Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Proud Mommy of 2 Pontiacs

Hello! I'm Kim, and I've been a life long lover of Pontiac (especially the Firebird) and daily an '08 g6 gt (sedan) and have my project and hopefully soon to be weekend warrior, a '68 Firebird (For those who are curious it's got the 350p under the hood).

I actually acquired both cars within 3 months of each other, and am very happy with both of them, despite getting pummeled by a pickup truck in the g6 the DAY I bought the Firebird (what a nice gift ;)) G6 is alright, frame and everything was untouched, just had some smashed body panels and a broken mirror and headlight. But she's back on four wheels, rolling, and in good shape. The pictures are taken after the repairs :) Car actually was purchased used and I had areas that were dinged up and scratched, fixed when the car was getting repaired so it looks cleaner than when I got it. She's also bone stock.

Here's a slew of pictures of my loves:)

61275_544752666083_195200394_31426716_2648945_n.jpg

24679_532108669753_195200394_31137178_4891838_n.jpg

24679_532108674743_195200394_31137179_3929108_n.jpg

156009_551294446303_195200394_31520596_1097298_n.jpg

60521_544752626163_195200394_31426715_7098743_n.jpg

31981_536426471843_195200394_31237065_5511570_n.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcometothetribe-1.gif I hope to see the firebird come to life and I have a g6 gt coupe too. :lol2:

• Founders

:lol2:

Very nice Pontiacs you got there! I would love to have a '68-69 Firebird (or Camaro)! Such amazing cars. Is the 4th Gen Firebird yours as well?

Great looking G6 too!

hey! welcome. awesome cars. i want! but a '67.

Jedi, a sedan not a coupe. :cheers: and Ringo, a Camaro? seriosly? what are people going to think when you run a Pontiac site? :lol2:

Welcome!

Sweet Bird, I regret turning down the last one I was offered.

Welcome to FP!

The 'Bird is awesome. Not quite restored, has a survivor look to it. Leave it be. Also...single exhaust? What motor is in there? I say at the very least, get an exhaust done. Even a set of Flowmaster Delta 40's make such a huge difference.

The G6, needs moar debadge. But I dunno what your mod plans are for it. The aftermarket is pretty decent for it.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I've got an endless supply of pics of the firebird haha, and some videos actually.

It's got dual exhaust, just for some reason in that picture the passenger side pipe isn't too visible. It's got a 350 v8 in it (poncho).

here's a pic where you can see it better where both pipes are visible:

17875_526310130073_195200394_31014652_2747905_n.jpg

video from last time i drove it before the winter :lol2:

You're right though, i do need a new exhaust, but that'll be a little later.

I wish it were my firehawk :cheers: The 4th gen belongs to a friend of mine :blink:

Longtube headers, mandrel bent 2.5" pipping with either Flowmaster Super 44's or Magnaflow mufflers and it'll sound like a beast. Toss in a nasty cam, and you'll feel like you're back in '68.

I want lope. :lol2: damn you transverse pushrod LA1 motor. *shakes fist*

Thank you! Well for the Firebird, what's next on the list is probably some bare essentials like front disc brakes along with a brake booster, perhaps getting rid of the points distributor, aluminum radiator with some electric fans, and perhaps scoring a 4bbl carb as it's still on the 2bbl, and it's rather temperamental.

For the g6, I'm still looking for some subtle things I can do to it, mostly right now looking into getting the windows tinted as step one.

Subtle things for the G6, debadge it! Also, paint matching the mirrors would really help out. Also, intake and exhaust do wonders for the LZ4 under the hood. Injen makes a good intake setup, and exhaust, I recommend my GA's combo: keep the stock 2.25" pipping, replace the stock resonator with an 18" glasspack, and run a Flowmaster 80 series muffler out back (it's a crossflow muffler, so you'll have the look of dual exhaust out back)

As for the windows, run 20% all around. I have it, and it's perfect.

Also, Eibach springs really do a good job ridding the stock 4x4 look, that EVERY GM car seems to have. Eibachs will lower you but you won't need camber bolts, since it doesn't throw off the suspension's geometry.

There is nothing wrong with points if you learn how to service them, they will often work better for high performance applications then a lot of the electronic ignitions.

Yeah, I guess what I'm looking for mostly is every day convenience as far as the ignition goes.

So I got to tinkering in photoshop, and granted this is a really messy chop job and I didn't really spend too much time on it, just wanted to get a basic idea, haha...

Ignore the uglyish wheels, just wanted black with polished aluminum lip, and these were the closet and good quality photos i could find.

g6mods.png

Hmmm...crack the stock housings open, and paint teh chrome black, those "spyder" projectors have TERRIBLE light output.

As for wheels, the Cobalt SS wheels look awesome on these cars. Just paint 'em black. :)

You know how to debadge? Easiest mod you can do.

I wasn't planning on getting rid of the stock headlights mostly because i didn't want to lose the brightness or have anything illegal. So i'll definitely be trying that mod you mentioned. I only used those gaudy looking lights because it was a faster fix than photoshopping the stock lights haha.

Yeah, pretty sure I know how to debadge, but I only have 2 emblems on the trunk lid and the "GM" squares on each front door.

Some of G6 members on here have cracked open the headlights on these cars before, very common mod to do. I forget the exact steps. Ryan (60degreeVVT) did this to his own headlights.

And to match, I'd tint the tails as well. Leave the backup lights untinted for contrast. All black tails just look cheap and lazy.

is there a way to do the tails without making them lose brightness? if i could find the steps somewhere i'd do it, as i've never done this before hah.

is there a way to do the tails without making them lose brightness? if i could find the steps somewhere i'd do it, as i've never done this before hah.

The proper way to do this is to actually use real paint (no niteshades) Both my stock GT tails, and my LED tails were shot in this way. First, clearcoat mixed with 8 oz. of DuPont gloss black It's enough black to mix with the clear and give it the color black, but is translucent due to the clearcoat. Three coats of this mixture, then three coats of straight clear, then baked dry. I have NEVER been bothered over visibility issues from cops. Both of these tails were sprayed with an HVLP spray gun.

Stock GT's:

MTC47.jpg

2nd gen LEDs:

ChaosweaveR-Stealth8.jpg

' date='Apr 4 2011, 02:00 AM' post='51863']

Some of G6 members on here have cracked open the headlights on these cars before, very common mod to do. I forget the exact steps. Ryan (60degreeVVT) did this to his own headlights.

And to match, I'd tint the tails as well. Leave the backup lights untinted for contrast. All black tails just look cheap and lazy.

Psh, say what you want Chaos, mine are all black..... :)

But anyways, you will need 05-06 headlights to open them. The 07+ have a grey sealant that is nearly impossible to open wihtout breaking the lens. I can get you an ebay seller that sells them if you want. But those eagle eyes projector headlights you have chopped on are good. A couple guys on g6performance.com have them and the light output is good. The spyder ones on the other hand suck balls.

Anyways welcome! And not to creep but if that is you in your avitar you are pretty!