Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Proud Mommy of 2 Pontiacs

Thank you so much for the advice, guys! Yeah, I think there's a junkyard headlight on my passenger side, as for one the mount is cracked (body shop put it on after a pickup truck hit me, or unless of course they were clumsy and damaged a new part upon installation), so I'll see if it's an '08 headlight or if it is an earlier year. Pretty sure I still have my original '08 driver's side as I don't think it was damaged and didn't need to be replaced.

Haha, as for the painting, looks like I'll be investing in a paint gun and what not sooner than I thought, but that job seems easy enough to do for the tails ;) And hearing that you haven't been pulled over due to visibility issues has been a bit encouraging, as that was my biggest concern, as my friend recently smoked his tail lights and got pulled over just for having them grey/black vs. the traditional red.

Thank you, Jordan that is me :cheers: And if you have an ebay seller I can take a look at, that'd be great, thanks! :)

I honestly just want to do subtle mods to the g6 as there's several red sedans that look just like mine through town and as fun as it is to just get lost within the numbers and not stand out, I do thrive to make this car "mine". So these suggestions are definitely helpful, so thank you again!

I think my top 3 mods will be the windows, the mirror matching, and perhaps the lights. I didn't want to spend too much money on the daily as I've got a lot of work to do on the bird :)

Also great to see other ladies on the forums as well :) So used to being drastically outnumbered haha.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cops usually profile cars depending on what they are.

Myself, my GAGT seems to be invisible to 90% of cops. The only reason why I've gotten tickets as of late is the increase in police checkpoints in my area. Normally, Suffolk cops don't care. :)

I've been targeted a couple of times with the g6... either there's another red g6 in my town that looks just like mine that they confuse me with, or it's just the car itself... no idea why a stock midsized car would bother them, though.

The bird on the other hand, has managed to slip under the radar... but it makes me nervous as we had to transport the car over 98 miles without insurance, so I was pretty freaked out we'd get pulled over, but managed to do okay :) Car wont ever be driven without insurance again, it just worked out that way because we thought we were going to trailer it home, but had trouble with my buddy's truck on the way back.

• Founders

On the tails, it really just depends on the cop and what your state law is. I haven't been pulled over in the what, year and a half I've had my tails tinted but I know that it's 500 ft here and I know my tails will clearly be visible past that so if I get pulled over for them and he wants to give me a ticket for them we're definitely taking a stroll to 500 ft and I'm gonna prove to him that they work :)

and I still say my G6 is going to be my DD once I get my project car but money still ends up floating its way for mods ;)

My sister thinks I shouldn't waste money on the g6 since my parents have paid for it and it's still in my mother's name where as the firebird is 100% mine and in my name and fully my responsibility. My goal is to have the bird running reliably enough that I can just get in it and go whenever I want, as chances are that'd be my main driver, especially after hours when the streets are quieter (I have nightmares about some teenager running a red light and t-boning me).

Small appearence mods on the 6 isn't something to fuss over. Worst case scenario, you buy another stock set of tails. :) trust me, I've been though...five sets now? Two sets of stock GTs are in my room in boxes. ;)

• Founders

My sister thinks I shouldn't waste money on the g6 since my parents have paid for it and it's still in my mother's name where as the firebird is 100% mine and in my name and fully my responsibility. My goal is to have the bird running reliably enough that I can just get in it and go whenever I want, as chances are that'd be my main driver, especially after hours when the streets are quieter (I have nightmares about some teenager running a red light and t-boning me).

Yeah my sister said I was stupid as well, till she met her fiancée whose into cars as much as I am and now she completely understands ;)

I'd definitely would love to have the 'bird as a weekend car, nobody down here knows how to drive and I've had so many close calls that daily driving something that nice would cause me to have a heart attack lol, driving the 6er right now still gives me a panic when people do stupid stuff. I have a huge dent in my driver side quarter panel in my '95 Monte Carlo due to some idiot not knowing how to take a right into my neighborhood :)

Yeah. My... g6 has been through A LOT in its short 3 years. If I show you the pictures from when that pickup truck hit me... we all thought at the scene of the accident the car was for sure totaled... well, apparently the insurance company didn't think so (I'd hate to see how little we'd get for it now, if we were to sell it).

Yeah, the birdy would be reserved for nice weather and just those random days where I have the urge to just point the car to highway 70 and just drive until I get tired or hungry and want to go home. Firebird needs working tail lights before I can even legally drive it, anyway let alone insurance :) It has a bad ground I think, so it shouldn't be difficult to get back into working order.

I had SO many close calls after that initial wreck with the little 6, and all because people don't LOOK before they try to switch lanes, or blow stop signs. Literally, a week after I got it back from the body shop this woman on a cellphone blew through a stop sign and almost crushed all the work that had just been done to the car (and my mother who was in the passenger seat!). Good thing no one was coming in the opposite lane so I was able to hop in there and avoid being pummeled.

I'm thinking the US should be more like England on how they test driver applicants.

People have this idea instilled in them, that driving is a right. It's not, it's a privilage. You think it's bad where you live? Spend a day driving on Long Island. You might never want to drive again. I dunno how many times I've almost been hit, then that driver gets pissed AT ME, and usually flips me off. Of course, don't piss me off, you'll regret that. :)

Where I usually drive you have to avoid the over 70 crowd and teenagers... and then your average person who just shouldn't be driving. I almost got hit head on by a '92 buick that was PACKED Full of kids around 16 who were DRIVING DOWN THE WRONG SIDE OF THE STREET at nearly 50mph. It was the main street in town where you have a median separating traffic, so either the driver was a complete moron or those little brats were up to no good. Either way, that license deserved to be revoked.

:D and I LOVE the '68... Pontiacs have been in my family since long before I was even imagined... my Grandpa has owned them since 1950 and family has owned them since they hit manufacturing... LOVE IT! :)

Like the G6 too, but the '68 stuck out to me :)

I agree fully on the stricter testing and requirements for a license, I started driving legally in the late 90's and it wasn't bad (I had already had 7 years driving experience before I got my license) but people have gotten steadily worse as time has passed, and the number of close calls and accidents I've been in has gone up a staggering amount. I used to drive my 31 on the highway because it would do almost the speed limit, and with multiple lanes it was no big deal, people were courteous when I used to do it... now people get insanely mad and try to wreck me, or follow me off the highway and try to run me down when I get out of the car... so I take back roads now, I traded death and dismemberment for a few stone chips, seems worth it to me.

I wrecked my 55 GMC because of an idiot not paying attention passing a car that was coming towards me. Wrecked my dads hot rod Lincoln because a prick blew a stop sign right in front of me and I T-boned him...

I refuse to sop driving nice cars and classics just because of the other idiots out there, but I sure am a lot more careful then I used to be... trust no one.

Thanks Cody! I love my '68 as well, and have a strong love for Pontiac. My g6 was the first Pontiac to enter our immediate family (my mother and I chose it over a really nice black '08 Malibu), and just 3 months later I finally found a first gen that was in my immediate budget that actually was running and not rotten or in a thousand pieces. I was looking at both 1st and 2nd gens and decided to let the car choose me, and that one sure spoke to me before I even went to go see it, couldn't get it out of my head :D First time I laid eyes on it in person, I knew it was mine, even before we fully looked it over to make sure it wasn't cancer eaten or test drove it.

I'm so sorry to hear about the 55, Ryan. People really are despicable. The words "tolerance" and "respect" have left mankind among the majority.

I'm glad all cars I own and drive can surpass the speed limit so I am not one of those poor folks who keep getting dirty looks, honked at, or otherwise obnoxiously harassed, but I HAVE been run off the road with my g6 by some impatient tailgator in an SUV. I always already 10 over the limit, there's no way in hell I was going to go faster than that, and I'm sorry, I 'm not going to pull over and let you pass because you are in a hurry to lose control of your car and wreck somewhere.

My dad was in a similar situation 3 weeks after he bought his '72 Road Runner. A guy in a van cut him off, and my dad tried to swerve to avoid hitting him, and instead wrapped around a poll. The car wasn't totaled, but the entire front end had to be replaced.

Thank you!

Nice. When I was car shopping I was looking at Cudas, Road Runners, Camaros, and Firebirds, and when I got my g6 I wanted to have a matching Pontiac, so I found my '68 bird and it all felt right.

' date='Apr 7 2011, 03:08 PM' post='52147']

New and old. I'd do that if I had the space and money. :lol:

who wouldnt?

• Founders

The more I view your Firebird, it makes me want to get one more and more... Here's to hoping I win the lotto, but I guess that would require me to play it :lol: