Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Commodore Rumors

Ringo64

• Founders
Report: Holden Commodore coming to U.S. as Chevrolet SS sedan?

by Aaron Richardson (RSS feed) on Mar 29th 2011 at 9:57AM

holden-ssv-lead.jpg

2011 Holden Commodore SSV – Click above for high-res image gallery

With General Motors' cash flow back to reasonable levels, the company is re-evaluating its position on Australian-built Zeta rockets like the Holden Commodore. The last one we had on our shores was the much-lamented Pontiac G8, which was essentially a Commodore with a new set of badges.

With the success of the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro, GM has reportedly okay'd the development of a new Zeta sedan for the American market. According to reports, it's slated to debut in early 2013 as a 2014 model, concurrent with the introduction of the redesigned Holden Commodore. Particular details, such as engine size, transmission options and horsepower figures are as yet unavailable. That said, a pushrod small block in the neighborhood of 430 horsepower probably isn't too far off the mark.

The rumor gets juicier, and a tad more unbelievable, with the revelation that a sport wagon and Ute version of the car are coming as well. The ute, if it happens, will debut around the same time as the sedan, with the sport wagon arriving later in 2013.

I still say I'll believe it when I see it but I would absolutely love to see this happen!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I still say I'll believe it when I see it but I would absolutely love to see this happen!

:lol: and here we go again! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree, I will believe it when I see it.

Owning a 2009 G8 GT I feel confident in saying it is the Best GM Car I have ever owned. And I would say anyone buying one could do alot worse!!!!!!! Stock form 13.53 in the 1/4, 23 mpg average, Stops, handles, need I say more? Our car is a 356 hp version, with cloth interior, no Sunroof, and so is very light for the type at 3920 lbs with no driver and 1/2 tank of gas. That according to the local tracks scale, the 2011 Camaro SS with 410 hp that I just beat weighed 4210 lbs with all the extras on it. It ran 13.77.

Those Holdens really need to be sold here, and not China.