower it and raise it with the controls I already have in the car.

AMG bumpers, no. I don't want to make the car look like something it's not. Other aftermarket bumpers are ok (not that I'm going to do it) but, I'm not going to make the non-AMG look like one and not have the power to back up the look. Thanks though.

Matte Black, No. I've seen WAY too many matte black cars out there that I'm getting sick of seeing it. I saw a Hyundai Elantra that was flat black for crying out loud. EW.

I understand the whole making it something it isn't...but honestly, who cares? I've seen plenty of normal Mercedes models with AMG wheels, exhausts, and such.

Adding AMG parts is no different than adding Mopar parts to a regular Dodge.

To boot, that's if you have the cash, it doesn't take much to unlock the power that's heavily restricted. Shit, a simple tune will turn that E into an animal.

Wheels and exhaust are fine to me but I don't want it to look like an AMG. I like the way it tlooks now. :lol:

About the power, HPS and Magnusen built a supercharger for my car that would give me close to another 100 hp BUT, that would be WAY down the road, I'm not even thinking about it.