Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Who am I, What Did I Do With BAMBAMM?

Sorry for my lengthy absence, I had become another victim to substance abuse. I had been smoking crystal meth(ice) and it has taken a negative toll on my life, responsibilities, and employment. I'm no longer employed, I was not busted for my use, however I've had to come to terms with my use and now I am recovering and correcting my life. I'm working to get myself back into the working community. No I didn't do anything irrational, I just started coming into work, later and later. eventually, I was released for tardiness and work performance. No drug testing or screening was done to prove, however accusations, I didn't deny, were made.

I have been usuing meth/crank, since about my 38th birthday, around Halloween. It all started cause a chick and well, it's history from there.

I'm ok, please just let it be as it were, you'll find i'm the same person, just not afat guy like most remember, too. In the past 5 months, i've lost probably 8 inches around the waist, that's 4 inches in pants, I was wearing 48's, now I'm probably into 42's, but I'm just tightening the belt a little more wearing the 44's. I'm eating healthy and I've stopped drinking completely. Gosh It's really tough to write this...........

I'm sorry to have break this news to most of you, however I'm still driving my 6, but she's not too appreciative right now, I'll have to wash her as soon as my first UE check comes in. Making ends meet have gone as far as I can right now, the finance company actually tried to retake the car last month, on the 24th. really, financial companies are that hard up they are trying to collect cars 11 days past due, no, NOT 41, days, 11 days past due! My payment is due the 13th, it was the 24th they shut it off with the gps locator. Luckily, I know how to disengage it so I could take my buddy home and call them with a bit of time to make the payment, as they say the collector was on his way. Well, I have a working relationship with them now, I called her yesterday, they are local anyway, and informed her I had not received any UE check, and probably wont for another 20 days......Why does california take so long?...She said that's fine, they just want me to keep in touch with them.....easy enough for me, I'll call them every two freakin days, I said, she said that's fine.

So all in all, I'm here, I'm available for conversation, anyone can call me, 502-922-6746, yes, it's a gosh darn kentucky #, but it's my google voice number, for my Tmobile phone, please make sure you say immediately, "Hey Bam, it's "Jimbo" from G6P, how you doing"........it will keep me from being rather negative when I ask, "who the hell are you, you called me?" as my reply.

I wanna say again, I'm ok, just lost my way there for a little bit, and thanks for everyones support.

Bambamm, I'm just a little lighter now..................

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

BAM! :lol:

Welcome back! Good to hear everything that happened, impacted your life in a good way and you're turning it around.

I have a buddy at work that just got back from rehab a few weeks ago and he is one healthy SOB now lol

Keep it up,

Good to hear from ya!

• Founders

Oh wow, sorry you got messed up with that stuff but at least you are smart enough to turn it around.

Hope you keep up being sober, congrats on getting around it and hope you can stay off it! Let me know if you need any help...

I was wondering what happened to you, you lovable goof.

Glad to see you clean off the meth shit. I've seen quite a few HS friends of mine die from drug abuse. Kudos, bro.

Now stay clean, or I will find a way to Cali and smack you upside the head with a 2x4. :lol:

' date='Mar 22 2011, 05:33 PM' post='51218']

...Now stay clean, or I will find a way to Cali and smack you upside the head with a 2x4. :lol:

do it anyways. the come to Cali part i mean.

Wow. I don't know you well, but I'm glad that you have learned from the past and you're becoming a better person for it. It's very big of you to come here and tell everyone the truth. Good luck with the car-- I hope everything gets paid off and worked out in your favor. I also hope you can get things together well enough to get a job here soon. I know the market is tough right now, everywhere. I'll be sure to keep you in my thoughts!

O wow man in so sorry, get better buddy. B)

call me if you need to bla bla bla at someone. :lol:

thanks to you all, just doing alot of resting lately. I'm very bored to say the least, but as long as I keep away from the people I started down the path of ill will, I'll be fine.

Thanks again.

Hey man, glad you've decided to not let a substance control you, you are in control of yourself and nothing else. A tip for your boredom? PT, PT first thing in the morning, then workout at night again if you're motivated. It takes a lot of balls to share what you did. About two years ago, and I'm not tryint to steal your thunder, I was in a bad car wreck that permanently damaged my frontal lobe which controls all your emotions, at the same time I tore some of the muscles away from the spine in my lower back. When I woke up from a coma I was on several pain meds when I got out of the hospital. I soon, unbeknownst to me, developed bipolar disorder because of my lack of regulation of certain chemicals which cause mania and depression. I was manic, manic to the point I couldn't sleep, I could drink 30 beers, sleep an hour and be ready to go. I wasn't afraid of anything, no fear of any consequences, like I could slap bullets out of the air, no inhibition, I'd say whatever the FORD was on my mind, no matter who I was talking to. I started eating mad pills to mask the problem, it finally got to the point where 10 vics or percs wouldn't do shit. I finally admitted something was wrong. Now I'm on a mood stabilizer twice a day and an antipsychotic ( I'm not psychotic, just the class of drug). I'm lucky I don't get physiologically addicted to things, I had no withdrawal symptoms, just stopped taking it cold turkey and was fine, but now need the maintenance drugs to combat my bipolar disorder. Well, now I'm good, I still feel it, it's there, I'm tiptoeing on the edge everyday and without the medicine I'd be over the edge, but the medicine is a tool I use in conjunction with self control to manage my bipolar symptoms. I guess what I'm trying to convery is that YOU need to be in charge of yourself, YOU need to tell yourself YOU will win this battle and it is a lifelong battle, there will be times where you're going to be like "Oh man, one beer and then I gotta go" but you know its not going to be one beer, it's not going to be one hit and it's not going to make you happy. Only YOU can make yourself happy and understand that YOU can achieve all the things you want to. YOU may be whatever you resolve to be. Life is short, while you're here don't live it with an altered consciousness, esperience it all. For the first time in your life, feel what it's like to actually feel, feel the world of the real. If your box isn't big enough, just make a spaceship.

Hey man, glad you've decided to not let a substance control you, you are in control of yourself and nothing else. A tip for your boredom? PT, PT first thing in the morning, then workout at night again if you're motivated. It takes a lot of balls to share what you did. About two years ago, and I'm not tryint to steal your thunder, I was in a bad car wreck that permanently damaged my frontal lobe which controls all your emotions, at the same time I tore some of the muscles away from the spine in my lower back. When I woke up from a coma I was on several pain meds when I got out of the hospital. I soon, unbeknownst to me, developed bipolar disorder because of my lack of regulation of certain chemicals which cause mania and depression. I was manic, manic to the point I couldn't sleep, I could drink 30 beers, sleep an hour and be ready to go. I wasn't afraid of anything, no fear of any consequences, like I could slap bullets out of the air, no inhibition, I'd say whatever the FORD was on my mind, no matter who I was talking to. I started eating mad pills to mask the problem, it finally got to the point where 10 vics or percs wouldn't do shit. I finally admitted something was wrong. Now I'm on a mood stabilizer twice a day and an antipsychotic ( I'm not psychotic, just the class of drug). I'm lucky I don't get physiologically addicted to things, I had no withdrawal symptoms, just stopped taking it cold turkey and was fine, but now need the maintenance drugs to combat my bipolar disorder. Well, now I'm good, I still feel it, it's there, I'm tiptoeing on the edge everyday and without the medicine I'd be over the edge, but the medicine is a tool I use in conjunction with self control to manage my bipolar symptoms. I guess what I'm trying to convery is that YOU need to be in charge of yourself, YOU need to tell yourself YOU will win this battle and it is a lifelong battle, there will be times where you're going to be like "Oh man, one beer and then I gotta go" but you know its not going to be one beer, it's not going to be one hit and it's not going to make you happy. Only YOU can make yourself happy and understand that YOU can achieve all the things you want to. YOU may be whatever you resolve to be. Life is short, while you're here don't live it with an altered consciousness, esperience it all. For the first time in your life, feel what it's like to actually feel, feel the world of the real. If your box isn't big enough, just make a spaceship.

Awesome.

im just glad to hear you are ok man. i am in and out of the forums as well but my kids have taken priority of my life and well.. i have been on the verge of other things as well.

anyways man, glad your back and clean. keep up the good work.

Hey there man. I noticed there hadn't been many posts from you. Yeah, drugs can sit you in a mess. I had a LOT of friends way back in the day, high school wasn't actually that long ago for me (only my first year graduated right now) but since sophomore year, I've lost a TON of friends to drugs and alcohol. For the most part, I'm generally against drinking, and I'm fully against drug use. Although in that setting, I still believe that the gov't should legalize and TAX marijuana, there are these stronger drugs (meth, crack, heroine) that should remain illegal, I just find it as a good way for SERIOUS income and probably would straighten out our financial problems out quickly. Back on point here, I have to say I'm VERY happy for you making it over your mess. My girlfriend's parents were addicted to meth for many years. Her mom was a drug addict on and off from the age of 18 up until about the age of 34 or so. Her step dad was a heavy meth user for over 16 years also, and they've both made a huge turn-around. He now leads group meetings at the Treatment Center and is 4 years clean. My family is a long runner of alcohol which is also messy, but I have seen through others' pain the trouble drug use can cause.

In the end I just gotta say I feel for ya man. I am definitely glad you recovered and I am expecting to continue to hear from you, here on FP :) don't lose the 6 my friend! That car is yours!

Welcome back, glad to see your on the right track to getting your life back !!!