Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Shakercars's 1972 Trans Am

2019 August
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Sign in to follow this  
73GTOdad

73 Lemans progression

Well this a little late considering what i have already started on since i bought the car. The first thing i done was to take these ugly half moon headlight covers off the car that the previous owner for some reason thought was cool. Then i bought a "new" header panel that is in the pictures that i have already uploaded. I have bought weather stripping for the roof rail door and trunk but have not yet installed them, and i bought a new package tray insert "the mesh not crappy cardboard Frosty will know what i mean" with the jute backing, it to is waiting to be installed. Lastly the most recent thing i have done is to repaint the original grill emblems. I'll get some before and after pictures up sometime this weekend. This restoration will take awhile since i do not have my own garage "my dad has one but its usually full" that combined with the never at the same time money+time makes for some frustration, so bear with me.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Cool can't wait to see pics!

Yeah I know the feeling Keith. It sucks having no garage, but I'm sure you'll manage. It will be worth the wait. :lol2:

Yeah I know the feeling Keith. It sucks having no garage, but I'm sure you'll manage. It will be worth the wait. :D

thanks unless i get a better paying job after i finish my degree i figure it will take at least 7-10 years to finish the car completely. I love my pontiac but in all fairness the wife and kids were here first, lol, just kidding my wife has helped me here and there with it like cleaning rust off and even my little one ella (4) takes sand paper to stuff i hand her, shes cute when she works on stuff. She really gets into it. :D

thats sounds like my 2 yr old son he helped me take apart the head light housing to pop a dent out lol.

I look forward to seeing your progress, no matter how quickly or slowly it goes!

Ok here is the "350" grille emblem before and after, funny thing is i have two emblems so the before and after shot was easy, if a little fuzzy sorry bout the crappy photo.

100_2185.jpg?t=1302893253

:lol: put into focus of camera :) jk

It looks good, I really like it!

Nice work on the emblem!

Thanks for the compliments i worked hard on it (perfectionist in me i guess) seriously i'm proud of how it turned out and your comments reassure me

Ok it's been awile since i've posted. I've got a few things done, mostly cosmetic.

grillold2.jpg

before

grillredone2.jpg

after

doorpnlold.jpg

before

doorpnlredone1.jpg

doorpnlredone2.jpg

after

Photo-0028E.jpg

before

Photo-0040D.jpg

after

Photo-0046.jpg

before and after

before

airclnrlidold.jpg

after

airclnrlidredone.jpg

Looks great! Very nice, everything looks amazing now

looks great sofar do you have any pics of the whole car?

looks great sofar do you have any pics of the whole car?

Not yet most of the stuff i've done is so small it might go unnoticed on the car as it's so big. But ill get a few anyway.

Great job. Even though these might seem like easy little things, they all add up. Small restorations lead to big restorations, and a lot of satisfaction along the way. You know what you started with and you are pleased how it ended up. That's great !!!!

Keep up the great work!!!!