Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Proud Mommy of 2 Pontiacs

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you!

I always say the same thing, Jim! Haha, but I've never bought a lotto ticket in my life :)

If I had more money to play with in one shot, I would've gotten a car that was closer to being complete than my car is, however now at least I can make it my own. I just hate doing things fully on my own as I'm still learning and am scared of messing things up, as the "undo" button on these things don't come without a cost, hah.

Here's some more pictures. Mostly of areas I started to clean up.

This is the original interior, save for the rear seat.

34536_538204997663_195200394_31281163_361394_n.jpg

Cleaned up the interior quite a bit, but there door panels are all cracked and warped. Ah well. The dash held up well, and is in great shape, save for the grandson of the car's long term owners hacking the old radio out with a screw driver. The dash pad held up well too, has minimal cracks, tears, and fading.

35019_538213670283_195200394_31281246_472716_n.jpg

18664_529910000903_195200394_31092112_6684959_n.jpg

My black standard seat before I cleaned it up more. The original blue deluxe seat was torn out by the previous owners and replaced with this one, as it had mites (ew!) in it.

63793_544687691293_195200394_31426051_803472_n.jpg

Just started to clean out the engine bay before things need to be fixed and painted. Having some slight issues with the carb, but as it's a 2 barrel and I want to upgrade to a 4, that's not such a big deal.

31981_536403308263_195200394_31236282_6904798_n.jpg

And the really MUDDY undercarriage shot. Car got stuck in my buddy's yard last winter and the car got caked in mud when we tried to get it out. As you can clearly see, my exhaust is exhausted (hah, corny I know). Not too sure what type of exhaust system I do want to replace it with, though.

And there we go. I'll be down in TN sometime the end of this month for god knows how long, so I'll have more than enough time to mess with the car and take some pictures. I'm hoping a buddy of mine will be getting back from deployment by July and we can go junkyard scrounging. He found me a wrecked '68 in the yard near my place, where I scored some REALLY clean visors, extra quarter window, passenger tail light, and some other odds and ends to have as spares. Hoping to have some front disc brakes, a booster, and perhaps a new ignition system on it soon.

• Founders

Wow the interior isn't bad at all! Engine bay looks like it will need some work though. Hard to tell what's mud and rust but looks like the underside is in good shape.

Overall definitely a great F'bird and can't wait to see this car progress!

Thanks Jim. Yeah, a lot was mud. I got all the mud off the exterior and now I have to go around the undercarriage and what not. A lot of it has surface rust but other than that it's a pretty solid car (well the exhaust is shot, but it still sounds good! haha nice and loud). I don't know where I can really get the car apart, a buddy of mine may be able to help me do it over at his place once he gets back from being shipped... but we'll see. I never like to really rely on other people.

Yeah the engine bay needs a bit of cleaning up. Once the block is cleaned off and repainted it, I'll go ahead and clean off the valve covers and go ahead and refresh everything else. I know I want to get an electric fan radiator and eliminate the stock fan that's on the block. My radiator is a bit beaten up so it's due for a change anyway.

Thank you, Sadie I appreciate that :)

Hopefully in a few months I'll be able to have some pictures with the updates :)